The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Kipre has had teams watching but don't think any offers been made, but even if Hartley signed they still wanted another defender on top of that as well so maybe getting Heneghan on loan is an added bonus as it wouldnt cost us much.

Three right footed central defenders, one we want to develop to sell, one who is very much a first pick and someone the club has targeted for a while and someone coming in on loan for game time. None of them look like candidates for a backup role...

If we bring Heneghan back on loan, I'll assume that the Hartley deal has fallen through or we're selling Kipré...

Robinson has said he wants cover at the centre of defence, so it doesn't have to mean that. I think he wants to persist with a back 3, and that means Hartley, Kipre and Dunne. Any one of them is out and we're back to having to play McHugh as a defender.

Wouldnt be too bothered without either striker or both as Main seems to be quite physical and fast something the other 2 dont have and could well bring out that potential he had for us and Gaffney seems to be able to put the ball in the back of the net. However I would like to see someone a bit more clinically proven but its hard transfer window to find that so lets just hope we sign the right players - quality over quantity.

Robinson has said he wants cover at the centre of defence, so it doesn't have to mean that. I think he wants to persist with a back 3, and that means Hartley, Kipre and Dunne. Any one of them is out and we're back to having to play McHugh as a defender.

A few rumours going about on Saturday that Leeds are allegedly thinking about a bid for Kipre, figure quoted was 800k, if true I don't think the club would think too long about closing the deal.

Rory Gaffney from Bristol Rovers?

Seen earlier on the Bristol Rovers forum that he was one of 3 that Rovers have knocked back bids for so far this window. Motherwell were listed against Gaffney as being one of those.

This on Curtis Main posted today

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/striker-poised-to-depart-pompey-1-8313891

Curtis Main is poised to leave Pompey.
NEIL ALLEN
Email
Published: 10:45
Updated: 10:58
Curtis Main is poised to leave Pompey.
The striker has struggled to break into Kenny Jackett's side this season and is being monitored by Motherwell.
Main's Fratton Park departure could be sealed by mutual agreement - enabling him to then move to Scotland as a free agent.
The 25-year-old featured for nine minutes as a substitute against Bristol Rovers on New Year's Day in what could prove to be his final Blues outing.
Signed by Paul Cook in July 2016 for an undisclosed fee from Doncaster, Main has made 23 appearances and scored five goals for Pompey.
His first campaign was blighted by injury, while this term he has featured only nine times.

A few rumours going about on Saturday that Leeds are allegedly thinking about a bid for Kipre, figure quoted was 800k, if true I don't think the club would think too long about closing the deal.

Its amazing what the right background will get you. £800k isnt at all surprising considering Kipre left PSG at 16 for £100k and was highly rated. Plus then came thro a premiership academy with Leicester. In the grand scheme of things,MFC will be seen as a skidmark on his career (small and mainly insignificant) Its pretty much the same as him still being a Leicester player and on loan to us, expect now WE will recoup the fee

Cant link tweets on my phone but thats Flow tweeted to say hes delighted to get Main in and hes the first of several new faces this window with the next hopefully not too far off.

Another 2 or 3 to come in then it seems.

• Like 1

Cant link tweets on my phone but thats Flow tweeted to say hes delighted to get Main in and hes the first of several new faces this window with the next hopefully not too far off.

Another 2 or 3 to come in then it seems.

When Burrows says several, Id suggest another 4 or 5 to provide competition for places.

Good luck to Main. Has played at a good level in years gone by so hopefully we can get best out of him.

It's maybe just the blonde hair and stocky build but to me he sounds vaguely Ojamaa-ish.

Even before reading this comment, I thought his playing style in some of the video clips looked similar to Ojamma. Let's hope he's more like the original signing rather than the disappointing return Henrik.

• Andy_P locked this topic