The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

£1,000,000 for Cadden isnt as far-fetched as some of the more outlandish claims I've seen over the past couple of years with regards to our players. Cadden is young, very experienced for his age (I'd actually have given him the captains armband at the weekend just past), strong, quick and appears to be a 'good type' in so much that he looks like a grafter, looks like he enjoys what he does, doesn't whinge when moved position and actively looks to encourage his team-mates. He's got a lot going for him, and I'm not surprised that he is attracting more attention at a Championship level, than Moult and Heneghan combined, because in Cadden there is probably a lot more to work with for the future given his age in comparison to Ben and Louis.

However, of the three, I think he'd be the easiest to replace, which sounds strange on the face of it. If we can get Moult back to the player he was just a few months ago, hes nigh on impossible to replace, his goals and his work-rate were a joy to watch, thats fallen off a cliff recently but once the window closes I think he may well just knuckle down and relax back into the player we know is there. Heneghan has impressed me a wee bit more recently, and when he went to the central defender in the back 3 on Saturday he strolled it, whereas when he went to the right-side of a back 3 at times last season he was like a fish out of water. Heneghan, will be difficult to replace in so much that he is now the 'old head' in the defence since Mick retired and to get someone with his experience will be difficult.

If we continue to play a 3-5-2, which I think looks likely, I only see one position for Cadden in the team and this is right wing-back. I know he has played in the middle at various age groups and for the 1st team this season, but I don't see it in there, I think he looks much more confident and composed on the right hand-side. If we sell Cadden for £600,000 plus I think we'd be able to utilise that money for other areas of the side (probably left-midfield, and striker) while not massively weakening the side by playing Tait in that right-wing back role.

I can see your thinking there but the loss of his power and pace would be massive. No one else in our midfield offers anything like that.

While he offers more in a wide right role, I'd still rather have him in the middle than Andy Rose. Having a midfield three of Bigirmana, McHugh and Rose with only Campbell and MacLean as backups doesn't look anywhere near as strong...

Demented Peter Vicious (I'm sure that's what it says :P) in, a Lithuanian forward. Pacy?

Looks reasonably nippy. Keen to beat his full-back and reach the by-line, a right sided winger.

(This is from about 8 clips, but nonetheless)

While he offers more in a wide right role, I'd still rather have him in the middle than Andy Rose. Having a midfield three of Bigirmana, McHugh and Rose with only Campbell and MacLean as backups doesn't look anywhere near as strong...

I would rather see you pull on the old boots and take the place of Rose in the middle of our midfield. He doesn't do anything bad, he just doesn't do anything.

I would rather see you pull on the old boots and take the place of Rose in the middle of our midfield. He doesn't do anything bad, he just doesn't do anything.

To be fair, I'd do plenty bad...

I'm kind of holding out hope that Rose does come good. Game seems to be passing him by at the minute but hoping that he just needs time to adjust or to the manager to find the right way to use him. Remember how Josh Law went from numpty midfielder to passable right back..?

He sounds like he could be like the Newell boy. I.e. Not necessarily for the first team right away.

Only signed till the end of the season according to the official site, so looks like we are having a good look at him, and maybe a longer deal if it works out so i would say definitely one for the future.

When cadden signed the extended contract it would have a clause if an offer came in he and his agent thought was good enough he would be off. Otherwise why would he sign an extended contract. So we may not be dictating an acceptable price to anyone.Bet the price is just over development fee money

When cadden signed the extended contract it would have a clause if an offer came in he and his agent thought was good enough he would be off. Otherwise why would he sign an extended contract. So we may not be dictating an acceptable price to anyone.Bet the price is just over development fee money

Unless your the agent or in the know then this is purely conjecture. Who knows if there is any clause in the contract whatsoever. Some people actually sign extended contract for more money and a guarantee of first team football and/or the like where they are at this time and place.

I see mr burrows has been in the press going on about how we should all be supporting Celtic in the champions league and how they are solely responsible for 12.5 percent of our yearly budget. Ffs, cheers for that Alan, how often are we going to getting that shoved down our throat by there supporters for years to come.

We earn the money by playing and hosting the games. There's no need to be grateful for it.

It's a small point but i'm disappointed we haven't been more vocal about voting rights and revenue sharing since we became fan owned. There's zero excuse not to any more.

• Like 1

It's a small point but i'm disappointed we haven't been more vocal about voting rights and revenue sharing since we became fan owned. There's zero excuse not to any more.

That ship sailed when we rubber stamped the SPFL structure.

• Like 1

Celtic doing their best at the moment to make the whole Group Stage payment discussion irrelevant.

Not entirely surprised, saw a BBC journo tweeting this morning that Astana have never lost a European game at home so it wasn't a foregone conclusion. Roundly ridiculed by Celtic fans, of course...

That ship sailed when we rubber stamped the SPFL structure.

It obviously makes it more difficult but we weren't fan owned then.

It would be good to even make a statement at some point to get a bit of debate going. We should be leading the way on things like this now and if Hearts and Hibs go down the same route there will be momentum.

• Andy_P locked this topic