The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

A whole bunch of our players are out of contract in the summer, many of whom are high earners, and moult is likely to be sold. The rebuild is inevitable. I assume that if we go down we'll keep on the older players who are probably done if we stay up.

Following weeks of long ball guff that comprises of 3 strikers and 2 wingers playing out of position for large spells, I have absolutely no confidence in Robinson's ability to build a squad that is worth watching.

I'd even settle for a manager that get us playing effective football. At our level its unlikely that we'll get a manager who can get results and play attractive football. However, although he's only been in post for amonth or two I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that Stephen Robinson can do neither. OK he's inherited a lot of deadwood and I don't blame him for that but he's in no way getting the best from what he has. Too many players are needlessly being deployed out of position and being asked to do jobs for which they are just not suited.

• Like 1

I'd even settle for a manager that get us playing effective football. At our level its unlikely that we'll get a manager who can get results and play attractive football. However, although he's only been in post for amonth or two I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that Stephen Robinson can do neither. OK he's inherited a lot of deadwood and I don't blame him for that but he's in no way getting the best from what he has. Too many players are needlessly being deployed out of position and being asked to do jobs for which they are just not suited.

Effort

Concentration

Decision making

These are down to the players, not the manager.

Any formation will fail without these.

It's not his team talks that will turn things round sadly, just the cold reality of the shit we are in

We've been on a downward spiral for a while now and it's now looking likely we will go down. You've just got to hope any team in the playoffs are of poorer quality. However, I doubt that!

Top end strikers with little to feed on and defensive frailties that get exposed week after week.

The midfield has been known for the past few years!

Now formation set ups! OMG!

Training ground drills for 2 weeks that result in shambolic performances like yesterday.

A back to basics 4-4-2 would have easily seen off Dundee yesterday. A team so low in confidence!

The inexperience at the club reflects from top down.

The result of a catalogue of appointments has eventually found us out!

FuKin depressing!

The teams that finished "best of the rest" were built during an era where we wouldn't even pay transfer fees, so I'm not convinced it's major investment that will fix things.

No not big transfer fees but we were in the top 5 in the league when it came to salary budget, when you remove Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen at the time that leaves only one Edinburgh club.

Everything is you wrote is on the money however.

We've been on a downward spiral for a while now and it's now looking likely we will go down. You've just got to hope any team in the playoffs are of poorer quality. However, I doubt that!

Even if we go into the play offs I think we should be beating anyone we face.

The wheels have well and truly come off Morton (no wins in 7), Dundee Utd are garbage and this seasons Falkirk team is significantly poorer than last years team who were quite comfortably put to the sword by Kilmarnock in the play off.

While every week I read stuff where Frear is getting above average marks plus his commitment and workrate is well in advance of many of his peers, I repeatedly think that we have a player in Dom Thomas who could be doing a similar job and the scouting that brought Frear would have been better spent looking at Defensive cover.

• Like 1

While every week I read stuff where Frear is getting above average marks plus his commitment and workrate is well in advance of many of his peers, I repeatedly think that we have a player in Dom Thomas who could be doing a similar job and the scouting that brought Frear would have been better spent looking at Defensive cover.

That's a good point but I think if we can have the both of them left and right we can terrorise defences, get Dom out right and Frear left, move cadden in one with mchugh next to him and Campbell as cover or pushing for a start but I see your point as our defence is pish but McGhee gave him no confidence and he needed that belief back but he's well worth a start next season

I really hope to god we aren't actually in for Rory Donnelly. I've got several mates who are Gills fans and they all dislike the bloke. Apparently his attitude is questionable (a bit of a big time Charlie) and is often anonymous.

I've watched gillingham three times this season and with the exception of Bradley Dack and Cody McDonald, there is no one in their squad that I'd want Motherwell to touch with a barge poll. Apparently their most expensive squad of all time, they really are bad.

With regards the mess Motherwell are in, unless the business model changes (which will require increased budget, so won't happen), relegation is absolutely inevitable within the next few years. I am a self confessed happy clapper but to budget for 10th with a small squad in such a fiercely contested league (at the bottom at least) is quite simply putting our limited resource on red and spinning the wheel.

Robinson seems like a good bloke with a good attitude but he's done nothing so far to convince me that our future has any promise with him in charge.

I'm sad to say, with every week that passes, as I take my boy to the valley, the less and less I think about Motherwell.

Am I the only one who feels less emotion about the dire league position we are currently in than I did this time two years ago?

I'm a big fan of Thomas and can't wait to see what he's like coming back from Queen of the South, however at this stage Frear is by far the more effective and accomplished player.

Two completely different types of players as well.

I really hope to god we aren't actually in for Rory Donnelly. I've got several mates who are Gills fans and they all dislike the bloke. Apparently his attitude is questionable (a bit of a big time Charlie) and is often anonymous.

I've watched gillingham three times this season and with the exception of Bradley Dack and Cody McDonald, there is no one in their squad that I'd want Motherwell to touch with a barge poll. Apparently their most expensive squad of all time, they really are bad.

With regards the mess Motherwell are in, unless the business model changes (which will require increased budget, so won't happen), relegation is absolutely inevitable within the next few years. I am a self confessed happy clapper but to budget for 10th with a small squad in such a fiercely contested league (at the bottom at least) is quite simply putting our limited resource on red and spinning the wheel.

Robinson seems like a good bloke with a good attitude but he's done nothing so far to convince me that our future has any promise with him in charge.

I'm sad to say, with every week that passes, as I take my boy to the valley, the less and less I think about Motherwell.

Am I the only one who feels less emotion about the dire league position we are currently in than I did this time two years ago?

No thanks. We've already got one of those.

1euaMd7T.jpg

It warms my heart to see our often polarised fanbase unite together in near unanimous hatred of Jacob Blyth.

They aren't united at all. Many, like myself, don't rate him but we certainly don't hate him. Thats very strong language.

• Like 1

It warms my heart to see our often polarised fanbase unite together in near unanimous hatred of Jacob Blyth.

I don't know if I would go as far as *hate*.

I do think he is absolutely fucking pish, a waste of a wage and comes across as an arrogant arsehole though.

They aren't united at all. Many, like myself, don't rate him but we certainly don't hate him. Thats very strong language.

I was exaggerating a wee bit for comic effect, I've got nothing against the guy personally.
  • Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic