The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Interestingly, the quote from Robinson on the BBC article about it says that Moult has said he's not going to sign the contract offer at the moment. That to me suggests that he wants to move this window but wouldn't be against extending if the move he wants doesn't happen.

Whatever happens, he's been a great player for us, conducted himself very well throughout, and deserves his chance when it comes.

He'll move on, and the club will continue regardless.

I've not seen Rohan Ferguson personally but I know from reading other clubs forums that Airdrie fans are always complaining about him and wanting to get a more experienced goalkeeper in. He does have a good amount of first team action for a goalkeeper that age but I find the signing a little strange overall. Wouldn't have been top of my Airdrie shopping list.

As for Louis Moult, there was absolutely no chance he was ever going to sign a new deal. If nothing happens this window it could turn out to be a blessing because instead of having an unhappy player under contract we would have someone with a lot of motivation to have a great season and get himself a big move come May. 20 league goals would get a lot of spotlight.

• Like 1

I've not seen Rohan Ferguson personally but I know from reading other clubs forums that Airdrie fans are always complaining about him and wanting to get a more experienced goalkeeper in. He does have a good amount of first team action for a goalkeeper that age but I find the signing a little strange overall. Wouldn't have been top of my Airdrie shopping list.

As for Louis Moult, there was absolutely no chance he was ever going to sign a new deal. If nothing happens this window it could turn out to be a blessing because instead of having an unhappy player under contract we would have someone with a lot of motivation to have a great season and get himself a big move come May. 20 league goals would get a lot of spotlight.

you do understand he is one for the future and he has gone straight back to Airdrie on loan? As for moult, none of us know what is going to happen until the man himself speaks.

Being brought up and living in Airdrie most of my life, I know quite a few Airdrie fans that regularly go to their games. They've all been complimentary on Ferguson. One for the future definitely, I'm happy with that piece of business.

Ya bezzer seems to think the opposite (ie Airdrie fans not happy with him), but then he has been putting a pretty negative spin on most things recently.

Never seen the lad play but happy to trust the clubs judgement on this and the immediate loan back plus having him involved at Motherwell during the week seems sensible

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's exactly it for me. If he ends up staying, he'll be 100% committed to the cause.

Stark contrast in attitude/likeability between him and someone like Jacob Blyith.

Indeed. Completely different and have no worries about him.

Another way to look at this is the answer Robinson gave gets Moult's name in the paper a couple of weeks before the window to remind possible suitors of his availability...

Quote from BBC gossip this morning

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson believes last season's top scorer Louis Moult will play for the club for at least another year, despite not signing a new contract. (National)

We might have moult for the season

Quote from BBC gossip this morning

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson believes last season's top scorer Louis Moult will play for the club for at least another year, despite not signing a new contract. (National)

We might have moult for the season

Not really news imho. Bottom line is if no-one offers us a decent fee then where else would he be going ?

I suspect unless he starts banging in the goals between now and end of month he will probably not be sold and we will have him at least until next transfer window.

Keith Lasley saying on BBC website warning clubs off bids for Cadden saying players will only be sold at the right offer and the right time for the club.

Interesting reading. Sounds to me like the club are almost saying "if you want to bid for our players, fine. But we won't be selling anyone on deadline day and leaving ourselves in the same situation we were after we sold Johnson". Like, if you want to bid, get on with it...
  • Like 2

Watching Sportscene and Michael O’Halloran would have been a great addition to our attack. The boy looks sharp and will no doubt score a good few goals for saints.

I think part of that is because, like many guys who return to Fir Park, O'Halloran is happy at Saints.

I think I mentioned this when his name was being touted around the last time, but between his last time at St Johnstone and his time at Rangers he played 100 games and only scored 15 goals.

He's obviously got off to a better start this time, and will be interesting to see if his scoring streak continues.

After Saturday's game I'm wondering how many first team squad wingers we have? It seems to me that we have one who Robbo trusts - ie Frear. We seem to have a few last season but only one this season. He doesn't sem to think MacLean is quite ready yet, and Jake Hastie won't be appearing on the bench in the next 6 months anyway.

At the start of the season I assumed Frear would be first pick, which he is; MacLean would be starting the odd game or two with some sub appearances thrown in; and Hastie would make the bench occasionally.

Still, in Robbo we trust.

• Andy_P locked this topic