The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

In robbos Interview he bemoaned having to change how we play, and that weve had to use perceived ball players so that really points to bigi, as theres no one in that team who is perceive as a ball player otherwise.

Haven't seen his interview yet, but if he's complaining about 'having to' use ball players then sounds like he's admitting to being a one dimensional long ball manager. Which may well be true but odd if a manager admits it...
  • Like 1

Haven't seen his interview yet, but if he's complaining about 'having to' use ball players then sounds like he's admitting to being a one dimensional long ball manager. Which may well be true but odd if a manager admits it...

By and large. I enjoy listening to Robinson pre and post match but I fear one or two cracks are starting to appear. In recent weeks he has singled players out, reiterated the point that what happens between both boxes doesnt matter and suggested ball players dont work. This doesnt bode well for the future but hopefully the break has came at a good time for all.

• Like 1

By and large. I enjoy listening to Robinson pre and post match but I fear one or two cracks are starting to appear. In recent weeks he has singled players out, reiterated the point that what happens between both boxes doesnt matter and suggested ball players dont work. This doesnt bode well for the future but hopefully the break has came at a good time for all.

I thought he was just being honest.

First of all he at least recognised that Allan Campbell is the guy that brings the team together and gives us shape and a bit of drive. I wish he'd recognised that for the Final and I wish he'd recognised that over this terrible run when he's had Campbell in and out of the team but at least he's seen it today.

As for misfiring forwards and not winning second balls what is he supposed to say? It's apparent to everyone and he'd said anything else you'd be having a go at him for being delusional.

I think the word 'perceived' was important in the other point. They are perceived ball players, ie, are supposed to be but aren't and that's been there for everyone to see over the last few weeks. So we are stuck with Robinson's retrogressive style.

Robinson is right to say the success came with 'his' style of football but I think the reasons are deeper than just a style. Louis Moult was a huge part of it, and as I've said elsewhere we were a bit lucky in some matches (particular the two home wins against Ross County and Kilmarnock) and had a run of winnable home matches so I don't think even with players coming back from injury and him being able to play the side he really wants to will actually be the answer.

It's an interview where he's basically spelt out what hes all about and you can run with it or not.

Agenda?

We are bottom of the form table and the team in 10th has TWICE as many points as us. We haven't won at Fir Park since September. We've lost 6 consecutive away league matches. We have 1 clean sheet in our last 11 matches.

I'm afraid there's a problem and it's a fact that we are on one of our worst runs this decade.

It's where you finish that's counts and the real league table not the made up form one, so just in case you had forgot we are 8th, 2pts off top 6, and 4 clear of the playoff spot so improvement needed yes but no need for panic yet.

He's about the only one in the full squad who can play a forward pass.

MacLean came on today and played the best through ball of the game and Bowman should have done a lot more with the opportunity. I maybe wrong but it was one of the very few passes played through centrally everything else seemed to be played wide hoping on a cross into the box.

• Like 1

It's where you finish that's counts and the real league table not the made up form one, so just in case you had forgot we are 8th, 2pts off top 6, and 4 clear of the playoff spot so improvement needed yes but no need for panic yet.

True but if you are looking to plan for the future, form has to play a part in the projection.

And it's not as if we are roughly equivalent to other teams at the bottom of the form table, we are miles behind. Partick Thistle have picked up twice as many points as us over the last 10 games and they are third bottom.

Our form is frankly catastrophic. Motherwell now are on the worst run of any team in the division this season. We probably need about 17 points to achieve safety in the league, on current form we would require more than 30 matches to get those points.

It's bad. Oh, and we've lost to Ross County, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle, Hamilton and scrapped a draw at home to Dundee thanks to a penalty. If you're not concerned I salute your indefatigability.

True but if you are looking to plan for the future, form has to play a part in the projection.

And it's not as if we are roughly equivalent to other teams at the bottom of the form table, we are miles behind. Partick Thistle have picked up twice as many points as us over the last 10 games and they are third bottom.

Our form is frankly catastrophic. Motherwell now are on the worst run of any team in the division this season. We probably need about 17 points to achieve safety in the league, on current form we would require more than 30 matches to get those points.

It's bad. Oh, and we've lost to Ross County, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle, Hamilton and scrapped a draw at home to Dundee thanks to a penalty. If you're not concerned I salute your indefatigability.

100%

I noticed a change in mood from the fans after ibrox, the tin lid was put on it today, but they warning signs were there at Firhill.

MacLean came on today and played the best through ball of the game and Bowman should have done a lot more with the opportunity. I maybe wrong but it was one of the very few passes played through centrally everything else seemed to be played wide hoping on a cross into the box.

McLean did more today in his brief cameo than many of his team mates have done combined in December.

So the question is, with all the injuries etc, why has he not featured more?

Well as a self confessed happy clapper I have to say I have serious concerns after today.

When your best player drops a clanger then stupidly gets himself red carded, when the team plays without cohesion, stucture, or belief, and when you sense a change of mood in the crowd its probably just as well we have a break and a transfer window coming up.

Tanner the only shining light today, and McLean looked capable when he came on.

I really don't get the 'its what you do in both boxes' mantra and I must have fallen asleep at times today because I didn't see a string of missed chances. I saw forwards getting very little to work with and a defence given little cover. Tanner apart we have zero creativity. We are not controlling games in the middle of the park and our problems are stemming from there.

Bad bad day and pressure is on Robbo to sort it. For the first time I have doubts he can and I feel terrible for saying that so soon after praising him earlier. I cannot remember such a negative turn round in form in such a short period of time.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

We definitely need cover for right back, so Id expect us to bring in a right sided version of dunne - i.e. can play center back or right back.

I doubt well bring in another central midfielder unless we unexpectedly lose someone. We have more numbers there than any other position, with mchugh, campbell, rose, grimshaw and bigi for central positions and cadden, frear and tanner for attacking/wide positions. Maybe a right sided winger?

Id agree with two forwards being needed, Fisher and bowman are at best bench players for any other team in our division.

Not sure why we would bring in a left back. Dunne is clearly first choice, with Hammell behind him, possibly Plummer and then livingstone in the u20s, and tait who can fill in on the left. On the right it seems we have tait and cadden.

If we return to the back 3, we could probably do better than frear at left wing back.

Heard a few names mentioned today. If true, we could be looking to bring in a centre half, a midfielder and a striker all currently playing with teams in the play-off positions in the championship (Scottish one!)

Heard a few names mentioned today. If true, we could be looking to bring in a centre half, a midfielder and a striker all currently playing with teams in the play-off positions in the championship (Scottish one!)

Interesting, there has been more noise than usual about signings from Scotland. Assuming you are referring to the promotion playoff spots, Craig Halkett would be the name that springs to mind. And we were strongly linked with Keatings in the summer...

Do we have he kind of money to buy players from these teams? Id like the approach if we did start bringing in players from Scottish teams, but unless they are guys not getting games, or maybe out of contract players signing pre-contracts, Im not sure how were going to pull that off.

• Andy_P locked this topic