The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Overall I'm happy at the result of the transfer window but am very concerned about our strikers. As it stands, we are unable to field 2 first pick strikers for 90 minutes. It looks like Bowman will be out for 5/6 weeks minimum and its not beyond the bounds of possibility that either Ciftci or Main could get injured or suspended. I know though that we lost out on one at the death today and these things do happen. Maybe Robbo can procure a free agent now that the window has slammed shut.

Disappointing the striker fell through.

Main seems to be able to hit the net, Ciftci should hopefully come on to a game and Bowman done well early part of season. So would be good to get supply back fit(Cadden and Frear).

Would all allow Tanner to play the 'Trequartista' role again.

Not overly concerned, as keeper and back line, on paper anyway,looks good enough.

I think its now becoming clear that our midfield needs a revamp in the summer. On paper we're not short of bodies but the mix seems to be wrong. We're badly short of width, especially with Frear being out, and of pace especially in the middle. I had hoped for example, that our seemingly defensive and combative midfield would have kept Hibs at bay last night but that certainly wasn't the case. I was particulalrly interested this month to see if a midfielder or two would move out given comments on these forums a few weeks ago but this simply hasn't happened.

Still we're only a short way along the path of rebuilding and its only natural that more changes will follow.

Hes an utter scumbag from a scumbag family, a liability and a waste of talent.

Ill post my true feelings later!

My post on Stokes was largely tongue in cheek, but seeing as you seem to be in the know - what exactly has Stokes done to get him sacked by Hibs?

My post on Stokes was largely tongue in cheek, but seeing as you seem to be in the know - what exactly has Stokes done to get him sacked by Hibs?

From what I heard apparently he has a gambling problem and owed the Hibs players a load of dough that was causing problems in the dressing room. No idea if thats the reason hes been binned or not but is probably one of the contributing factors.

I think its now becoming clear that our midfield needs a revamp in the summer. On paper we're not short of bodies but the mix seems to be wrong. We're badly short of width, especially with Frear being out, and of pace especially in the middle.

Yeah, the one thing that I find surprising still is that given Robinson's preferred approach of getting the ball wide and getting crosses into the box, we don't seem to have a lot of viable options in wide areas, especially on the left-hand side. Perhaps a symptom of the system we've been playing, in that our wide players are receiving the ball too far back to be as effective in attack, but I'd certainly like to see more of our players attempting to get in behind the full-backs and get the ball across, much like Rose did in the County match that led to the own goal (incidentally by completely crossing over to the opposite side of the pitch from where he was playing).

As you say though, we're only starting along the rebuilding path. A long way still to go. It certainly feels like we're generally more solid than last season defensively, which has obviously been the priority. Fingers crossed Robinson is able to build more in the summer and add to our attacking options with a base upon which to build.

• Like 1

I think its now becoming clear that our midfield needs a revamp in the summer. On paper we're not short of bodies but the mix seems to be wrong. We're badly short of width, especially with Frear being out, and of pace especially in the middle. I had hoped for example, that our seemingly defensive and combative midfield would have kept Hibs at bay last night but that certainly wasn't the case. I was particulalrly interested this month to see if a midfielder or two would move out given comments on these forums a few weeks ago but this simply hasn't happened.

Still we're only a short way along the path of rebuilding and its only natural that more changes will follow.

Combative midfield keeping Hibs at bay? They certainly never got the free run that many on here seem to think they did... Just watched the after match interview & Mr Robinson sums the game up perfectly for me and likely many others.

From what I heard apparently he has a gambling problem and owed the Hibs players a load of dough that was causing problems in the dressing room. No idea if thats the reason hes been binned or not but is probably one of the contributing factors.

Heard the same problems from a player at Celtic, shame . Guy needs help. Waste of a talent if that curtails his career

• Like 1

My preferred starting 11 for the majority of games would be;

Carson

Aldred Hartley Kipre

Cadden Frear

Campbell McHugh Tanner

Nadir Main

Big fan of what Robinson has done for us so far, in many respects he's worked miracles. Even if you look at the sellable assets we have in the team now you can see that we're in a far far better place than we have been in recent years.

Unfortunately his propensity to try and shitfest games until the 60th is in my opinion not only flawed but pretty brutal to watch. His reliance on this tactic is in my opinion costing us points here and there and I do have concern about his blinkered approach. Still overall very pleased with the work he has done so far, we've been to a cup final and are in the mix for a top 6 place- anyone who would have turned that down at the start of the season would be mental.

• Like 2

Heard the same problems from a player at Celtic, shame . Guy needs help. Waste of a talent if that curtails his career

Very much so, he has to allow himself to be helped though unfortunately. Past experience would suggest that this isn't likely.

Still his bird is absolutely stunning, so he always has that.

Rumour gathering pace in the 'Big Smoke' - that he got caught doing "Charlie" on Hivs Winter training camp.

Rumour gathering pace in the 'Big Smoke' - that he got caught doing "Charlie" on Hivs Winter training camp.

Heard a few rumours of this sort from the Hibees in my work. Some local ladies being caught in players rooms etc also.

He got binned for repeatedly getting pished and breaking curfew on their winter camp. The last night he was minced and went into 2 of the young players rooms and let the fire extinguishers off, wrecking the rooms.

My preferred starting 11 for the majority of games would be;

Carson

Aldred Hartley Kipre

Cadden Frear

Campbell McHugh Tanner

Nadir Main

Big fan of what Robinson has done for us so far, in many respects he's worked miracles. Even if you look at the sellable assets we have in the team now you can see that we're in a far far better place than we have been in recent years.

Unfortunately his propensity to try and shitfest games until the 60th is in my opinion not only flawed but pretty brutal to watch. His reliance on this tactic is in my opinion costing us points here and there and I do have concern about his blinkered approach. Still overall very pleased with the work he has done so far, we've been to a cup final and are in the mix for a top 6 place- anyone who would have turned that down at the start of the season would be mental.

Dropping Tait your off your nut, what do Cadden and Frear do that Tait doesnt, he probably has our most assists this season and is up and down all game and can defend far better than both and can get stuck in.
  • Like 2

• Andy_P locked this topic