The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Im into this. No basis whatsoever but I think hell be decent. Hopefully Robinson is the man to get Ciftci back to the Dundee Utd version.

If not though, Ciftci and Hartley in the same team should provide some decent mental bastard moments.

• Like 1

Mark Reynolds is exactly the kind of player we need. A central defender with a bit of pace.

I seem to remember that he just signed a new contract at Aberdeen thought that suggests both parties see his future there.

Having said that Tansey just moved to Ross County....

Reynolds pace is not as it was thats why he cant get a regular spot for Aberdeen , you take Reynolds pace away and you struggle to get much else. His pace very often covered his dreadful positional sense

Some of the posts over last few weeks have beggared belief. Amount of negativity crazy. We are writing players off before they have touched a ball. We have a manager who folk were worried was going to take n ireland job and now is clueless and must go. Let's all get behind the players and manager as crucial games coming up......COYW

• Like 3

Burrows just confirmed we are still looking to add more players to the back and up top.

Could be reminiscent of the Baraclough era of 6 strikers but only play 1......

Surely its be shifting some out the door, Newell and Petravicius on loan?

Newell on loan may be a shout, and given he was originally signed for the U20s this wouldn't be too surprising.

Out of the remaining strikers I can see Bowman going in this window, Petra isn't an out-and-out striker as far as I can gather so it wouldn't surprise me to see him and Tanner share that no. 10 role.

Ciftci is more of a direct replacement for Moult, Main seems to be a bit more like Bowman so would make sense as a replacement if her were to leave - not sure where this places Fisher although to be honest I don't think he's going anywhere.

Any rumours of trialists who have gone with the team to Tenerife?

Its been a while since I had such optimism around a signing, Skippy was probably the last. There is talk of Ciftci being a disruptive influence but hopefully he is just the type that needs an arm around the shoulder from Keith.

Regarding incomings and outgoings it is shaping up to be the high turnover I anticipated with talk of a 3rd striker. I would be surprised to see Newell make way via loan, he will likely be on peanuts and appears to have impressed the management team. Fisher, Bowman and Dimi though - who knows?

Presumably, we are also in the market for a left back. Given the short term nature of our others signings, it would be good if we could identify and invest in a young left back that fits the Marvin/Moult/Kipre mould.

If Heneghan returns, Hartley stays on and Cadden/Frear return from injury, we should have more than enough to avoid a stressful end to the season.

I guess who comes in next depends on our targets' immediate availability. If we have guys lined up for the summer window, it might mean more short term loan-type deals this window.

Looking forward to see what Ciftci can offer. If he wants to put himself in the shop window, he could be quite productive.

Well Ciftci is certainly quality, down to Robinson to manage him now.

It's kinda interesting that we've had a couple of 'old' targets come in during the last couple of windows.

These guys clearly pre-date Robinson in term of interest from the club. Would like to know the process of identifying and signing players because while Robinson, I'd hope, has the final say, it's clearly not the manager that is identifying targets.

I have a few mates who are Airdrie fans, poor fucks.

They like Watt but general comments are hes good at that level and would maybe be mid/lower end Championship but never a Premier league player.

On Airdrie, with the new ownership my mate states they are going back to part time next year. Their aim is to get the best part time players in the leagues rather than the current lower end shit full time players. He seems quite interested at the prospect and that they will be aiming for Championship in the next 2 seasons.

• Andy_P locked this topic