The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

The club is finally being run with people with a bit of balls. Manager looks to have built a squad that the fans seem to be happy with. Season ticket sales are touching 4000. The optamisim is higher than its been for a long time. Down to the team on the park now. Next saturday can't come soon enough now.COYW.

The club is finally being run with people with a bit of balls. Manager looks to have built a squad that the fans seem to be happy with. Season ticket sales are touching 4000. The optamisim is higher than its been for a long time. Down to the team on the park now. Next saturday can't come soon enough now.COYW.

• Like 2

He's been available for a fee all summer. As far as I know, no club down south thought he was worth £500k. So I can't see anyone wanting to pay more than that if he's got an extra year or two on his deal.

If Moult has any aspirations of playing in England any time soon, he'd be off his head to sign a new deal with Motherwell. He'll be away on a free next summer.

Aye!!!

I know details on Ben Heneghan's move are deliberately sketchy but does anyone know if there are add ons? Have they been mentioned anywhere?

Robinson stated that it was a good move both just now and potentially in the future so certainly sounds as if there's an add on of some sort...

I know details on Ben Heneghan's move are deliberately sketchy but does anyone know if there are add ons? Have they been mentioned anywhere?

Mr Robinson's quote on the website says

"It’s a very good piece of business for the football club both now and potentially in the future"

That's the only thing I've seen, but certainly suggests a similar arrangement to Marvin J

So he won't take the increase in wages ?

Anyway off to the pub to watch the Scotland game anyone know a taxi number

He will probably think it's better to stay on the current wage to increase his chance of a bigger wage later.

And if a team is willing to pay us £500,000 for him they would surely rather than pay him a big signing on fee, us heehaw and save themselves a few hundred grand.

You don't think there is skill involved in drumming up a bidding war to get him leaving for something in Jan opposed to nothing in the summer?

There would be immense skill in that if:

a) Anybody wants to spend money in January when they don't need to

b) Moult doesn't just sign a pre-contract with a team he really wants to play for and plays out the season with us

It's b) that is the most likely scenario.

I'm sure there are many clubs would love to know how to do generate a bidding war in January, but historically that just doesn't happen.

Unfortunately Moult, I think, will go for nowt similar to the likes of Randolph who we expected to make us a wedge.

I'm ok with that. The club has the right strategy in place now, evidenced by the c£1m we've just taken in. It's a different situation to a few years ago when everyone was just leaving for nowt or a pittance.

Moult will give us 3 years of important goals, superb effort and drive for the team and do well wherever he ends up deserving of a bigger salary than we can afford.

• Like 2

The Ben Heneghan deal is Tommy McLeanesque. He was quite astute at bringing in players for small fees, getting decent performances from them and then convincing other clubs to buy them for decent money. Smudger Smith comes to mind - couldn't believe it when Dunfermline stumped up £60K for him.

My memory is that Smith had a good partnership with Walker and actually scored more goals , probably because Walker was doing more setting up work.

Smith probably never had the same level of service again and we benefited from the purple patch of his career.

The Ben Heneghan deal is Tommy McLeanesque. He was quite astute at bringing in players for small fees, getting decent performances from them and then convincing other clubs to buy them for decent money. Smudger Smith comes to mind - couldn't believe it when Dunfermline stumped up £60K for him.

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic