The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

There is a point there though, we can't get a sell on as well as a development fee. So we could sell him for 500k now and get another 25% of hopefully a few million down the line, or we can let him go at the end of his contract and only get the development fee.

Personally I'd go with the latter, as I think 2 years of cadden is more valuable than the potential sell on amount.

Regarding Caddens, we could sell him to Oxford now for say £700,000 and a 25% sell on clause or wait a year and sell him to another club for £1M+ and a 10% sell on clause.

Long term I'd say the first option would possibly get a better total return.

Edit: looks like Fizoxy and I are thinking along the same lines.

Regarding Caddens, we could sell him to Oxford now for say £700,000 and a 25% sell on clause or wait a year and sell him to another club for £1M+ and a 10% sell on clause.

Long term I'd say the first option would possibly get a better total return.

Edit: looks like Fizoxy and I are thinking along the same lines.

Some people are getting carried away with the Marvin sale I think, absolutely no guarantee it will ever happen again. I for one would prefer to keep our most creative and industrious player we have

• Like 2

Some people are getting carried away with the Marvin sale I think absolutely no guarantee it will ever happen again. I for one would prefer to keep our most creative and industrious player we have

This.

Aye we all think he is a cracking player and the only way is up for him but he might move and it doesnt work out and no sell on fee.

With the way we have dealt with Blackburn about Heneghan the past few days (according to rumours) I think its going to take a pretty chunky fee to get Cadden.

Sooner the window shuts the better.

• Like 1

The other thing to consider is that although the Marvin Johnson deal has worked out, there is no guarantee that everyone we sell will go from strength to strength and command a bigger fee a few years down the line. You just need to look at the number of young Scottish players that end up coming back up here after a couple of years of reserve football.

Money isn't everything let Dundee Utd be a warning to everyone about selling all your best players

Paying our debts means that we don't end up in a similar situation to the one they ended up in, so in this case, I'd say it is.

Nobody from the club said we were in for McGinn. If we do sign a new defender it's just as likely to be someone we haven't heard of.

As for the Marvin cut, I'm sure we can work it out sooner ot later from the accounts that we have access to as Society members.

• Andy_P locked this topic