The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Once moult stops wearing claret & Amber i hope he goes on to have a long a successful career but I really don't care where he goes. I just want Motherwell to make as much money out of him as possible. Whether that be through a transfer fee or a cup run/league position. We're the Well fans, the players ain't, no matter how much they profess to love the club or fans. They move on and do the same at there next club. That's there job. Just enjoy the good ones while we have them. Then let it go.

That was probably an EBT payment so it did not count

After he was made to pay it back, the media reported that his deal was:

He also received a £175,000 signing-on fee and collected £5500 aweek in wages, as well as getting the use of a Jaguar company car

My perception was all fur coat and nae knickers.

If the accomplishments are binning the two bears and writing a surveymonkey questionnaire then I can understand why Flow may have parted company. Of course he could have walked.

Fan Engagement was always a funny term, if it was Fan Growth that is something better defining what maybe the club were looking for and measurable in terms of success.

I didn't see what he accomplished because I don't work in the Chapman Mon-Fri 9/5. In the same way I don't see players in training but often question why they are benched at the expense of someone else.

I suppose if the role is re-advertised then we have our answer.

It's a strange one - noticing social media he rarely seemed to be at the club in recent times.

I know people can do stuff outwith working hours, have time off, or work from home, but he seemed to be way up north, or way down south. Added to the disappearance from twitter for a while, which was his main conduit with the fans he was 'engaging' with, it all seems as if this may have been coming.

Although, as was said above, I don't work in the Chapman so don't know if he was there, and obviously don't know personal circumstances.

Came across as a bit arrogant, but was decent enough the couple of times I spoke to him. Good luck to him.

If the accomplishments are binning the two bears and writing a surveymonkey questionnaire then I can understand why Flow may have parted company. Of course he could have walked.

The club statement: "Ryan leaves with our best wishes for the future and is always welcome back at Fir Park" suggests that the club are quite happy with his contribution.

I know nothing about marketing but it seems like the kind of job we all think we can do. Which we can't.

• Like 2

I'm not saying Moult will do this but I always suspect that players in the last 6 months of a contract - who are not trying to win a new contract or have signed a pre contract - tend to down tools a bit as they try to protect themselves from injury which might stop them from getting a contract with another club. For this reason I believe it's best all round if we cash in and sell him in January.

I'm struggling to think of anyone who has really let us down like that. Sutton, Hutchy, Simo, Lasley were superb in their final months and even Ross McCormack and Skippy who are bams still showed a lot of commitment and contributed to third and staying up respectively.

Arguably Brian Kerr? But perhaps that could be qualified by the fact that many supporters were already underwhelmed by what he had brought to the team before it was announced by going to Hibs. How much damage those long term injuries did to him we can only speculate but there was a definite feeling he wasn't one who left it all on the pitch as it were.

Fair to say more give the effort than withdraw labour, one that comes to mind is' Pearson - did not give an ounce of effort even when Butcher still picked him, and I dont believe (even more so with hindsight) he would kick a ball for any team after deciding his future was elsewhere.

thankfully Moult is in a different person from him on so many levels , hopefuly he can get the rewards from football pearson did

Terry Butcher had made strenuous efforts to retain Pearson at Fir Park but finally agreed to the transfer, believing the player had "emotionally and contractually" left the club.

"We have very reluctantly accepted an offer of £350,000, " said chairman Bill Dickie.

"Initially, Celtic offered £250,000, but that was wholly unacceptable.

"Although the offer was increased, we still feel it is substantially below the true value of the player and we were perfectly prepared to leave the matter to a tribunal.

"However, after extensive discussions with Terry Butcher, it became clear he did not have any confidence in Stephen Pearson being ready and willing to meet the challenges that will lie ahead at Fir Park until the end of the season.

Does anyone know if we're still budgeting for 10th place, no cup run and no player sale? Was just thinking we'll be on track for a very profitable year so far surely.

I'd imagine so. Our budget for the current year would have been set out well before the start of the season. We're having a good cup run; attendances are well up; we'll have 3 home games against the gruesome twosome; we'll have the Celtic euro money; and we've picked up a wee bit in transfer fees. All good news. However (there's always a but) the reroofing of the John Hunter Stand will have been costly, bonus payments will be up this season; we may have had to pay off a few ex members of staff (eg Mark McGhee and Jacob Blyth; and youth Development costs may well be rising.

I'd imagine so. Our budget for the current year would have been set out well before the start of the season. We're having a good cup run; attendances are well up; we'll have 3 home games against the gruesome twosome; we'll have the Celtic euro money; and we've picked up a wee bit in transfer fees. All good news. However (there's always a but) the reroofing of the John Hunter Stand will have been costly, bonus payments will be up this season; we may have had to pay off a few ex members of staff (eg Mark McGhee and Jacob Blyth; and youth Development costs may well be rising.

I heard through the grapevine that it was done for minimal cost in exchange for Commercial advertising. Could be way off the mark.

We received funding from the Scottish Football Partnership for the replacement of the roof. Further details at the link below:

http://www.thescottishfootballpartnership.com/facilities-award-for-motherwell-f-c-2/

I'm sure this is just a new name for a body that's been around for years, possibly not long after the Taylor Report.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

At today's game, it was being discussed how Andy Rose has taken his time but has won over most of the support. Craig Tanner was also mentioned, as someone who in the first few games looked like he'd be a key player but who has struggled to stay in the team (despite good performances at Easter Road and against Partick). And Dunne's poor performance today didn't go unnoticed.

Got me thinking, we've had 15 games now. Enough time to fairly judge the players?

For me

GOOD

Hartley

Carson

Rose

Kipré

JURY'S OUT

Bigirimana

Tanner

Fisher

UNIMPRESSIVE

Dunne

Guys like Petravicius, Plummer and Newell haven't had enough time to judge them (although you could say the same about Fisher).

Carson and Hartley have been really impressive. Kipré has shown potential but clearly has a mistake in him. Rose is now starting to show his worth.

Bigirimana and Tanner have probably suffered from the form of Rose and Campbell. Both have shown good touches, have scored goals and provided assists but you wonder if they're not physical enough for the way we're playing at the moment.

Dunne has had good moments and he's been unfairly treated by referees on occasion but has consistently looked like the weak link. Plummer clearly can't be showing much in training if he can't get a shot ahead of him.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

• Andy_P locked this topic