The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Either way, we hold all the cards given the contract situation and the fact we have no need to sell.

This - plus the horrible bastards would loan/sell him for double what they gave us at some point whatever they paid us.

Are Hartlepool run by idiots? They've sold Carson for a pittance and potentially talked themselves out of a decent fee by inserting such a high percentage that we have no incentive to sell him. I'm sure they'd prefer 20% of £500k than 40% of nothing.

• Like 1

Celtic fans on Kerrydale Street forum letting everybody know they don't want a *h*n * shit keeper and are now punting Ward from Liverpool or Hart from West Ham. Delusional or what ????

They live on a different planet metaphorically speaking. I wish they did actually live on another planet....

Carson would be a great keeper for anyone inc that mob. I agree with poster above in that they would probably sell him for £1.5m next season or something ridiculous.

Clearly Carson is going nowhere or at least not to Celtic. Would be hilarious (although concerning for us) if we sold him to another team for £750k this window. Bottom line is I hope this does not affect him or his performances for the rest of the season.

Are Hartlepool run by idiots? They've sold Carson for a pittance and potentially talked themselves out of a decent fee by inserting such a high percentage that we have no incentive to sell him. I'm sure they'd prefer 20% of £500k than 40% of nothing.

I would guess Burrows offered the sell on thinking that it would never be used.

Given the fee we received for Randolph (hee haw), a sell on for Carson was a smart move to get a sweet deal.

We either get 3 years from a top keeper for 10k, or make a small profit from a transfer. Like Moult before him, even if he runs out his contract, it was still a good signing.

• Like 2

It's should be payback time, over the years Celtic have "stolen" a number of our better players going back to Joe McBride ,Dixie Deans ,Brian McClair , Stephen Pearson , Uncle Phil . Be really disappointed if we allow Carson to leave at this late date but if we do a replacement better be in place and a huge transfer fee from the great unwashed paid ,

The £1.75 million we got from Celtic for O,Donnell was a brilliant bit of business for a young unproven player as he was at that time.

Why would we get any fee for Randolph when we loaned him?

Given the fee we received for Randolph (hee haw), a sell on for Carson was a smart move to get a sweet deal.

We either get 3 years from a top keeper for 10k, or make a small profit from a transfer. Like Moult before him, even if he runs out his contract, it was still a good signing.

See Dundee are apparently in for Simon Murray from Hibs, been impressed by him since his move, quite surprised Hibs are letting him go.

He would be a great option up front for us if Hibs are letting him go for next to nothing. Suspect he would command a fee of some sort but didn't think Dundee were still flush with cash. Hopefully some news of some sort of forward will be on the way soon, would be surprised if we did business late tonight with the game being on. Really pleased with the Hendrie move.

EDIT; apparently some sort of part x deal

Why?

Either we offered it or they did. Given that Burrows loves a contract clause - Moore, McDonald, Lasley, Dunne - it could well have been us. Hartlepool don't seem competent enough to negotiate something like that.

Why?, He is working to our business model. He is not going to buy a player like that with absolutely no sell on value that's why the whole system has been set up. We buy or sign up frees who have some potential to sell on or have you been hiding under a rock since Robinson came in. This is especially true when we actually pay cash for a player up front, its an investment. We dont buy him in the hope not to sell him on thats business suicide. You slate Burrows then Hartlepool, you must be a right good businessman as you seem to know how shit everyone else is

Why?, He is working to our business model. He is not going to buy a player like that with absolutely no sell on value that's why the whole system has been set up. We buy or sign up frees who have some potential to sell on or have you been hiding under a rock since Robinson came in. This is especially true when we actually pay cash for a player up front, its an investment. We dont buy him in the hope not to sell him on thats business suicide. You slate Burrows then Hartlepool, you must be a right good businessman as you seem to know how shit everyone else is

I think we occasionally sign players who are actually meant to go into the team and play for the duration of their contracts eg McHugh, Main, Tanner, Hartley, Tait.

See Dundee are apparently in for Simon Murray from Hibs, been impressed by him since his move, quite surprised Hibs are letting him go.

Surely not? It was just a few days ago that Neil McCann did a Walter Smith and categorically denied that he would be signing any strikers.

Apart from Carson& Kipre wouldn't bet on any other player Robinson signed making us money where is our business model there

The 40% sell on fee makes a transfer impossible unless it's seven figures.

Burrows loves a contract clause.

Bollocks, so for arguments sake we bend over and take the 500k allegedly now on offer from Celtic, we give Hartlepool their wedge i.e 200k and we pocket the other 300k so a nice 290k profit. So when we have paid next to nothing for a player any transfer fee makes us a profit, but obviously we want the most we can get.

I think we occasionally sign players who are actually meant to go into the team and play for the duration of their contracts eg McHugh, Main, Tanner, Hartley, Tait.

They will all be sold when and if the right bid comes in, Every single one. especially Main and Hartley and Tanner

• Andy_P locked this topic