The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Anyone else reckon we should just give that boy a contract purely for the exposure, look how much attention it's gained already, tap into the Indian market, a fan base of potentially 1.3 billion, whether it be buying a top, going to a game, buying any merchandise, I'm sure there is more to it than that of course.

Bored in work.

I see Dheeraj Singh has come over on trial. I hope he is great. Build up an army of a billion fans oversee and rub it in the OF fans face.

That's the sorta thing they do init? Crowd wank about overseas supporters.

Singh when we're winning

Goan yirsel

My Naan could do better

(I'm bored at work too)

• Like 2

Anyone else reckon we should just give that boy a contract purely for the exposure, look how much attention it's gained already, tap into the Indian market, a fan base of potentially 1.3 billion, whether it be buying a top, going to a game, buying any merchandise, I'm sure there is more to it than that of course.

Head says yes, heart says nah. Globalization is great and all, but when it comes to fitba', I'm firmly in the old-fashioned "local teams for local people" camp.

Think you'll find that if that was to happen, they'd be a dozen sweatshops staffed with 6 year olds, knocking out fake tops by the million.

Didnt think Id be saying this after the first 5-6 games of the season but has Charles Dunne played enough games to trigger his contract extension yet? Hes been excellent since the break and Id be more than happy if he signed a longer deal.

• Like 1

I always liked Dunne, and given his time out of the game, was happy to let him find his feet. I'm old school when it comes to defenders.

You can coach passing and ball retention into a player, but you can't coach big and fast.

• Like 2

I always liked Dunne, and given his time out of the game, was happy to let him find his feet. I'm old school when it comes to defenders.

You can coach passing and ball retention into a player, but you can't coach big and fast.

I think people also forget he was just coming back from a long time out through injury when he joined. Always takes time to get back to your best after a long time out.

What really impresses about Dunne is his ability to step in and nick the ball away from forwards as they receive a pass.

He did it at one point, out of position on the right of the centre circle, and then played a lovely little dink over the head of a Dundee player to the feet of our guy on the right. Really coming onto a game.

What really impresses about Dunne is his ability to step in and nick the ball away from forwards as they receive a pass.

He did it at one point, out of position on the right of the centre circle, and then played a lovely little dink over the head of a Dundee player to the feet of our guy on the right. Really coming onto a game.

Almost Brian Martinesque

I never liked him, though he was a complete liability and very limited technically but I must admit hes proving me wrong so fair play to the guy.

Same as a few here. Dunne was top of my shouldn't be in the team list not long ago.

However, he's on great run of form now - keeping it simple, using his speed and strength smartly and actually making some decent passes rather than launching them like a rocket. Long may it continue!

Just goes to show that what we see during a game is not always what the coaching staff see day in day out that justifies the manager selecting a guy for a game.

It also shows that regardless of the dozens of times that it happens at our club alone, some fans never want to give a new player a chance.

Wenger says it takes 6 months for a player to adapt to a new league. The East Stand reckons 1 game is sufficient.

• Andy_P locked this topic