The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Do Rangers havethecash to meet our asking price? Hopefully their supposed interest will highlight his availability to other clubs who will offer us a decent amount of cash. We will almost certainly have to part company with Moult this summer, but can scarcely see a cut price deal with them being in anyone's best interests.

I'm sure our management team will already know this, but any sale to Rangers should be on a 'cash with order' basis.

That would be enough to put an end to that piece of business.

WS fundraising idea #254:

eBay auction for the chance to sit in Flow's office and tell Dave King "Sorry, your credit is no good here" when he phones up looking to make a deal.

If you choose to double your donation you will be allowed to follow up with "you clowns paid £12m for Tore Andre Flo, going by that, Louis is worth 20 ..... and cash only".

• Like 1

I see Gillingham have released a statement late last night saying the guy Rory Donnelly who we were linked with yesterday has been suspended by the club until further notice. Doesn't go into any more detail than that.

Just looking at some Gillingham forums, this page has one post about his missus apparently saying they were moving on Twitter as well as possible reasons for suspension.

http://www.gillingham.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6610&posts=9#M47581

Others are forums are suggesting the club is being ran like a non league outfit, not happy with the board.

Saw another post suggesting he wouldn't be a big loss.

However there game tomorrow is the last game of their season, so seems daft suspending him unless they are peeved that he won't be there next season and don't want the manager to select him for the final game.

Thought I'd put it in this thread aswell as it seems to have more to do with this sorry, Things need to change and quickly, if we stay up we need a big rebuilding season, GK is a must loan or not I don't care cos they do seem to be decent for us I don't care if it's only a season n people moans if he's good then that's all I want, LB is a position that needs to be filled, 2 CM's, possibly 2 or even 3 strikers depending on if both moult and McDonald leave, get boys like McLean, Campbell and Hastie in, 1 or 2 decent CB's would be nice, is that enough to ask for or am I dreaming? Much change is needed at the club !!!!

After today's game everyone knows that a major rebuild is required, but it will depend on what division we will be in next season, if we end up in Championship it will be youth, but even if we stay in the premiership I cannot see any major improvement unless we get some major investment and don't see anyone coming along in the immediate future.

Unfortunately it is all doom and gloom, as far as I can see

The teams that finished "best of the rest" were built during an era where we wouldn't even pay transfer fees, so I'm not convinced it's major investment that will fix things.

We rode our luck in that era too in with respect to injuries and suspensions, and along with poor form, that his hurt us again this season.

It's a black art siging players that are going to gel and get the best from each other. Even the big EPL teams struggle with that.

I think I heard that financially we could maintain the same budget for one year if we were relegated, but let's hope we don't test that theory.

• Like 1

The clear out in the summer needs to be extensive and wide reaching and if we're relegated should include the manager (especially as the post split fixtures couldn't have been better if we'd hand picked them ourselves!) and the people who appointed the previous 2 as well.

• Like 2

• Andy_P locked this topic