The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Big difference in the amount of money we're thinking we are due for Johnson depending on whether we sold him for £400k or £600k and whether the sell-on fee is 10 or 25%.

Of course, it could be an where in between.

In any case, some welcome cash towards the budget and paying off our loans.

If what we hear is correct and we are due either 10% or 25% of fee minus the £400000 we received, then we are due between £210,000 and £525,000

Why should the original fee whatever that was be deducted from the add on amount?.

Example: Sold by well for 400k plus 10% add on.

Sold later for 2m add on to well 200k deduct 400k result zero and it could be argued we owe money.

On your thinking add on would need to be 40% just to break even.

Tell me I am wrongly reading your post.

As far as I’m aware, current rumours are:

In

Paul McGinn – Free

Jordan McGhee – Loan from Hearts

Out

Ben Heneghan – Blackburn (bid made), Hull, QPR & Birmingham

Chris Cadden – Brighton, Cardiff

Louis Moult – Rangers, Leeds

Ryan Bowman - Hartlepool

Any others?

Why should the original fee whatever that was be deducted from the add on amount?.

Sold later for 2m add on to well 200k deduct 400k result zero and it could be argued we owe money.

he means (£2.5M-400k ) * .10 = 210k or (£2.5M-400k)* .25 = 525k

As far as I’m aware, current rumours are:

In

Paul McGinn – Free

Jordan McGhee – Loan from Hearts

Out

Ben Heneghan – Blackburn (bid made), Hull, QPR & Birmingham

Chris Cadden – Brighton, Cardiff

Louis Moult – Rangers, Leeds

Ryan Bowman - Hartlepool

Any others?

Paper cuttings from the last fortnight or guess work ? That will be all our best players away then. We will see on Friday I suppose.

he means (£2.5M-400k ) * .10 = 210k or (£2.5M-400k)* .25 = 525k

I know what he means by the calculation!. My question is why deduct the original fee of 400k from any later fee thus reducing the add on value to us.

In other words a xfer fee of £2.5m with add on of 10% is 250k AND the original 400k should not be deducted. Precisely why it is called an add on.

I know what he means by the calculation!. My question is why deduct the original fee of 400k from any later fee thus reducing the add on value to us.

In other words a xfer fee of £2.5m with add on of 10% is 250k AND the original 400k should not be deducted. Precisely why it is called an add on.

The percentage is always on the profit rather than the whole fee.

I think if we get £300K for Heneghan and a sell-on clause of 25% plus a £100,000 bonus if Blackburn get promoted then it's a good deal. Remember the only way we can attract players is if we give them the platform up here and sell them on for a good profit. Harsh but true. Also only way Cadds will leave this window is if we get a huge offer. No rush or need to sell him just now

• Like 1

You are reading it wrong, perhaps he should have used brackets (fee minus £400000)

I heard a rumour that if Heneghan goes we are looking at trying to bring in Peter Hartley who we almost signed last summer.

Looking at Soccerbase he signed for Blackpool in the summer but hasn't featured in the league at all for them so may be surplus to requirements.

Conveniently at almost the exact time a certain well known taxi driver seemed to fall off the face of the earth

Ha ha!

If I'm being compared to a taxi driver I really must be a moaning git!

Sorry, I don't have a driving licence and I wash my armpits so no go on that one.

On the other hand I did meet Lee Harvey Oswald several times at the Cuban training camp just outside Overton.

• Like 1

Sky Sports now reporting we have rejected a bid of £250,000 for Heneghan from Blackburn. Claiming we want £500,000.

Fair play to the club if this is true, finally looks like we are starting get some sort of backbone when it comes to rejecting offers. 500k for Heneghan would be good business on our part. Big difference between this and 150/200k. Hopefully with this and the Marvin money we should be able to get a couple of centre backs in. Perhaps McGinn and one other?

If what we hear is correct and we are due either 10% or 25% of fee minus the £400000 we received, then we are due between £210,000 and £525,000

Depends whether the deal is based on the sell on value is against profit or not.

A club may ttake a gamble (especially if the player is a main target) and agree that profit is against the value of the next sale. If they stand to lose money then they'll negotiate harder or reject any bids and let the contract run out.

So in reality £750,000 is an achievable and realistic figure....... whether it works out that way though is a different prospect.

The percentage is always on the profit rather than the whole fee.

No it's not the percentage of any future transfer fee negotiated is a percentage of that future fee, i.e. if we got a 25% add on in the Johnson deal and he goes for 2 million then we are due 500k simples

Selling Heneghan will leave us very short at centre back. Dunne, Kipré and Plummer with little or no backup.

Would hope we have someone lined up...

Might also depend on how Robinson views the strength of our midfield options - can we drop McHugh to the back 3 and still be strong in the middle of the park?

I'd say absolutely not - but Robinson might have another view.

No it's not the percentage of any future transfer fee negotiated is a percentage of that future fee, i.e. if we got a 25% add on in the Johnson deal and he goes for 2 million then we are due 500k simples

Surely it can be either, it could also stipulate it had to be paid in ginger bottles if that's what they wanted...

I've no idea if any sell on clause in Marvins transfer is a percentage of profit or a percentage of the fee, nor do I know if it's to be paid as money or in empty glass bottles.

I doubt the club will tell us either.

Surely it can be either, it could also stipulate it had to be paid in ginger bottles if that's what they wanted...

I've no idea if any sell on clause in Marvins transfer is a percentage of profit or a percentage of the fee, nor do I know if it's to be paid as money or in empty glass bottles.

I doubt the club will tell us either.

We will never know for sure unless the club's go public but was listening to radio Clyde and they mentioned the 10% sell on deal that Celtic had for Van Dijk and how it could be worth 8 mil to them if he went to Liverpool for the reported 80 million, so fairly sure most other deals will be the same i.e. the % of the total new transfer fee.

• Andy_P locked this topic