The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

40 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Given how much Robinson made of signing the right character of player and how disruptive Miller seems to have been at Rangers, it would seem unlikely. Unless the perception behind the scenes in football is that Miller's gripes were justified..

Ciftci came with a similar reputation and he seems to have settled into the dressing room. 

Aside from this incident, has Miller got previous?

Either way, he still seems like a decent striker - 14 goals last year. I'm not sure he's got the energy up top to fit into our game though. 

Often people are misconstrued. He's is obviously competitive and wants to win. I think when Pedro was given the P45, it was only a few weeks before he castigated Miller and demoted him to the U20's training (I may be incorrect here).

No doubt because he told him and a few of the other duds they weren't performing. Safe to say it happened again with Murty after that embarrassment in the semi. Maybe just me but I think that's a quality rather than a stick to beat him.

Difference in our dressing room is it's cohesive and you think that most would give that extra 1% not to let anyone else down. It would have been interesting to see how Ainsworth would have adapted.

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

He fits in by virtue of being miles better than 5 of the 7 strikers we have used this season.

If you need a goal do you bring on Miller or George Newell? He would be a luxury on our budget but he would be a step up on what we have.

You bring on whatever new strikers we sign in the summer. The ones that are younger, fitter, faster and like Moult and Main will bring in a transfer fee. 

Why would invest our hard cash in a 38 year old (39 in December) when we could bring in another Curtis Main for half the price?

As for goals, Bowman 8 in 37 and Miller 5 in 23 both have a strike rate of one goal every 4.6 games this season. 

We definitely need new strikers - so let's get some new ones.

• Like 2

That's great - but he won't be playing for us 4 years ago. 

McManus was holding our defence together in 2014 - do you fancy him making a comeback to replace Kipre? (And he's 3 years younger than Miller).

When you're 38, it's recent form that counts because in sporting terms that's old. Form can dip pretty quickly at that age - and you don't see it coming.

This isn't a defence of Bowman. Like I said in earlier posts, I'm 100% in favour of bringing in a couple of new strikers. I don't want us to bring in high earning 38/39 year olds with no sell-on value, though. It's taken Robinson a season to ditch the ones we had. 

There's more Curtis Mains out there - let's invest in those instead of investing in the past. 

• Like 2

James McKeown (Grisby) lined up to replace outgoing Carson
Interesting...similar profile in many ways. Been at Grimsby 7 years, 299 games, player of year twice, also winning experience in Wembley play off final.Out of contract June. Age 28. Grimsby for 7 years doesn't sound exciting but then neither did Hartlepool!!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Has Lawwell upped his offer to 2 empty ginger bottles and a lottery ticket? (UK one, not EuroMillions)

Not really. Only one is a full sized ginger bottle.  He wasn't prepared to offer two full sized ones.

9 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Has Lawwell upped his offer to 2 empty ginger bottles and a lottery ticket? (UK one, not EuroMillions)

He won't go to the Green ugly sister, his dad would have a meltdown, but there is chat about the blue ugly sister looking for a new keeper, so maybe he's off there, will Stevie G  want him ?:lol:

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

He won't go to the Green ugly sister, his dad would have a meltdown, but there is chat about the blue ugly sister looking for a new keeper, so maybe he's off there, will Stevie G  want him ?:lol:

h**s apparently re signing MacGregor from Hull ........according to Orc chum ........also Arfield from Burnley

• Andy_P locked this topic