The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

£400k for heneghan. Prob about right

Not spectacular but a healthy profit on what we put out on him.

Now use a bit to improve moultys contract , give him a £750k buy out and a small "wedge" on transfer completion to sweeten the deal and encourage him to sign a 2yr deal

Simples

I had slightly different figures but in principle that was what I was thinking

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

A fantastic day of business for Motherwell. Raked in a hefty sum in transfer fees and we've managed to recruit 2 experienced players that the manager knows well and seem a perfect fit for the club (this time last year McGhee was googling Luka Belic).

Moult signing an improved contract offer would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

Hopefully the guys coming in will both add something to the squad. I am certainly happy to have some more experience at centre half, even if I am not generally a fan of loan signings.

I do think that we did have to sell someone and Heneghan was probably at the height of his value. The club seemed to hang on for a bid that met their valuation, which also is nice to see.

There is no reason why the club cannot now sit down with Moult and his representatives and work out a deal which is good for both sides. If he stays healthy, he is away next year anyway. Why not get paid an extra grand a week and just concentrate on his football?

Great day of business today . Taken in approx 1M and squad not been weakened . Liked Grimshaw first time round and centre half in with experience . Much better balance to squad this season and competition for places all over the park . That keeps players on there toes . Overall very contented . Still think best bit of business was managing to hold our nerve re Moult . Losing his goals would have undermined a lot of the good business we have done

Good window for the club.

Think the squad is in good shape going forward and certainly much stronger than last year.

If we can keep everyone fit and healthy and settle on a formation / style of play that allows everyone to gel we could be in for a decent season.

Not sure if Louis will be minded to sign an extension but hopefully we have some spare cash to improve the one on the table and give him something to think about.

Fairly pleased with our dealings. I think financially we have done amazing and the club need to take plaudits for the Johnson deal and holding out for a fair amount for Heneghan. Whilst I want the club to be financially strong I care far more about what we see on the pitch. Grimshaw for me was a decent player first time round, think he has been hyped up to be a bit more than he was. He will be a bench player. Hartley looks like a decent capture albeit it a loan, boy has some decent experience. I would have really liked some Scottish boys signed as it seems to be a nearly fully English team now but just personal preference really. I'm hoping this boy Petravicius can step up as still think we lack a bit of an attacking threat.

No the best signing would rather Campbell got a game !!

The good thing about having a few guys like Grimshaw signing on 1yr deals is that manager can tell guys like Campbell "We want you to be taking that slot when Grimshaw moves on".

A good transfer window for us both playing wise and financially.

It certainly was. Moved on the dead wood and a number of the top earners. Drastically reduced the average age of the squad, recruited some power and pace, and pulled in some cash to balance to books and service the debt.

Just need to keep winning now.

The good thing about having a few guys like Grimshaw signing on 1yr deals is that manager can tell guys like Campbell "We want you to be taking that slot when Grimshaw moves on".

I'd have more respect for Robinson if he said to Campbell, "here son, brought in this guy who used to be the Man U youth team captain, he's got a few years on you but that counts for nothing with endeavour and drive. I want you to be toe to toe with him for a starting place. I have every confidence you're up to it. Go and prove it to me"

• Like 2

• Andy_P locked this topic