The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Nobody had a clue who Moult was when we brought him in.

All we need to do is the same again.

(This scouting lark is a doddle).

That's not true, I did. Got a text from my mate from Stoke saying "I hear you've just signed a guy I play 5's with?" :lol:

• Like 3

Its clear that we need Moult to score goals. I don't know what our scoring record is when he hasn't played but suspect its not that impressive.

Posted on P&B yesterday but I was looking at this and we've not scored a goal in the last 5 league matches Moult hasn't played.

In the 10 league games over the last two seasons, Moult hasn't started, ie came on as a sub, or didn't feature at all, we've scored 6 goals when he's not been on the pitch.

Not great then.

Our (very apparent) problem is that we have 2 Ryan Bowman's. We have Bowman when he plays with Moult and can look a handful. The we have Bowman without Moult and he doesn't look like he's ever played football before.

If Moult does go, then we need to be looking at signing a minimum of 2 strikers.

• Like 2

Turning on my cynical hat here but could the injury to Moult be inflated to ensure he's sidelined and comes to a new employer (deal maybe already agreed) without any possibility of being unavailable?

Just saying there may be more to this.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

You could be spot on as heard fee agreed and its a lot more that you would expect with being out of contract in summer and if correct hes London bound

Are Chelsea and spurs recruiting for the last 16 of the champions league then, or is he Europa league bound with Arsenal ? Or maybe Craig Clay has put a word in for him at Orient ?

Turning on my cynical hat here but could the injury to Moult be inflated to ensure he's sidelined and comes to a new employer (deal maybe already agreed) without any possibility of being unavailable?

I think he'll be making a farewell appearance at the Accies game.

No sure I would go that far but from the snippets Ive heard third hand, I get the impression a deal was all but agreed after the semi.

Now the sun are tweeting about it, Preston are the only club who I have heard about making a bid

https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/940348485987074049

Now the sun are tweeting about it, Preston are the only club who I have heard about making a bid

Would make sense if Preston are in for him given that Alex Neil is the gaffer there.

Plus, if Moult didn't want to relocate his family, it's not too far away. Much closer than Brighton was for McGhee.

Come January my shopping list would be (in order):

1./ Replacement for Moult regardless if he leaves then or not

2./ Tie up Hartley

3./ Bring in Defensive cover

4./ Encourage McHugh to find his form

5./ Determine if Plummer is first team material

6./ Ask Santa to gift some extra composure to Kipre and Dunne

You would hope there would be a little cash with the cup run to make a 50k punt here or a 100k punt there like we did with Moult and Marvin, look how that panned out.

A couple of things seem to result in a good ROI in the current environment and are easily marketable are speed, workrate and as always ... goals. Technique sadly is not so important.

• Like 1

Come January my shopping list would be (in order):

1./ Replacement for Moult regardless if he leaves then or not

2./ Tie up Hartley

3./ Bring in Defensive cover

4./ Encourage McHugh to find his form

5./ Determine if Plummer is first team material

6./ Ask Santa to gift some extra composure to Kipre and Dunne

You would hope there would be a little cash with the cup run to make a 50k punt here or a 100k punt there like we did with Moult and Marvin, look how that panned out.

A couple of things seem to result in a good ROI in the current environment and are easily marketable are speed, workrate and as always ... goals. Technique sadly is not so important.

Id agree with all that.

• Andy_P locked this topic