The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

"Injury prone" Chris Porter didn't turn out too bad, though.

True. But then for every Porter we sign, we also get Wes Fletcher,Jacob Blyth, Alex Fisher & Ryan Bowman.

Praying the guy kicks on, and praying we have a better option lined up, or were doing a Dundee Utd and heading for obscurity

£800,000 for a bomb scare like Kipre ? I very much doubt it.

Kipre is a young guy, only about 20 I believe and it was never intended to play him week in week out. He was signed as a long term prospect and as back up. The rest is history. Time will tell.

"We must give our youngsters a chance."

"Why do we not bring more youngsters in?"

"We've a terrible record for developing youth."

"Heneghan's useless!"

"Kipre's a bomb scare!"

"I'm drowning in my own saliva!!!!!"

• Like 9

"several new faces", means it's quantity over quality again

Does it? You don't even know who were trying to sign so how can you say it's quantity over quality? We also don't know who else we're losing this window and where we need to replace.

Whatever happened to giving the new signings a chance to show what they can do before getting the knives out?

Would people prefer we only have 14 actual first team players again like under McCall? Because I seem to remember everyone losing their shit because he didn't have any depth.

• Like 1

Does it? You don't even know who were trying to sign so how can you say it's quantity over quality? We also don't know who else we're losing this window and where we need to replace.

Whatever happened to giving the new signings a chance to show what they can do before getting the knives out?

Would people prefer we only have 14 actual first team players again like under McCall? Because I seem to remember everyone losing their shit because he didn't have any depth.

Surely we would all chose the McCall (or McGhee 2007/08) approach? I would far rather one Michael Higdon to Bowman/Fisher/Dimi and one Nicky Law to Grimshaw/Rose/Bigi. In the last month we have regularly went without 4/5 key players but havent came close to giving an academy prospect their debut, for me that suggests our squad is bloated and results imply the competition for places mantra for a club our size is flawed.

Top 4 + Cup Final + Injurys + Wee Badrun + some new signings + £500,00 = Obscurity. Gies a break.

That pretty much describes Utd! They sold GMS/Armstrong/Ciftci/Robertson and thought theyd be fine, now 3 seasons in the championship. And the players they had left were A LOT better than ours!

Im not expecting us to sign a star, but considering we have banked over £2m,the vast majority of which we'd have never budgeted for,excuse me for not rubbing one out when we sign Portsmouth's injury prone,goal shy, reserve striker.

Were on a shiter of a run,desperately need a goalscorer,and replace Moult with a 25 year old guy who has scored less goals in his entire career than Moult has this season alone.

Surely we would all chose the McCall (or McGhee 2007/08) approach? I would far rather one Michael Higón to Bowman/Fisher/Dimi and one Nicky Law to Grimshaw/Rose/Bigi. In the last month we have regularly went without 4/5 key players but havent came close to giving an academy prospect their debut, for me that suggests our squad is bloated and results imply the competition for places mantra for a club our size is flawed.

Definately! Its a bit sad the likes of McLean or Turnbull are nowhere near the team. Even the lad Livingstone who is a proper left back! But we have guys like Rose & Dunne who seem bulletproof even tho some matches youd struggle to believe theyd ever seen a football

That pretty much describes Utd! They sold GMS/Armstrong/Ciftci/Robertson and thought theyd be fine, now 3 seasons in the championship. And the players they had left were A LOT better than ours!

Im not expecting us to sign a star, but considering we have banked over £2m,the vast majority of which we'd have never budgeted for,excuse me for not rubbing one out when we sign Portsmouth's injury prone,goal shy, reserve striker.

Were on a shiter of a run,desperately need a goalscorer,and replace Moult with a 25 year old guy who has scored less goals in his entire career than Moult has this season alone.

Please don't rub one out ever over a player...just give them a chance. Even one game. Half a game?

Moult had scored around 38 goals before joining us and Main has scored 26. Other than your poor arithmetic it proves that players might score more when they come to us rather than just follow their previous goals per game rate.

Please don't rub one out ever over a player..

Dont know about that, some of the US Women team are real tidy! Lol

And I will give the boy every chance, and hope he proves me wrong and I look an even bigger c**t!

Ive never booed a Well player in my life and dont like barracking players from the stands. But believe Ive every right to be a moany cunt every so often on an internet forum, just like anyone else has the right to a differing opinion. The beauty is if you dont like it,dont read or ignore it.

• Like 1

Looking at past stats isnt always helpful when were signing guys from other leagues/levels, especially younger players. Mains record is very similar to Ojamaas before he joined us (there is only one goal between the two over their whole careers to date) but we know how good a player Henrik was for us. On the flip side, you have bowman who scored a fair few before joining us and hasnt been prolific. We also have fisher who looked great against us (as did Kemas and Tarrant in years gone by) but hasnt been good for us. Is fisher the last known player that weve signed?

These are the kind of signings we make now, and we just need to hope the Moults and Kipres outweigh the Fletchers and Blyths

The manager sees something in this guy, and were going to have to see him in a game or two before passing judgement.

Looking at past stats isnt always helpful when were signing guys from other leagues/levels, especially younger players. Mains record is very similar to Ojamaas before he joined us (there is only one goal between the two over their whole careers to date) but we know how good a player Henrik was for us. On the flip side, you have bowman who scored a fair few before joining us and hasnt been prolific. We also have fisher who looked great against us (as did Kemas and Tarrant in years gone by) but hasnt been good for us. Is fisher the last known player that weve signed?

These are the kind of signings we make now, and we just need to hope the Moults and Kipres outweigh the Fletchers and Blyths

The manager sees something in this guy, and were going to have to see him in a game or two before passing judgement.

Absolutely agree

I also remember a good few folk jizzing themselves over bigi signing and hes hardly set the heather alight

Judge players after a couple of months of playing with us

Players are only human, cant do much for your confidence or enthusiasm when the Club you have just signed for supporters are battering you before you have kicked a ball

Definately! Its a bit sad the likes of McLean or Turnbull are nowhere near the team. Even the lad Livingstone who is a proper left back! But we have guys like Rose & Dunne who seem bulletproof even tho some matches youd struggle to believe theyd ever seen a football

They are nowhere near the team because the people with experience running the team IE the coaching team/ manager obviously think they are not ready to step up, if and when they are they will get a chance,

• Like 3

• Andy_P locked this topic