The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I was googling him last night after my previous message, to remind me who he is. The top video result is 'Paul McGinn scores fluke of the season' from the SPFL. George Long in goals and the closest defender if the bold Tony Straker. No central defender involved though - just sclaffs it in all on his own.

I was googling him last night after my previous message, to remind me who he is. The top video result is 'Paul McGinn scores fluke of the season' from the SPFL. George Long in goals and the closest defender if the bold Tony Straker. No central defender involved though - just sclaffs it in all on his own.

Did I say central? Hapless I meant.

He sounds a great scout if needs random responses on Twitter to decide on a player's ability.

You do know many scouts find players by people simply commenting on players on social media. Then they or someone else they pay then goes and watches them to determine their actual worthiness.

It's not always random luck that some scout is sent to some god foresaken hell hole to watch whatever game.

You do know many scouts find players by people simply commenting on players on social media. Then they or someone else they pay then goes and watches them to determine their actual worthiness.

It's not always random luck that some scout is sent to some god foresaken hell hole to watch whatever game.

This is true and suggests that there may be some interest but that probably it's at the early stages so might be more likely to be a bid in January...

That's not the same as the "Head Researcher of the Netherlands" asking random twitter users if a player "can make the step up?"

That's not the same as the "Head Researcher of the Netherlands" asking random twitter users if a player "can make the step up?"

He didn't ask a random user

Anyway it wasn't a club but the Dutch Media that drew his attention to him as a one to watch for the Scotland U21's.

Missed the game yesterday as the wife picked a stupid time for us to go on holiday. However, at the time of booking it I wasn't particularly bothered as for the whole of last season it was really just a case of turning up for games because I'm a season ticket holder. Thanks manly to McGhee after nearly 50 years I had lost all the passion for going to games and even the results weren't bothering me. This season under Robinson the excitement is coming back and yesterday sitting in 39 degree heat in benalmadena listening to the game on mixir I really missed fir park. Reading the different posters today (even the usual negative ones ) there seems to be a feeling of optimism and passion returning with a lot of supporters. Who knows how long it will last but the feel good factor is a bloody great feeling. Anyway back to the sun and look forward to the killie game.

• Like 6

Must say I was thoroughly impressed by the majority of the squad today. Kipre, as mentioned previously, was monumental at the back. Not only getting on the end of everything coming his way, but able to keep the ball after a tackle and distribute. Big Ben has been coming onto a game as well, feel like he's stopped dallying on the ball when in possession and won most of his aerial battles. Carson didn't have that much to do, but was great when called upon. The save in the second half was outstanding, looked for all the world to be going in and breaking hearts.
Rose doesn't stand out at all, but I don't know if he's meant to. His physicality is really useful at times, especially from throw ins. McHugh had a bit of a torrid time it must be said. His misplaced passes have been mentioned already but he was turned a few times and seemed to be a bit unsure if he wanted to get tight to players or back off when challenging. Hopefully it's just a temporary form dip, maybe lacking a bit of confidence from the double yellow in Perth?
Moult and Bowman were certainly a force to be reckoned with. Bowy could've, maybe should've had a couple today, but his work rate and link up play were exceptional, really bring Moult more into the game than Fisher.
All in all a really encouraging performance. Good to go into the break on a high, but can't wait to get back to Fir Park vs Killie. If we keep playing like this could see us challenging for top 6 come April.

Moult and Bowman were certainly a force to be reckoned with. Bowy could've, maybe should've had a couple today, but his work rate and link up play were exceptional, really bring Moult more into the game than Fisher.

Amazing what a difference a year can make - they look like they're forming a really effective partnership now. When McDonald was here it felt like Moult and Bowman up front was a disaster.

• Andy_P locked this topic