The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

1 hour ago, andrewmccallum375 said:

When Patrick thistle get relegated would anyone give Blair spittal a shout?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I would not give any Thistle player a shout, not one of them is good enough for us.

6 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Care to expand?

If he's referring to Carson's tweets earlier, the first one sounds like a "goodbye". But it was continued immediately in a part 2 where he says "Nice rest and then we go again".

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If he's referring to Carson's tweets earlier, the first one sounds like a "goodbye". But it was continued immediately in a part 2 where he says "Nice rest and then we go again".

Indeed. Not a fan of twitter and social media for players , it simply causes more problems than it is worth imho, but that was a nice message from Trevor Carson.

If and when he moves on to bigger and better things, it will be very well deserved. He has been nothing short of magnificent for us.

30 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Think there is little doubt that Carson and Kipre will move on. Suspect there may be interest in Dunne too. 

As for our rebuild, I hope we can find a way to incorporate a Bigirimana style player. 

The way to incorporate it is to not play 3 centre midfield players that are similar in style. Bigi should have played a lot more this season than what he did in my opinion. We have 3 defensive minded midfield players that can play alongside him

It's amazing what 30 minutes of purple against a team shifting down into third gear does for someone's standing.

He was one of the first signings made and came with a lot of expectation. I had high hopes as did many as what he would bring. He hasn't featured either due to other players fitting Robinsons mould/style better or he hasn't done enough in his limited chances/training to justify a start. I think if he was bringing the goods week in week out like Campbell, Carson or Main there would be no debate.

I take no joy in his indifferent first season and I'm sure he hoped for more too, but being a glimmer of sunshine in a overcast day does not justify the new love/lets look at him again chat. 8 or 9 players in the current squad have had extensions or renewals before today ..... maybe consider that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dossertillidie said:

The way to incorporate it is to not play 3 centre midfield players that are similar in style. Bigi should have played a lot more this season than what he did in my opinion. We have 3 defensive minded midfield players that can play alongside him

Agreed. Hopefully he'll be around and more involved next season. Or someone like him. We need somebody that can find a pass that doesn't involve lumping up the channels. 

4 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

It's amazing what 30 minutes of purple against a team shifting down into third gear does for someone's standing.

He was one of the first signings made and came with a lot of expectation. I had high hopes as did many as what he would bring. He hasn't featured either due to other players fitting Robinsons mould/style better or he hasn't done enough in his limited chances/training to justify a start. I think if he was bringing the goods week in week out like Campbell, Carson or Main there would be no debate.

I take no joy in his indifferent first season and I'm sure he hoped for more too, but being a glimmer of sunshine in a overcast day does not justify the new love/lets look at him again chat. 8 or 9 players in the current squad have had extensions or renewals before today ..... maybe consider that.

Guys like Grimshaw only started bringning the goods after a consistent run of starts. I've heard Robinson talk about how good Bigi performs in training, but there's not doubt he hasn't been a good fit for this season's preferred style. The style we played against Accies suited him (and guys like Turnbull and Ciftci) much better, and it's no surprise their performances reflected that.

I appreciate that and Grimshaw's stock went  up significantly in the semi against Aberdeen when it had been mixed before. To be fair with him too we had seen that a run in the team was needed as before he left for PNE it was seen as a bit of a loss when only a month to 6 weeks earlier he was mediocre.

The big dilemma for me is McHugh, pulled at 60 minutes as club captain, no doubt has many of the qualities needed but there's definitely 1 or maybe 2 midfielders who have been consistently better this season. The armband has undoubtedly given him more game time than he deserved.

2 minutes ago, gullane said:

Should we close this thread now and start an In and Outs 18/19?  That's the season ended now and I don't see a need for another great rebuild.

I’d agree with that. And a couple of days to draw breath. I hope that is what the club is doing.

• Andy_P locked this topic