The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Robinson is Levien with an Ulster accent. Creativity is not required.

Well for starters Robinson has already out performed Levein by getting to a national cup final. He also isn't an utter self righteous prick. I'd say we are doing all right for creating quite a few chances under his management.

Ridiculous comparison and ridiculous post.

• Like 3

Again, just based from comments earlier in the season, I think Frear and Bigi were lined up for regular first team starts and Tanner was going to be favoured ahead of Bowman (who Robinson said came into the pre-season as 4th choice striker).

The problem for all those guys is that we have been picking up points without them. I'd still like to see more of them, though.

All three of them are players I like and that I feel have something to offer. But if our formations of choice are 352 or recently 4312, I don't see where any of them get a starting spot.

Bigirimana has been sidelined by the good form of Rose and Campbell. The fact that Grimshaw now seems to have moved ahead of him in the race for a midfield spot means he's 5th choice for a starting midfield place. Is he physical enough for our style of hounding the opposition midfield?

Tanner, I think is a great player. Could he play as the 1 in a 4312 against lesser teams? Then where do you play Cadden? Or is it time to give Tanner another shot as second striker given Bowman's form has tailed off a bit thanks a bit to the semi furore. Robinson certainly seems to rate him so I think we'll be trying to find a way to get him into the team without weakening the overall shape.

Frear is a winger. Where he fits unless we play 433 (442 or 451 would be suicide), I'm not sure. We are missing the balance he offers on the left so would like to see him in the team but both Cadden and Tait deserve their starting spots on current form.

I'm not criticising any of the three players or Robinson and it's a refreshing change to have options on the bench but if Bigirimana can't even make the bench and we have the likes of Ross MacLean in a similar position, could his wages be better spent elsewhere? Central defence where we have less cover?

Good headache to have but nonetheless a headache...

Has Bigi played for us on a Sunday yet? Did he appear in the semi? I cant remember.

Amid all of the suspician as to why he didnt play v Rangers in the first game of the season, was one of the suggestions not that his religeon didnt allow him to work Sundays?

Of course this was just one of the many rumours i read on here and may be as accurate as the one about him having aids.

Has Bigi played for us on a Sunday yet? Did he appear in the semi? I cant remember.

Amid all of the suspician as to why he didnt play v Rangers in the first game of the season, was one of the suggestions not that his religeon didnt allow him to work Sundays?

Of course this was just one of the many rumours i read on here and may be as accurate as the one about him having aids.

He played in the semi

Is he physical enough for our style of hounding the opposition midfield?

Robinson said pretty much that about 6 weeks ago. He needed more physicality from him.

Strange one - Robinson hailed him as a major coup when he arrived. I can see why. He had a decent amount of premiership game time a few years ago and just 6 months ago scored in the football league trophy in front of 75'000 folk.

He made a comment in the last press conference about players who came in the summer getting right up to speed quickly - "some more so than others". I wondered if Bigi was who he was referring to.

Tanner as a second striker didn't work at all in Dingwall.

Tanner does better playing off a striker than beside one, I think.

Having said that, it took Bowman a while to make his mark, so no reason Tanner can't step up the same way.

I hear on the grapevine that one or two players might be moving on in January. No names but midfield seems to be the area in question...

Not as simple as Ross MacLean and David Turnbull out on loan for experience if they've been unable to breakthrough?

Go on then...

Wouldn't surprise me to see a couple moved out on loan or sold. Bigi, MacLean and Fisher are 3 who probably expected to playing more regularly.

Agreed. Add to their names those of Plummer and Newell, and you have the basis for some readjustment of the squad.

Or is it time to give Tanner another shot as second striker given Bowman's form has tailed off a bit thanks a bit to the semi furore. Robinson certainly seems to rate him so I think we'll be trying to find a way to get him into the team without weakening the overall shape.

Tanner as a second striker didn't work at all in Dingwall.

Tanner and another striker doesn't work.

It leaves the other striker far too isolated. I agree Tanner looks a very good player technically.

• Like 1

Agreed. Add to their names those of Plummer and Newell, and you have the basis for some readjustment of the squad.

Newell has been injured for the last couple months, I believe had to get go for an operation which is why he hasn't featured in any squads let alone the under 20s. Plummer has been fit but perhaps hasn't had the desired impact they thought when he signed.

Go on then...

Wouldn't surprise me to see a couple moved out on loan or sold. Bigi, MacLean and Fisher are 3 who probably expected to playing more regularly.

All I know is that a player on the fringe of things has been told not to worry as there are likely to be players moving on in January...
  • Like 1

Had a nice chat with one of the club directors on Sunday who suggested they are hopeful of a bid or more for Louis Moult in January as the massive sell on would be our best way of getting some money from the deal.

Not unsurprising really.

So who do we want to replace him???!!!

Reckon that may give Fisher his chance to stake a claim in the side, along with someone new coming in hopefully.

I think it'd be a shame to let Bigi go as a) there's obviously a player in there somewhere if somebody can coax it out of him and b) we'll likely lose at least one of Cadden and Campbell in the near future. Wonder if a six month loan might help reduce the wage bill whilst still getting him regular football.

• Andy_P locked this topic