The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I though Keatings made sense in that he is a player Robinson rates who isnt starting regularly. If others have heard different, fair enough.

Regarding quality, hes not particularly brilliant but superior to Bowman and an unsettled Fisher.

Soccerbase shows Keatings has only scored 3 goals in 19 games this season, so hardly a prolific striker, as far as i know bowman is currently on 5, so why would we be interested in him ?

Soccerbase shows Keatings has only scored 3 goals in 19 games this season, so hardly a prolific striker, as far as i know bowman is currently on 5, so why would we be interested in him ?

I was just working off the previously posted rumour that we are trying to sign a striker from a championship team currently in the playoff spots.

If you are looking to identify targets off stats, the only strikers playing with United, Livi and Dunfermline with more league goals than Bowman are Skippy and Declan McManus.

I was just working off the previously posted rumour that we are trying to sign a striker from a championship team currently in the playoff spots.

If you are looking to identify targets off stats, the only strikers playing with United, Livi and Dunfermline with more league goals than Bowman are Skippy and Declan McManus.

Callum Smith from Dunfermline ?

Declan McManus would keep me in comments all year, starting with his red boots

I would have Skippy back,a bad influence in the dressing room allegedly but he knows where the goals are

Not for me . Watched him play on Friday night . Looked heavy lacked pace . Was miles off it . Need a target man . Somebody who can hold the ball up and be good in the air . All bowman does is run down the channels . Need someone who gets in the box . Also need someone who scores tap ins from knockdowns . So two completely different strikers required . Thats the easy bit . Hard bit is first finding them and second convincing them its a good move . Robinson got his work cut out on this one !!!!!. This next moth will make him or break him. For what its worth Moore and mackin would have scored more than bowman and fisher imo

Craig Halkett being rumoured to be on Motherwell`s radar.

FWIW living in Livingston I have taken in a few matches this season.

Halkett has impressed me . In the Shaun Teale mould he is strong, commanding and bullish. Only 22 he doesn't stand on ceremony so dont expect much in the way of culture or poise.

Concerns [ with small c] is that he aint too fast and that I am only seeing him up against Championship opposition. Add to that is that he may be too alike Hartley re style and no nonsense approach.

Livi fans feel he is the best central defender in the Championship and that if he goes it would scupper their chances of reaching the play offs.

• Like 1

Craig Halkett being rumoured to be on Motherwell`s radar.

FWIW living in Livingston I have taken in a few matches this season.

Halkett has impressed me . In the Shaun Teale mould he is strong, commanding and bullish. Only 22 he doesn't stand on ceremony so dont expect much in the way of culture or poise.

Concerns [ with small c] is that he aint too fast and that I am only seeing him up against Championship opposition. Add to that is that he may be too alike Hartley re style and no nonsense approach.

Livi fans feel he is the best central defender in the Championship and that if he goes it would scupper their chances of reaching the play offs.

Don't know much about Halkett but one of our big problems this season is we have no pace through the middle of the team. When teams get behind us in the 50 - 30 yards out area we have a lot of trouble.

I'd be looking for a centre back that was relatively quick - someone in the Mark Reynolds mould.

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic