The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Yhats why Im amazed if we let Moult go only to be replaced by a worse Alex Fisher!

Surely we allowed the transfer after looking at loan targets and setting something up? Or is that too much like common sense?

Robinson has stated on a few occasions there were targets lined up to replace Moult. Of course, that chat started in the summer, so some targets may not be available this window.

I'd be fine with a quality loan if it means we get our main target in the summer.

• Like 1

Yes, there are exceptions, of course there are, but the overall trend is ever downwards. For every diamond there's an awful lot of dross who can't seem to get even the basics right, you know, like passing to a team mate. My worry is that it's ever more of a lottery trying to find those occasional gems (or to develop our own through the youth system before the big boys from League One snaffle them for their reserve team bench) and it's not like we're the only ones out there digging.

You can keep saying this, but it isn't true.

Facts are that: Attendances are rising, and further money is coming into the game, two points you appear to have skipped now.

You can argue the overall quality of player if you like, but in my time watching Motherwell; there's been some good players, there's been some bad ones. Same as everyone else across the league. I'd argue that Campbell, Cadden and MacLean are three of the best prospects we've brought through together since McFadden/Pearson/Lasley/Clarkson. All three are great to watch, with commitment, ability and enthusiasm, for me.

We've been in the top flight since what, the mid 80s? And the most success we've had was 1991, 94/95 and under McCall? And yet;

I’ve supported Motherwell for over 50 years, and through all the highs and lows at least I always felt that there was hope for the future, that our time would come, and go, and come again. And at least there was something worth watching on the park, most weeks.

I don't mean to be getting at you particularly, but it's just the same moan that every football fan in Scotland over 50 seems to have, whether as editors of papers or a moaners in the pub, 'It was brilliant before, not now!', it's pretty boring from them, and it's pretty boring here too.

Agree completely with this, we should be looking at young players from epl clubs on loan

That was the market we did well with in the past ie juke and Blackman etc

Whilst it sounds great in theory, these deals generate income for the players employers... Id wager going quality over quantity at this level still outweighs current budget restraint.

Mains agent did a good job of his Wikipedia page

According to Mowbray, Main "came here on trial and trained with the youth team and you could see the power and speed he's got. His finishing with both feet is breathtaking at times. Whether the ball drops to his right foot or left foot, he doesn't hesitate. ... Physicality isn't going to be an issue for Curtis throughout his career. He's a boy who spends a lot of time looking after his physique and he's very, very strong."

Mains agent did a good job of his Wikipedia page

According to Mowbray, Main "came here on trial and trained with the youth team and you could see the power and speed he's got. His finishing with both feet is breathtaking at times. Whether the ball drops to his right foot or left foot, he doesn't hesitate. ... Physicality isn't going to be an issue for Curtis throughout his career. He's a boy who spends a lot of time looking after his physique and he's very, very strong."

Link to the story and quotes, from 2013, here: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/298678/Middlesbrough-boss-Tony-Mowbray-hails-breathtaking-Curtis-Main

Seems the lad has made a very promising start to his career then lost his way a bit...sounds familiar to a departing superstar.

• Like 1

Seemingly we are interested in the Lithuanian ( cannot remember his name) from Hibs that is being released, according to my Hibs friends he never got the chance at Hibs apart from a couple of subs appearances.

Think its Dievyidas Matulevicius some chat on BBC a few weeks ago that he did not appear to be in Lennon's plans, so might be some truth in it.

Another forward from league one being linked - this one with a better scoring record than the Portsmouth forward

Maybe were going to go down the baraclough route and sign a bunch of them. He is statistically a better manager, so we should probably follow his methods.

• Andy_P locked this topic