The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

He must be able to play in the middle too. With Tait, McMillan and Cadden all capable of playing RB/RWB I don't see why we would need another unless the injury Tait has been playing through is much worse than feared.

Saw an interview during the week where he said he's struggling with a pelvic injury, has had 2 operations but it's still causing problems and he's been using painkillers to get through games.

We desperately need another CB as if any of our 3 starters can't play the only other option at the moment is McHugh.

He must be able to play in the middle too. With Tait, McMillan and Cadden all capable of playing RB/RWB I don't see why we would need another unless the injury Tait has been playing through is much worse than feared.

If Tait is struggling and Cadden leaves we'll be short at RB.

Injured or not, few deliveries aside, Tait just isn't very good.

A tad harshly put but probably true. He's a real trier and decent at crosses as you say but certainly lacks pace and far from the best defender in the world. Since Robbo took over the reins I've often wondered if Tait is his kind of player.

A tad harshly put but probably true. He's a real trier and decent at crosses as you say but certainly lacks pace and far from the best defender in the world. Since Robbo took over the reins I've often wondered if Tait is his kind of player.

He must be, was shoehorned into the second half line up (I know, with effect) last week after a first half performance that would have seen him banished at Motherwell Miners.

He must be, was shoehorned into the second half line up (I know, with effect) last week after a first half performance that would have seen him banished at Motherwell Miners.

motherwell miners no more,,,, gone the same way as third Lanark,,into obscurity ........ only saying like :)

It's interesting having a RB who can't really defend.

What definitely helps though is his attitude and the fact the by having two feet he can put a cross in with means he doesn't need to beat his man up the park.

Isn't that the epitome of the modern full back though? These days they seem to be more about attack than defence.

We've been short since Tom Hateley left for pastures new. Injured or not, few deliveries aside, Tait just isn't very good.

That post is out of character .... let me rephrase:

"Deficiencies ..... yes, countless. All been from the offspring of a mullet left to eat beetroot soup. While no stranger to Rosshall, the only Sagittarius in the team has not set the tattoo's alight.

53 27 Purple Spaghetti 10:42am 17 Yer Maw 11"

• Like 4

We've been short since Tom Hateley left for pastures new. Injured or not, few deliveries aside, Tait just isn't very good.

I'd actually argue since Paul Quinn left.

As fat tony says, it does strike you that Tait is very much the way full backs are in the modern game. Almost as if attacking prowess is seen as more important than defending. Or as someone said to me on Saturday, Tait's not a full back; he's a wing back...

Hateley did great for us. We're always going to find a problem with someone in our team, even when it's the most successful team many of us have seen.

Tait is doing what is asked of him, I.e the manager has emphasized attack as a priority for the full/wing backs. In that respect he's doing great considering the number of assists he has made, and 2 goals so far this season.

I wonder if Robinson is considering Tait as an option on the left side and looking at someone like McGinn for the right. Given Tait seems equally comfortable with both feet and played there last week, it was something that had crossed my mind.

• Andy_P locked this topic