The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

500K seems to make a bit of sense as a trigger point when you take into account a sell on to Wrexham (10-25% depending where you read) and then the money back to pay debt from the remaining fee (80% from memory) leaving us something like £75 - 100k to reinvest in the team.

Whatever the fee, or if he stays until May and leaves for free, Moult will go with my good wishes - what a player for us.

Interesting Robinson is saying we made Moult the best offer any player has had at this club in the last 15-20years. Im assuming its best post admin contract offer.

We have obviously tried our best but we cant compete with a combination of ambition, family wanting to go down south and cold hard cash.

When he goes he goes with best wishes. What a player he has been for us. Certainly will make it easier for us to stomach if he is plying his trade in England rather than pulling on a Rangers/ Aberdeen shirt.

Interesting Robinson is saying we made Moult the best offer any player has had at this club in the last 15-20years. Im assuming its best post admin contract offer.

We have obviously tried our best but we cant compete with a combination of ambition, family wanting to go down south and cold hard cash.

When he goes he goes with best wishes. What a player he has been for us. Certainly will make it easier for us to stomach if he is plying his trade in England rather than pulling on a Rangers/ Aberdeen shirt.

Yeah interesting line on best paid players, presumably the Board or Burrows have provided that information. Must have been a very decent offer when you consider the likes of Porter, Hughes, Law and Randolph were presumably on very decent money (albeit a fair chunk of that would be down to bonuses for the latter 2).

We brought Moult in (as we do with many players) on the promise this can act as a springboard to bigger things. Not to mention lining our own pockets too.

I don't fault our Board for doing everything to keep him. It stops fans from moaning we didn't try, and it may even bump up his value when/if concrete offers are made.

Equally, I don't fault Moult for moving on. He has more than kept his side of the deal, and even though everyone knew he'd be gone by summer, he has been completely professional in the way he handled speculation on and off the pitch.

If any player ever needs a lesson on how to manage their departure from a club, this is it.

• Like 4

If we can get £500k plus a hefty sell on fee in January we have to take it. We have known this day was coming for some time so I trust Robbo has a couple of targets lined up as a replacement. Be sad to see Louis go but he deserves the chance to show what he can do at a higher level. If he keeps showing the same attitude and desire he should do very well. He will leave us with some great memories and be welcome back any time. He will also be a fantastic advert for what Motherwell FC can offer as a springboard for similarly ambitious young players!

• Like 1

Stephen Robinson confirming in his internal pre-match interview that we got £500k for Louis. Obviously sad to see him go but thats a great bit of business for a player with 6 months left on his deal.

That is some cracking business. To keep him for the first half of the season thenget a transfer fee (with add-ons) is way more than I expected would could get.

I actually don't mind Willie Miller. I'm much happier to listen to someone who is open about their allegiances - then you can judge it for what it is.

Much worse are the pundits who pretend they support less fashionable teams then spout OF-love repeatedly.

• Like 1

I actually don't mind Willie Miller. I'm much happier to listen to someone who is open about their allegiances - then you can judge it for what it is.

Much worse are the pundits who pretend they support less fashionable teams then spout OF-love repeatedly.

I cant think who you are talking about?

Ho ho ho, ho ho ho! Here I am standing here, which is where I am, over there!

I cant think who you are talking about?

Ho ho ho, ho ho ho! Here I am standing here, which is where I am, over there!

Maybe....

Then there's the "Airdrie" fan that runs the PR machine at Ibrox.

It's no coincidence that guys like Ian Archer (Partick Thistle fan), Richard Park (Raith Rovers fan) and the guys on Off the Ball (to name a few) offer a much more entertaining view on things. Partly because they are biased towards their own clubs, and partly because they are open about it.

I don't mind Willie Miller either. In a world of Keith Jacksons, Derek Johnstones, Hugh Keevins, Murdo Macleods, Pat Bonners.....

Derek Johnstone is the utter pits. A buffoon of a man of the highest order.

I actually turn my tranny off if he comes on. The most biased one sided apologist in history. I remember one weekend of an old firm game on Clyde someone asked him his thoughts on the rest of the games that weekend. His answer was, I dont even know who else is is playing this weekend, there only one game on. I actually almost self combusted. Fat wank.

• Andy_P locked this topic