The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

It took us 3 years to win it the first time around (for me) and it was still great fun. Much more entertaining than hovering around relegation for successive years.

However, even if we lose a player or two this window, I don't think we will be relegated.

I don't think we'll get relegated either. However it looks like the gaffer is trying to build something that could have us in the top half of the table, not fighting off relegation continually.

Some people are getting carried away with the Marvin sale I think, absolutely no guarantee it will ever happen again. I for one would prefer to keep our most creative and industrious player we have

Agreed. I think that was great piece of business, but by no means a benchmark.

When considering risk v benefit of keeping Cadds for a development fee v selling before contract end, we can't guarantee we'll get £600k. Keeping him presents considerable risk.

Due to Marvin being a mercenary Englishman, the level of risk against a medium/long term deal of sell clauses is smaller. He came up here with the sole intention of climbing to a deal like the one he secured today.

The risk to Cadds being a long term success in England is statistically greater. The release and subsequent return of promising young Scots from English leagues is far greater than any of us would like. I remember reading an article about Jamie Murphy lamenting the fact that he is one of the few to have stuck it out and forge a career in England. Much will depend on the boys character and ambition. The club I'm sure will be able to factor this into their planning.

So in essence, it's a very tough call for the club. Either option is a gamble and I would wager that Cadds will go before contract end but won't be in this window.

I'm not even convinced Cadden wants to leave even if reasonable bid came in.

He seems quite happy to be developing in the first team at Fir Park every week and biding his time for the right move.

He's only 20, so no rush.

• Like 4

Given over the last few days it's become clear that Heneghan was the player generating the most interest, I'd hope that we have a replacement in mind and aren't relying on someone suitable getting released today. By the sounds of what Burrows was saying on twitter, we hope to get two in tonight. Given free agents can sign anytime, sounds like it's not necessarily the market we're looking at, at least initially...

• Andy_P locked this topic