The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

What's with the sell sell sell nonsense. This is ment to be about entertainment. If we lose the spine of our team we are looking at relegation. Let one go at best and keep the rest. Money in the bank but sitting in the championship isn't my idea of entertainment.

Be surprised if its true about Leitch, no mention of it on their twitter page or website, he signed a two year deal with option of a third year, if he's going id have said it would be a loan move for him.

Mentioned in this article..

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15507479.Burnley_defender_makes_season_long_loan_move_to_Port_Vale/

Heneghan had came onto a bit of a game but I don't think he's irreplaceable by any means. Sounds like if the deal goes through we have other players coming in.

Provided we keep Cadden and Moult bring and a Heneghan replacement in, along with Marv's sell on fee, Heneghan's fee, I think we'll have had a good day to put it mildly!

• Like 1

What's with the sell sell sell nonsense. This is ment to be about entertainment. If we lose the spine of our team we are looking at relegation. Let one go at best and keep the rest. Money in the bank but sitting in the championship isn't my idea of entertainment.

I'm fairly certain we could move Cadden on and avoid relegation.

Some of the best entertainment I had was when I watching our team in the First Division.

However, our business model requires us to sell a player a year to pay off our debts and balance the books. If we didn't do that, we'd never have seen guys like Moult play for us.

We're not going to end up cash-rich regardless. More a case of basic financial management.

I totally disagree, virtually all our best attacking plays in recent games have came through him. He would be a huge huge loss. We would lose our only real attacking options as the likes of Bigi, Tanner, Fisher, Rose are hardly setting the heather alight with their contributuions

Burrows on Twitter. Fee agreed for Heneghan with a Championship club. If he goes, we hope to bring in two players...

So not Blackburn then, possibly Birmingham? I'm a fan of Heneghan but I'd view anything in the region of £400k as good business if we have an approropriate replacement lined up. Furthermore, given the market in England, Ben could end up moving for daft money if he hits the ground running in the Championship as illustrated by Marvin today, so a future windfall is possible.

Wonder who the replacement will be. Presumably someone still attached to a club if we plan to announce today. Shame Hutchy is getting a game for Millwall.

Some of the best entertainment I had was when I watching our team in the First Division.

I totally agree, in fact last season, when relegation was looming large, my fear wasn't playing in in that division (I had reconciled myself to the prospect and was actually looking forward to it) but the financial difficulties that may have ensued.

Finishing bottom can actually be entertaining itself, one of my favourite seasons was the one immediately after administration, 6-1 Hearts anyone?

However, our business model requires us to sell a player a year to pay off our debts and balance the books. If we didn't do that, we'd never have seen guys like Moult play for us.

We're not going to end up cash-rich regardless. More a case of basic financial management.

1st division was a great laugh but only because we won the league and gained promotion. Our business plan stated that we are required to sell 1 player per year, not have a sale every time a window opens. We also now have money from Johnson sale as well. Offer the others better terms to sign extensenions now. If they're good enough they'll get there turn. Or they can sit on the low wages they're on. Anyway I'm just panicking, only lost the one so far. This is killing my holiday.

Aye but we can hopefully move him on for more when he has put a strong run of performances together. So we get more money and the benefit of him for a while.

He was immense on Saturday and he will hopefully improve over the season.

1st division was a great laugh but only because we won the league and gained promotion. Our business plan stated that we are required to sell 1 player per year, not have a sale every time a window opens. We also now have money from Johnson sale as well. Offer the others better terms to sign extensenions now. If they're good enough they'll get there turn. Or they can sit on the low wages they're on. Anyway I'm just panicking, only lost the one so far. This is killing my holiday.

The years prior to that certainly weren't enjoyable. I'm with Big Stall on this one - revisionist claptrap, it was the worst years of my 50+ years following the 'Well.

• Like 2

It took us 3 years to win it the first time around (for me) and it was still great fun. Much more entertaining than hovering around relegation for successive years.

However, even if we lose a player or two this window, I don't think we will be relegated.

Rose tinted nostalgia!

We all know plenty of Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Dundee United fans who tell us its not fun at all.

Not from my perspective. Visited lots of grounds I'd never been to before, stood on the terraces with my good mates from school and re-ignited the rivalry with my Accies supporting mates. Was much better than all our miserable relegation battles.

• Andy_P locked this topic