The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Bit old 36.5

In fairness Clint Hill's 38 and has been one of Sevco's best players along with Kenny Miller (37).

Greer played 21 times this season for Blackburn in the Championship though hasn't played since February as far as I can see, his last game was against Man United in the cup I think.

We already have our elderly centre half.

Are you preparing a dissertation about why we should give Lee Lucas a fourth contract capt_oats?

Well, we've got an injured elderly centre half, a back 4 that fell to bits off the back of a single injury and let's face it has hardly been solid for a number of seasons so if there are options that may lead us to not haemorrhaging goals as we have been or find ourselves having to chuck in a Zak Jules-a-like then it'd probably be worth our while exploring them regardless of their age.

As for Lucas. It's been clear his time's up for ages which wasn't the case when he signed his 6 month extension in January given he'd been involved in the team for a run of games before the break and we'd picked up some points. IIRC the general stance was that he was a low risk option, if he kicked on in the 2nd half of the season then great, if not we'd be shot of him in the summer and so it is the case.

• Like 1

I expect he'll pitch up at Western Sydney Wanderers who have been chasing him the last couple of widows.

Saying that, he does a fair bit of media work here so a year at the likes of Hibs along with his media work would likely see him pocket more cash than he would get staying at Fir Park.

Fantastic servant to the club and one of my personal favourites.

Depending on quality all the replacements expected we will probably miss him. on the other hand has that statement not a repeat of previous years?. On the plus side if true we will not have to wait until 48 hours before season starts for a decision and then a further 3 or 4 weeks to get fit.

He will have the first week off if he does stay - suspended.

If he wants to stay, I'd keep him as he offers a fair amount at our level. Having said that, he is another year older and will run out of gas sooner or later. The player of the last couple of seasons will be hard to replace on our budget. Whether Skippy would be that player next season is a moot point.

Depending on quality all the replacements expected we will probably miss him. on the other hand has that statement not a repeat of previous years?. On the plus side if true we will not have to wait until 48 hours before season starts for a decision and then a further 3 or 4 weeks to get fit.

Very much this. In previous seasons I would have been disappointed had he not stayed but the hullabaloo that accompanied the wait for that decision was as tedious as it was annoying.

Skippy has been a VERY good player for us in his 2 or 3 stints - he has the experience and often the skill to contribute at this level, but I think it is time to move on for both parties. Wish him all the very best assuming he does not stay in Scotland in the top flight.

I am hopeful Robinson is ruthless in his decision making. Lasley and Lionel merit contracts based on our feelings for them but not really on the basis of what they can now contribute to a full season in the top flight next season. We have a small budget and we need to get the most out of it. Help if we can reach agreement with Blyth also.

A clean slate this summer for me:

Out of contract:

Samson- release, no explanation required

Ainsworth- unplayable one in seven games, ineffectual the other six. Move on.

Griffiths- the one player I'm not actually sure about, but I'd rather a more experienced keeper anyway.

Lasley- stalwart, legend, quite often our best option at centre mid this season, but time to try and replace him. Only register if he's in a coaching role.

Chalmers- release, no explanation required.

Lucas- release, chocolate.

Jules- end loan, no explanation.

Moore- release, terrible luck with injuries but he'd have broken through by now.

McFadden- no harm in registering him if he's assistant, but I suspect he won't be.

Ferguson- release, too old to play 20s and at best not ready for the first team.

McDonald- would love to keep, but we obviously now know that's not happening.

Pearson- The fact this spell has either shown him on a major decline or continuously injured tells me we shouldn't offer a nearly 35 year old a deal.

Under contract:

Heneghan- Ended the season with two very good games, but if we could get a fee for him given he's only got a year left, I'd be laughing straight to the bank.

Moult- Clear to see he is away, just hope it's not to them.

Blyth- if somehow we could get him off the wage bill, I'd let him go.

Clay- With Campbell at times leapfrogging him and McHugh due to return to midfield, I wouldn't be averse to allowing him to go either.

Thomas- Seemed to have an up and down time at QOTS, but is running out of time to make an impact here and with other young wide players in MacLean, Hastie and Gordon about I wouldn't be against letting him go.

Watt- Hasn't set the world alight on lower league loan spells and with reported ideas above his station, I wouldn't be against an exit for him either.

So far my feelings towards Robinson have varied from sympathy to criticism, but with all of the above to deal with, now might be the time he earns his keep and deserves to be truly judged.

• Andy_P locked this topic