The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Competition for places but I would go for in hearts game

Carson

Kipre Hartley aldred

Cadds. Campbell McHugh Tait

Tanner

Main Ciftci

Probably correct but due to Cadds recent injuries Id bench him and play Dunne LWB as hes really came into a game after the break, hes been in good form so would be unfair on him

I too favour this -

Carson

Kipre Hartley Aldred
Cadds. Campbell McHugh Tait
Tanner
Main Ciftci

Aldred put in a good shift on Wednesday - similar to Hartley. Could the two of them support Kipre to cut out some of his immature decisions? Tait is needed for his passing and crossing.

Hearts recent performances are built around not conceding goals. Apparently they scored three against Accies through opposition errors. Cadden will probably have a more defensive role which will put our creative responsibilities on to the front three. One omission from this line up is Rose, who normally commands a start.

Finally, who does SR bring on for tiring Main and Ciftci? Newell appears to be SR's choice but is injured. Sid offered sweet FA on Wednesday and Bowman/Fisher see persona non gratis now. Although he is not a forward, Mclean ran at the Ross Co defence - offered more of a threat than Sid.

I think Dunne will keep his spot his pace does get us out of a lot of trouble. I have a feeling that it's Kilpre who will get dropped. My worry is that Aldred might be slower than Kilpre and might get exposed for pace against trickier opposition but he looks like a good no nonsense tough lad.

Finally, who does SR bring on for tiring Main and Ciftci? Newell appears to be SR's choice but is injured. Sid offered sweet FA on Wednesday and Bowman/Fisher see persona non gratis now. Although he is not a forward, Mclean ran at the Ross Co defence - offered more of a threat than Sid.

Thats the big question for me. Tanner is not an out and out striker, neither is MacLean; and Sid is a winger.

Regarding Fisher, I must say I'm torn on whether I'm critical that Robinson punted a guy he gave a two year deal to without ever starting him twice in a row, or pleased he quickly noticed a mistake, held his hands up and rectified it. I can't decide if getting rid of him reflects well on Robinson or not, as much as I don't think keeping him would've made any significant difference to our season.

I guess when you sign such a volume of players you can't expect a 100% hit rate, but I don't think I would categorise Griffiths, Plummer, Grimshaw or Petravicius particularly as "hits" either.

Griffiths has been adequate as a back up keeper

I'm not so sure, it's obviously hard to attract a backup keeper based on the fact that a fit Carson definitely plays, but Griffiths has been directly at fault for 3 goals in his 3.5 games so far. Two of them (Partick and Killie) quite costly. I don't think the one against St. Johnstone would have had any effect on the result given the 8 men thing.

Regarding Fisher, I must say I'm torn on whether I'm critical that Robinson punted a guy he gave a two year deal to without ever starting him twice in a row, or pleased he quickly noticed a mistake, held his hands up and rectified it. I can't decide if getting rid of him reflects well on Robinson or not, as much as I don't think keeping him would've made any significant difference to our season.

I guess when you sign such a volume of players you can't expect a 100% hit rate, but I don't think I would categorise Griffiths, Plummer, Grimshaw or Petravicius particularly as "hits" either.

I think you actually answer your own Q.

It is not just the volume of players but the commercial options available to a club like Motherwell. Let’s face it we are operating in the football equivalent of Poundland. On that basis I would expect more misses than hits.

In fact I would say that Robinson and our scout(s) have done a very good job with the 2nd lowest wages in the top flight. To get us to a final and top 6 given the turnover of players is almost miraculous.

Good luck to Fisher. I was not unhappy when he joined as a striking option but has not worked out. Not to say it won’t at Yeovil if that is where he ends up. I keep mentioning that Northampton let Moult go not long before he joined us. Main, Aldred and Ciftci were all P1ss poor according to their ex club fans. So far they have all done Ok in the last 2 games. Some players fit certain clubs / Managers / Atmospheres etc.

• Like 1

Would be bizzare if he couldnt score in 19 games for us if he then goes and scores against Man Utd

Well I wouldn't put your £5 on him scoring but then again I think the odds for him scoring and a wee wager on it the winnings would get you a nice holiday for a year somewhere

So what your saying here is our manager hasn't got an eye for a player ,just say it as it is

Those are good points.

For me, you need to give a player 60/70 minutes for 6, 7, 8 games in order to give him a chance and see what he can do. Fisher never got that.

Im not saying he wouldve been a prolific scorer but Im not sure we used him right or gave him a chance.

• Andy_P locked this topic