The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I thought he was unable to sign for anyone else this season because he has already played for Charlton and that Belgian mob?

I seen someone mention elsewhere that there is a reason hes played for 8 clubs in 9 years, meaning that he is clearly a heid-the-baw, however that can be flipped on its head as well, as there have obviously been 8 clubs impressed enough with his footballing ability to give him a contract. You'd like to think the penny will drop for him one day, and he'll realise the chances given to him will eventually run out.

On 14/02/2018 at 6:30 AM, Goggles & Flippers said:

I can only assume Craig Brown had a glory hole in his office with him on the other end.

I think it's more likely to have been a brown enveloupe situation  with the now deceased, drug dealing, paedo agent from  Troon.

To be fair though Esteban was ten times the player of Blyth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Herald is listing all the Premiership players out of contract at the end of the season.

Free at the end of the season

Ours are:

• Andy Rose - Have a feeling he'll be here next season
  • Liam Grimshaw - Probably gone
    • Ryan Bowman - Would like to see him here next season
    • Deimantas Petravicius - Gone?
    • Charles Dunne - Would think he is here, was there not mention of an extension on games played?
    • Russell Griffiths - I would think he's away
    • Ellis Plummer - Ditto, too injury prone 
    • Shea Gordon - No idea, seemed to be around the first team then disappeared, has this been due to injuries?  
    • George Newell - Jury out? Robinson seems happy to have him on the bench when fit.
    • Luke Watt - No idea.
    • Loan deals ending:
    • Stephen Hendrie (Southend), I imagine will be returned,
    • Nadir Ciftci (Celtic) Same as Hendrie, unless released on a free and willing to take a wage cut,
    • Tom Aldred (Bury) would love to see if we could do something to keep him.

The Herald is listing all the Premiership players out of contract at the end of the season.
Free at the end of the season
Ours are:
  • Andy Rose - Have a feeling he'll be here next season
  • Liam Grimshaw - Probably gone
    • Ryan Bowman - Would like to see him here next season
    • Deimantas Petravicius - Gone?
    • Charles Dunne - Would think he is here, was there not mention of an extension on games played?
    • Russell Griffiths - I would think he's away
    • Ellis Plummer - Ditto, too injury prone 
    • Shea Gordon - No idea, seemed to be around the first team then disappeared, has this been due to injuries?  
    • George Newell - Jury out? Robinson seems happy to have him on the bench when fit.
    • Luke Watt - No idea.
    • Loan deals ending:
    • Stephen Hendrie (Southend), I imagine will be returned,
    • Nadir Ciftci (Celtic) Same as Hendrie, unless released on a free and willing to take a wage cut,
    • Tom Aldred (Bury) would love to see if we could do something to keep him.
Bowman, Dunne, Aldred and possibly Newell would hopefully be the ones to stay.

I think Rose will go, is his wife not over in USA?

Bit concerned that Dunne chat over triggering a contract extension seems to have died away, not something you think would have worried us a few months ago but does now!!

I think Cedric will go at end of season, if we don't get Aldred and Dunne tied down leaves us with Pete and another rebuild, mind you the last one hasn't worked out too bad !

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Weve been used to rebuild after rebuild the last few years so its actually refreshing that the out of contract list only has a handful of first team regulars.

Credit to the club for getting the core of the team tied down on longer contracts. 

I've seen the "requires to play a number of games" clause referred to in terms of the second year for Dunne a few times but can't  actually find any reference to that kind of stipulation.

The report on the official site simply says...

After passing a medical and having trained with the club for two weeks, Dunne has signed a one-year deal with the opportunity for a second year.

Given previous injury concerns - and the fact he was proving his fitness as much as ability in his trial - such a stipulation wouldn't seem unreasonable to put in a contract.

That all said there may well be an argument given his increasingly impressive performances that a new longer term contract reflecting his displays would be more appropriate than any second year follow on.

20 hours ago, Andy_P said:

I've seen the "requires to play a number of games" clause referred to in terms of the second year for Dunne a few times but can't  actually find any reference to that kind of stipulation.

The report on the official site simply says...

Given previous injury concerns - and the fact he was proving his fitness as much as ability in his trial - such a stipulation wouldn't seem unreasonable to put in a contract.

That all said there may well be an argument given his increasingly impressive performances that a new longer term contract reflecting his displays would be more appropriate than any second year follow on.

I haven't seen it anywhere either. That many poeple have mentioned he said it somewhere though ...

Edited by Busta Nut
sausage fingers

My Link

Be warned it is the sun, it was at the bottom of a story about Moult

Meanwhile, Well defender Charles Dunne revealed  he hopes to trigger a one-year contract extension.

He said: “I signed for one year but another year will kick in when I’ve played a certain amount of games — and I only have a few more to go.”

That was in December, so something might have changed since then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

The clause might not kick in until we are safe from relegation.

That would surely be sensible.

Never seen anything saying it only kicks in after we're safe from relegation, think it's purely on the number of games played. That makes sense though, as him playing in a certain number of games would mean that he's stayed fit, and that the manager has been picking him.

22 goals this season but not many of them against full time Championship teams. His record with Hearts in the Premiership was terrible.

That may be the case, so he has gone down a level found some form and no doubt confidence, and would hopefully be a better player at SPL level now....doubt we will be signing proven 22 goal strikers in the SPL, so we go looking for potential/discarded/hungry/something to prove.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

22 goals this season but not many of them against full time Championship teams. His record with Hearts in the Premiership was terrible.

100% record for scoring against us  in games he started......................both from the spot at Swinecastle......50% of his Premeiership goals ..........we have had a lot worse recently 

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

He has scored against 7/9 Championship opponents as well as against Aberdeen in the cup.  I think you are bending the statistics for your usual negative stance.

• Like 1

I think we could see 7 or 8 players leave this summer one way or another.

I would obviously keep Kipre, Carson and Cadden but I think there might’ve interest from elsewhere.

Of any of the others out of contract we/they might not decide to renew includes Bowman, Rose, Grimshaw, Petrevicious, Griffiths, Plummer, Newell. 

Hopefully Hartley returns well from his injury and it’s worth considering Tanner might be our till September and even then how he’ll be after that injury.

I would take Aldred on a permanent deal but I don’t think Ciftci has done enough to warrant a permanent deal, if that was even something we were looking at.

• Andy_P locked this topic