The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Interestingly, he cant get much game time in a defence that has Nicky Devlin and Luke Leahy as regular starters. Potentially suggests there isnt much difference between L1 and some of the better Scottish lower league players.

Having said that, while reading up on Walsall I found a pal for Ciftci.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WZZur835hKk

From what I can gather online, Donnellan is a left footed centre back. Played at right back, left back and defesive mid on loan also. Capped at U21 level.

From his youtube videos....I know they don't show the full story....he look decent prospect indeed. Tall, fast, likes a tackle. A lot of boxes being ticked.

Looks right footed to me from the various video clips.

Interestingly, he cant get much game time in a defence that has Nicky Devlin and Luke Leahy as regular starters. Potentially suggests there isnt much difference between L1 and some of the better Scottish lower league players.

Having said that, while reading up on Walsall I found a pal for Ciftci.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WZZur835hKk

Would rip the heed off it if we ever signed Oztumer! He's destined for a far higher level than we will ever be.

If Alan Nixon is tweeting the Aldred link then its likely happening.

Done well with Blackpool in league 2 before a poor spell at Bury in league 1. Seemingly not very good with the ball at his feet so he will be in good company across our backline. Other than that, should be a solid option.

• Like 1

If Alan Nixon is tweeting the Aldred link then its likely happening.

Done well with Blackpool in league 2 before a poor spell at Bury in league 1. Seemingly not very good with the ball at his feet so he will be in good company across our backline. Other than that, should be a solid option.

I thought I recognised the name and it turns out Dundee were linked with him when he was available on a free during the summer. At that point he was also being linked with Blackburn and Wigan before he eventually ended up at Bury.

From having a look around the League 1 forums he seems to be very much in the Hartley mould. The gist seems to be that he's limited with the ball at his feet but he's a natural captain and leader.

He was player of the year at Accrington Stanley in League 2 and also at Blackpool when they were promoted to League 1 last season.

He played with Dunne at Blackpool and Bowman at Carlisle.

You'll find some footage of him chucking himself into tackles, winning headers and making blocks here:

Also, going by his Instagram he's also an absolute unit. So that's nice.

The Sun have obviously been keeping an eye on this thread.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2093108/motherwell-stephen-robinson-inverness-blackpool-tom-aldred/

WELL SWOOP Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson lines up move for former Inverness and Blackpool defender Tom Aldred

The 27-year-old has represented Scotland at youth level and made four appearances for the Highland side during Terry Butcher's time in charge

EXCLUSIVE
By Kenny MacDonald
14th January 2018, 11:38 pm

MOTHERWELL want to bring former Scotland youth international Tom Aldred back north.

The 6ft 2in central defender will be allowed to leave League One Bury just six months after joining them from Blackpool.

nintchdbpict000254898625-e1515972916283.

GETTY IMAGES - GETTY
Aldred during his time at Blackpool

Aldred previously came north from Watford in 2011 for a proposed six-month loan deal at Inverness Caley Thistle.

But he lasted just four games under Caley boss Terry Butcher, who cut short the arrangement after a month after Aldred conceded a penalty in a 2-0 home defeat against Rangers.

He was dropped and sent to play for a Caley second string side in a North of Scotland Cup tie.

Aldred, 27, went on to make more than 100 appearances for both Accrington Stanley and Blackpool.

I'm reminded of an image of Kevin McBride that did the rounds. Massive schlong.

There was 1 of Lee McCulloch as well. I mind my (now ex) Mrs's best mate who would come to games with me kept going on about it and how his boaby was huge lol

• Andy_P locked this topic