The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

No one will be interested if he's not seen! And to be fair what other options did we have?

See post in response to OTF.

I have no issue with Bowman. Adequate squad player imho. Probably wont ever be prolific but hard worker who will do job when called upon.

Good grief give the guy a chance. So many hatters of Higgy and how well did he do with right partner to support him ?

Why do we always need a scapegoat goat ?

Just enjoy we're still in the cup with a home draw and narrowly defeated in the league with a team 100x our spending power.

• Like 2

I get it fine. But we've shipped plenty of players out the door this window without giving them game time. I was alluding to the fact that maybe Bowmans days arent as numbered as some think. I have no insider knowledge though. If others do, maybe they should spill.....

Apparently, Bowman's amongst the higher earners and there were thoughts of selling him and using cash gained to improve offer to Moult. (From a decent club source but not saying who it was)

I quite like Bowman, but are you telling me we've brought him up from Gateshead and made him one of our top earners?

Away ye go.

Jacob Blyth got a two year deal with a third year option, 36 year old Lasley got a second year option, chronically injured Hammell and McManus got two year deals, we signed Lee Lucas three times in seven months and Luka Belic happened.

It was an odd window.

I'll not disagree there were some strange signings, but I'm not having Bowman (a non-league player with no pedigree at a higher level whatsoever) coming in as one of the top earners.

I might not go as far as top earner but reading between the lines there's a fair chance Bowman's on a decent wedge. Certainly compared to what he may have been on at Gateshead.

I can't remember his exact phrasing but I seem to recall Robinson saying something along the lines of if he wanted to bring certain players in he'd have to move some out however that may not be easy as he's got players at the club who are on "good" contracts and they can sit on them "as is their right" or something along those lines. Someone with a better memory than I may have a better recollection.

With regards Bowman it seems clear that we're open to him leaving. Again, reading into Robinson's comments to the press he's on record as saying he wants another striker, however in order to do so he'll need to move players out. By process of elimination Moult (regardless of whether he'll sign or not) has a new deal on the table, Fisher is literally just in the door as is Newell, Blyth has since been shot from a cannon which leaves us with Bowman as the player who's probably most expendable.

I get the impression that Robinson may well like Bowman enough but probably thinks he can get or needs a better/different option. He's scored enough goals in the National League that I can imagine a club at that level being willing to take him however the question may well be about the money he'd get at that level vs what he's on just now.

• Like 1

Mostly, I think, because he gets asked the same question at every press conference.

He's said about 50 times he's looking to bring in a bit of pace up front, so it's not exactly a secret. However, he's not going to tell the media who his targets are or the progress of any potential deals.

I dunno weeyin. It wasn't the usual and he hinted early next week.

Aye, it was definitely knowing. He also seemed oddly confident. Who knows, maybe he was just in a good mood but he gave the impression that there was something in the offing. I'm not sure he necessarily hinted at next week though.

• Andy_P locked this topic