The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Richard Gordon's one of the best Scottish pundits. Willie Miller, however...

Richard Gordon is one of the main reasons I've stopped listening much to the BBC. He exudes an air of authority and objectiveness but is quite unable to provide an unbiased informed view of proceedings. I agree though he does have plenty of competition.

I stopped listening to sports Radio programs years ago, I don't even watch Sportcene (if it's still called that) for the highlights and I don't buy newspapers. I watch the Motherwell highlights interviews ect on the club's YouTube channel, I check out Steelmenonline for the gossip and other fans opinions ...and that's it .

• Like 1

Back up keeper for now. I wouldnt drop Griffith for a guy we have just signed, was club less so dont know his fitness or sharpness, would be playing with guys hes just met and have possibly only seen in training once or twice.

Fuckin madness to put him straight in.

Michael Stewart is an absolute arse who hates Well with a passion. He has his own set of rules and is constantly plugging his " if a striker is in the box and he feels contact and goes down it's a penalty" Absolute pish.

Stewart along with "Tommo" are there to act like a comedy act constantly contradicting each other.

Why are they even deemed to be pundits having both reached the lower echelons of mediocrity as players ???

Back on topic from the pundit chat, on current form the January window is going to be massive.

Too many of our supposed strong bench have been found wanting in the absence of a few regular starters.

Griffiths iffy at best, Bigi Fisher and Petra so far less than set the heather alight.

Moults departure is obviously going to hurt us the most and getting his replacement right is imperative to the cause.

Both him and Johnson served us well, earning us a decent wedge on their departures, but now is not the time for another lower league punt.

Whoever comes in is going to need to be proven at this level, as none of our current backups are capable of stepping up to take his place.

Robinson has stated numerous times in his pressers that we have plans in place and targets identified.

I hope this is the case, as although it's not quite panic stations yet, our current slide can't continue

A proven striker at what level? The only way I could see us getting a proven SPL striker is to loan someone who has fallen out of favour, or hasnt fit in with a new club/manager. The reason we just got 500k for a guy whos out of contract soon is that proven scorers are hard to come by.

Our model is to find something in players that other clubs couldnt, so Im pretty sure Moults replacement will come from the same source as he did, or Plymouth. The only other possibility I can think of is an Irish league player or a lower league Scottish player, but that will probably require a fee.

A proven striker at what level? The only way I could see us getting a proven SPL striker is to loan someone who has fallen out of favour, or hasnt fit in with a new club/manager. The reason we just got 500k for a guy whos out of contract soon is that proven scorers are hard to come by.

Our model is to find something in players that other clubs couldnt, so Im pretty sure Moults replacement will come from the same source as he did, or Plymouth. The only other possibility I can think of is an Irish league player or a lower league Scottish player, but that will probably require a fee.

What's the Plymouth connection? Am I missing something really obvious?

please be Lionel please be Lionel please be Lionel

What's the Plymouth connection? Am I missing something really obvious?

please be Lionel please be Lionel please be Lionel

Will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are taking the piss, Ainsworth. Aye right the last thing we need is another anonymous player contributing nothing, we got rid of him and replaced him with Fisher and to be fair it's hard to spot the difference.

Yes, very harsh. Lionel was inconsistent but on his day he could change a game. I'll never forget the two-second silence at Ibrox as his shot rasped delightfully down the knots in the net to make it 1-3 after that great counter attack.

Then he missed a relative sitter to make it 1-4. 'Twas ever thus...

I've tried to be patient with Fisher but just about gave up when he missed from two yards at Dens Park.

Will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are taking the piss, Ainsworth. Aye right the last thing we need is another anonymous player contributing nothing, we got rid of him and replaced him with Fisher and to be fair it's hard to spot the difference.

Aye Alex Fisher is constantly pinging them in from 30 yards right enough.

• Andy_P locked this topic