The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I'll never forget the two-second silence at Ibrox as his shot rasped delightfully down the knots in the net to make it 1-3 after that great counter attack.

Maybe you don't remember it as well as you think...

• Like 2

Ainsworth would be amazing if we could sign him on a 6 week rolling contract and hed always be playing for a new one.

As much as I liked him and he gave us some great moments, for weeks and months at a time he was anonymous and lazy.

Yep, wonderful one minute then you did not realise he was still on the field the rest of the game. His influence on games was incredibly limited most of the time but he could always impress just enough because of his undoubted technical ability. Along with McDonald a tinge of sadness when they left but still the realisation we needed others that would benefit the team moving forward.

Aye Alex Fisher is constantly pinging them in from 30 yards right enough.

Point missed I think, but if you reckon the odd good goal / performance by Ainsworth followed by weeks and months of him doing Peter Brady impressions when he played was a good return then fair enough, but as he is no longer a well player who cares

With the Greek keeper signed on a short term deal and now possibly Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem I am guessing most of the replica keeper tops sold will say Carson

An interesting one. I'll be more than happy if he turns out to be nothing special but 100% reliable, dependable and solid, making only very rare mistakes. In other words a good mid table Premiership player. Just the sort we lack and which we need.

Although we're going through a bad spell just now we need to take a bigger view. We had a huge rebuild in the summer with a lot of new players coming in. Our tough schedule has meant that many of them have been put under the microscope moreso than usual. Some have done well, sone not so well, but thats only natural for a rebuild. Other things being equal I reckon it'll take Robbo about 3 years to get the squad he wants, so given our achievements this season so far, as another poster said to me recently, we're ahead of schedule.

Next month will be a big month for us and I'm sure there'll be a few squad changes. I know the club has a few irons in the fire, no doubt including a few surprising ones, if past dealings are anything to go by. Players could also leave. A critical issue will be who we bring in to replace Louis Moult. We aren't awash with cash but do have some. That might make squad adjustments a bit easier.

• Like 1

Although we're going through a bad spell just now we need to take a bigger view. We had a huge rebuild in the summer with a lot of new players coming in. Our tough schedule has meant that many of them have been put under the microscope moreso than usual. Some have done well, sone not so well, but thats only natural for a rebuild. Other things being equal I reckon it'll take Robbo about 3 years to get the squad he wants, so given our achievements this season so far, as another poster said to me recently, we're ahead of schedule.

Next month will be a big month for us and I'm sure there'll be a few squad changes. I know the club has a few irons in the fire, no doubt including a few surprising ones, if past dealings are anything to go by. Players could also leave. A critical issue will be who we bring in to replace Louis Moult. We aren't awash with cash but do have some. That might make squad adjustments a bit easier.

Surely we have a very decent amount of funds? Ok I know only a small portion goes on new signings but we must be in a better position than we have been for some time.

Robinson has 3 months, not 3 years. Another round like the last one and we will be battling relegation and the club cannot be relegated. That's not even my personal opinion but a copper bottomed fact. 2 wins in 18 and he'd be out of a job.

The two matches against Accies will be huge. Not getting 3 points in the league would be bad enough but if we were to lose the cup match I think you are going to see a major shift in supporter attitude. He has to improve starting tomorrow night or it is only going to get more and more difficult to get out of this rut. In fact 'improve' only hints at what he has to do, we could technically improve and still be in big trouble.

We need a defender, a creative midfielder and a goalscorer so I hope Robinson has a good contact book and some of the cash brought in recently.

The two matches against Accies will be huge. Not getting 3 points in the league would be bad enough but if we were to lose the cup match I think you are going to see a major shift in supporter attitude. He has to improve starting tomorrow night or it is only going to get more and more difficult to get out of this rut. In fact 'improve' only hints at what he has to do, we could technically improve and still be in big trouble.

We need a defender, a creative midfielder and a goalscorer so I hope Robinson has a good contact book and some of the cash brought in recently.

The injuries to Cadden and to a lesser extent Frear is a blow to the squad and means that our avenues fro an outball are severely limited. We also have a toothless strikeforce. Given that its going to be difficult to score against Sevco and Accies. I think most fans accept that. Thats going to impact greatly on our chances of winning or even drawing these matches.

The Accies cup game is a different situation altogther. If we can bring in a striker or two preferably without losing Cadden or Kipre, then we stand a good chance of progressing. We'll have 3 weeks or so after the break to bring in a goalscorer or maybe him plus another striker. If we can't secure one until late in the window then that changes things.

I think most fans are being patient and understand that things will improve but if our run of poor form extends into February some may become restless. Moult's replacement will be crucial.

Robinson has 3 months, not 3 years. Another round like the last one and we will be battling relegation and the club cannot be relegated. That's not even my personal opinion but a copper bottomed fact. 2 wins in 18 and he'd be out of a job.

Id agree with this.

Theres no denying Moult is our talisman and a fantastic striker and whilst without him its no surprise weve lost our edge, but surely we should still look like we know where the goal is and not completely collapse!

Im quite surprised many fans seem to have accepted well just stumble through December losing virtually every game because theres no Moult!

Or striking options in Bowman and Fisher at the moment with Moult out are embarrassing and simply not up to it to the extent that young guys miles out their depth have been thrown in to try and save us.

Id agree with this.

Theres no denying Moult is our talisman and a fantastic striker and whilst without him its no surprise weve lost our edge, but surely we should still look like we know where the goal is and not completely collapse!

Im quite surprised many fans seem to have accepted well just stumble through December losing virtually every game because theres no Moult!

Or striking options in Bowman and Fisher at the moment with Moult out are embarrassing and simply not up to it to the extent that young guys miles out their depth have been thrown in to try and save us.

I think most fans are being understanding because they realise there has been a lot more going on than just Moult being out.

The amount of effort it took just to get to the cup final let alone play in it ahouldnt be underestimated. We followed that with a really punishing schedule so its no surprise there has been fall out from that period culminating in all the injuries we have had.

To be without your 5 best players is always going to show up in results.

Yet, throughout this run there have still been plenty positives to give the fans hope going forward.

The team spirit is still in tact, there have been some decent performances and Tanner and Bigi have stepped out of the shadows to show they have something to offer.

Yes we need our injured players back. Yes we need a replacement for Moult but talk of Robinson being sacked is way off the mark given what he has had to contend with the last 2 months.

• Like 3

I think most fans are being understanding because they realise there has been a lot more going on than just Moult being out.

The amount of effort it took just to get to the cup final let alone play in it ahouldnt be underestimated. We followed that with a really punishing schedule so its no surprise there has been fall out from that period culminating in all the injuries we have had.

To be without your 5 best players is always going to show up in results.

Yet, throughout this run there have still been plenty positives to give the fans hope going forward.

The team spirit is still in tact, there have been some decent performances and Tanner and Bigi have stepped out of the shadows to show they have something to offer.

Yes we need our injured players back. Yes we need a replacement for Moult but talk of Robinson being sacked is way off the mark given what he has had to contend with the last 2 months.

Thats fair enough actually.

Im more than happy/willing to see other viewpoints also.

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic