The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

The money we get in comparison to what Celtic get is absolute peanuts. Celtic (and Rangers), hoover up cash consistently season after season, and they keep getting stronger domestically.

Our league is absolutely fucked due to the amount of cash two clubs can generate compared to the rest, and for that reason I hope they get fucked up and down the place every time they play a game of fitba'.

• Like 5

All the fawning over Brendan Rodgers gets on my tits TBH

the millions they make from the group stages will never make a difference to whether we will challenge there dominance. So if we can make a some good money from there qualification and get a right good laugh watching them make an arse of themselves in the group stages, I don't mind.
  • Like 2

Even if the solidarity payment is meant for youth, as stated by Uefa...it's fairly easy to adjust budgets on paper so that the extra money is used elsewhere. All it means is you keep the same youth budget as last year but you know 370k of it is coming from Uefa. So you suddenly have 370k the club doesn't have to put in which...can then go elsewhere.

...So you suddenly have 370k the club doesn't have to put in which...can then go elsewhere.

This, plus the annual savings of 50k or whatever the Vanity Project Manager cost us in wages, means a new scoreboard and paint free steps in the Hunter Stand are no longer a pipe dream.

The money we get in comparison to what Celtic get is absolute peanuts. Celtic (and Rangers), hoover up cash consistently season after season, and they keep getting stronger domestically.

That's only because our club is one of many who has been happy to vote in favour of allocating them the lions' share of the cash every time the option is up for debate.

• Like 4

That's only because our club is one of many who has been happy to vote in favour of allocating them the lions' share of the cash every time the option is up for debate.

This. Rangers and Celtic are not the cause of our problems in Scottish Football. They're the result of our problems in Scottish Foitball.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Robinson is Levien with an Ulster accent. Creativity is not required.

Harsh. We play with strikers.

If you're suggesting we're a physical team that relies on set pieces and crosses into the box then you're probably correct. Invariably our midfield three this season has comprised of three hard working midfielders with creativity such as it is, provided by the wing backs or getting the ball into the front two quickly. Is it working? Results say yes. Is it dreadful to watch? I wouldn't say so. Tait and Cadden have been very good going forward in the wing back roles. It does lead to the question where the likes of Frear, Tanner and Bigirimana fit into our system...

Isn't that what Bigirimana was supposed to bring? Given he didn't make the 18 on Sunday, have to figure that he's down the pecking order...

The comments from Robinson the past few months seem to imply that Bigi isn't consistent enough. Although you could argue he needs more game time to get that consistency.

Of course, given that we are just guessing about players coming and going, it might be nothing to do with him.

Harsh. We play with strikers.

If you're suggesting we're a physical team that relies on set pieces and crosses into the box then you're probably correct. Invariably our midfield three this season has comprised of three hard working midfielders with creativity such as it is, provided by the wing backs or getting the ball into the front two quickly. Is it working? Results say yes. Is it dreadful to watch? I wouldn't say so. Tait and Cadden have been very good going forward in the wing back roles. It does lead to the question where the likes of Frear, Tanner and Bigirimana fit into our system...

Again, just based from comments earlier in the season, I think Frear and Bigi were lined up for regular first team starts and Tanner was going to be favoured ahead of Bowman (who Robinson said came into the pre-season as 4th choice striker).

The problem for all those guys is that we have been picking up points without them. I'd still like to see more of them, though.

• Andy_P locked this topic