The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

1 minute ago, superward said:

Talk of Cardiff a month ago (albeit with a misquoted price).

He'll have plenty suitors

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I hope you're right.

I'm still amazed nobody wanted to buy Randolph, though.

It seems that we are interested in two of Stranraer's young lads, who are coming on trial.   Article below from Stranraer's website  

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1162-elliott-scott-motherwell

We also played an under bounce game against Partick yesterday with some trialists I believe - maybe these 2 lads?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

It seems that we are interested in two of Stranraer's young lads, who are coming on trial.   Article below from Stranraer's website  

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1162-elliott-scott-motherwell

We also played an under bounce game against Partick yesterday with some trialists I believe - maybe these 2 lads?

Craigan spoke about the trialists for the u20s & the bounce game in his interview post-match the other day (2min 31).

From the BBC gossip page

Peterborough United boss Steve Evans says a Scottish club is interested in striker Jack Marriot, who has scored 33 goals for the League One side this season. (Daily Express, print edition)

Anybody heard any rumours in case it's us

8 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

From the BBC gossip page

Peterborough United boss Steve Evans says a Scottish club is interested in striker Jack Marriot, who has scored 33 goals for the League One side this season. (Daily Express, print edition)

Anybody heard any rumours in case it's us

He s valued in the region of £4,000,000 I believe. So it won't be us 

The 26-year-old - who is ineligible against his parent club in the Scottish Cup final - still has a year left on his Parkhead deal but is not in Brendan Rodgers' plans.

Robinson, though, still believes a permanent move to Fir Park is unlikely given his wages.

"When Nadir plays like that he is unplayable," said Robinson, whose team finished seventh in the top flight. "He is a special talent but he's not fit.

"If he got fit and we got him fit then he could do that week in, week out.

"But he's a super boy. People told me not to sign him, people tried to put me off him as a character, and I can refute that completely.

"He has been great around the club."

When asked about the prospect of re-signing him, Robinson said: "We can maybe look at it, but the financial gap with what we could pay him would maybe make that extremely difficult.

"But he's a boy I have so much time for and a lot of respect for. With Nadir's quality, we were able to rest the two boys up front (Ryan Bowman and Curtis Main) who had little niggles.

Short version. Bolt fatso.

It will be interesting to see who we will release this summer, suspect McLean, Petravicous, Plumber, Hendrie will not be offered another contract. 

Nadir is a difficult one, although it is unlikely we will have him next season, I don't think there will be many teams that would be patient enough for him to come up with a good performance as today,  there is no doubt there is a good player (on and off the ball) in there, but not many teams will have the patience to put up with his mediocre performances that he is good at coming up with. ( Plymouth certainly never gave him the chance) Personally under SR and his coaching staff once totally fit I am sure he would be a better player, but he is not getting a regular game he will disappear from the radar completely.

8 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

It will be interesting to see who we will release this summer, suspect McLean, Petravicous, Plumber, Hendrie will not be offered another contract. 

Nadir is a difficult one, although it is unlikely we will have him next season, I don't think there will be many teams that would be patient enough for him to come up with a good performance as today,  there is no doubt there is a good player (on and off the ball) in there, but not many teams will have the patience to put up with his mediocre performances that he is good at coming up with. ( Plymouth certainly never gave him the chance) Personally under SR and his coaching staff once totally fit I am sure he would be a better player, but he is not getting a regular game he will disappear from the radar completely.

Can’t see him staying in Scotland, probably end up playing somewhere like a Turkey. It’s a shame because he has undoubted ability but he’s simply not up to a level of fitness that’s acceptable for this league and I don’t think he ever will be. 

It's up to Nadir, I'd say and how much he wants to actually be a football player.  I think if he did take a drop in money and get fit with us over the close season he would be a very good player and get himself a good move.  I don't think he will have a better chance to do that than with us, so perhaps he will work that out for himself ?  I think he would be worth a punt if he  settled for the reduced money and made a commitment to buckle down and get fit. I also think Robinson would take that risk.

42 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

It's up to Nadir, I'd say and how much he wants to actually be a football player.  I think if he did take a drop in money and get fit with us over the close season he would be a very good player and get himself a good move.  I don't think he will have a better chance to do that than with us, so perhaps he will work that out for himself ?  I think he would be worth a punt if he  settled for the reduced money and made a commitment to buckle down and get fit. I also think Robinson would take that risk.

Would he ever really  fit into our style of high tempo, in your face football though. To me the game just passes him by most of the time and with Main as our focus up front Bowman just works better. Pretty much the same way Biggi is never going to work in midfield.

24 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Would he ever really  fit into our style of high tempo, in your face football though. To me the game just passes him by most of the time and with Main as our focus up front Bowman just works better. Pretty much the same way Biggi is never going to work in midfield.

Nah - he would struggle the same way guys like Higdon would struggle to adapt; just not their style. If we changed our approach, he might be a good signing, but I doubt that's the direction Robinson is taking our team. He's a guy that needs a team mate with a bit of guile and football in him, and that last guy we had with that was probably Nicky Law.

• Andy_P locked this topic