The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

The BBC gossip page is reporting that Rangers are also interested in Louis Moult as well as Heneghan, story running in the Sun apparently

All depends on what league we're in next season I suppose but Moult to Rangers has been mentioned in the "gossip" pages loads in the same way that Johnson was frequently an "Old Firm target".

I don't know whether it's a conscious policy on the part of the club or not but very few of our outgoing sales have been to other clubs in Scotland. Law obviously went to Rangers but was out of contract, I think you'd have to go back to McDonald for the last time we sold a first team player to either of the ugly sisters.

Obviously out of contract players have moved to other sides in Scotland (Vigurs back to ICT, Sutton to St Johnstone etc) but we don't actively seem to sell to rivals unlike say, ICT who have become Aberdeen's feeder club.

Looking back you've had: Johnson > Oxford, Pearson > Atletico de Kolkata, Anier > Erzgebirge Aue, Ojamaa > Legia Warsaw, Murphy > Sheffield Utd, Reynolds > Sheffield Weds, Quinn > Cardiff, Clarkson > Bristol City, Porter > Derby, McCormack > Cardiff.

Even the development moves like Erwin, Hall and Leitch were to Leeds, Brighton and Burnley. Hutchinson ended up at Fulham and your out of contract guys like Randolph > Birmingham, Humphrey > Preston, Higdon > NEC Nimegen amongst others.

There may be something in the new club's interest in both Heneghan and Moult, there may not but based on the business we've done in recent history (and longer) I'd have thought our preferred market to sell would be England.

Rangers allegedly paid £1.8m for Joe Garner who is both vastly inferior and four years older than Moult. Obviously the English market is utterly insane, but taking all that into account, as well as charging them a domestic rival premium, I don't think we should settle for less than about £800k.

Moult to Rangers wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. He seems pretty settled up here and would be a perfect signing for them. One that would shift season tickets.

If they make offers for Moult and Heneghan, I'd expect a cash plus player(s) offer. For instance, Halliday and O'Halloran are out the door if they can find a club.

I'd be expecting some future Society influence on contracts offered to those over 30 also. 1 year maximum for me.

Nah, no need, just float them the society money for three year deals.

Faycal Rherras released by Hearts.

Always thought he was a decent player and can play left or right back. Would take a look at him if he fancied staying in Scotland but think he would likely be outwith our budget.

Yeah injuries limited his appearances at Easter Road. Thought his days were numbered when they nabbed Swanson from St Johnstone.

He played as a RWB at Preston loads, would fit into Robinson 352 nicely.

Craigan on BT saying 'papers rarely get it wrong' when asked about Rangers interest in Moult and Heneghan.

It would be absolutely hilarious if Rangers signed Heneghan.

It would be absolutely tragic if Rangers signed Moult.

Craigan on BT saying 'papers rarely get it wrong' when asked about Rangers interest in Moult and Heneghan.

True - but he also said which we all knew - they will have a list of about 20 or 30 players on their target list depending on what their big spending owner allocates to this summer's war chest.

Players sometimes just don't fit. Just doesn't work out.

Shevchenko at Chelsea
Crespo at Chelsea

Veron at Man U

Thomas at M'Well

Flo at Rangers

Torres at Chelsea

Lamela at Spurs

Theo Robinson at M'Well

fantastic list there eh?

• Like 1

Players sometimes just don't fit. Just doesn't work out.

Shevchenko at Chelsea

Crespo at Chelsea

Veron at Man U

Thomas at M'Well

Flo at Rangers

Torres at Chelsea

Lamela at Spurs

Theo Robinson at M'Well

fantastic list there eh?

Very true Busta...Ged Brannan?

• Andy_P locked this topic