The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

17 hours ago, weeyin said:

1.75 million is our current record.  I'd be surprised (but delighted) if he breaks that.

From what I've heard (reliable sauce, like) EPL and top end Championship clubs are chasing him - so not beyond the realms of possibility.

9 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

From what I've heard (reliable sauce, like) EPL and top end Championship clubs are chasing him - so not beyond the realms of possibility.

£1.75M and a 10% sell on would be great - sell on would be worth more than the original fee is he lives up to his potential. 

2 hours ago, stuwell said:

£1.75M and a 10% sell on would be great - sell on would be worth more than the original fee is he lives up to his potential. 

Would be grear if that happened - it would pay off the last of Boyle and Hutchison loans and put money in the bank. 

Then again, Darren Randolph was up there in clean sheets and interanational appearances and nobody ended up bidding.

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

Would be grear if that happened - it would pay off the last of Boyle and Hutchison loans and put money in the bank. 

Then again, Darren Randolph was up there in clean sheets and interanational appearances and nobody ended up bidding.

I think there is a reason that we've given him yet another contract this season...I think the Club must know that offers are imminent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I think there is a reason that we've given him yet another contract this season...I think the Club must know that offers are imminent.

I imagine it's a bit of Robinson rewarding players and a bit of protecting our assets to get more money when we inevitably sell. I still think Kipré will be with us at the start of next season, though. He's played more minutes of first team football than anyone else in the SPFL - not bad for someone who was signed for the development squad. He seems happy here and smart enough to know that more first team football will set him up for a promising career.  If he does move on in the summer, though, it has been a cracking piece of business by the club and our scouting network and another example to point to when trying to recruit new faces - a guy that wasn't even playing last year becomes a first team regular, gets his first international call up and 2 Cup finals. 

As for Vancouver Whitecaps - I don't see that as being a forward career move.

I've not heard anymore than bits and bobs of supporter chat, but it seems that there are scouts, from the top2 leagues down South, watching him every week. While there seems to be an error in the big fella, it won't have gone unnoticed that he is a unit of a guy, comfortable enough on the ball, relatively quick and at only 21, has huge scope for further improvement. 

For me, he is the asset that we are likely to make most money from, and unlike yourself, I don't see him being with us after the Summer.  

Cedric does not rate the MLS

“Football has been in my family. My father played, not at a good level, but his love for football dripped down on to us. That’s why we are the way we are,” explains Kipre, who went through the PSG youth academy following in the footsteps of his elder brother Jean-Martial. “I think my big brother Jean-Martial I’d say played at a higher level than me. He played in the MLS with Salt Lake City, the second division in France, too. He was In the USA for two years but it was a bad choice from him. He had lots of opportunities in France but I think he went there for the money. Since he came back he’s been playing the lower leagues in France. "

I googled that brother thinking we could  sign another giant Kipre but he's an ordinary sized human.

• Like 1

I’d be very surprised to see Kipre here by the end of August.

Given the market in England and the sought after attributes Kipre offers, if he were to hit the ground running at a Championship club, he’d become a £7/8mil player overnight. For that reason, we should be looking for a fee in the same ballpark as the O'Donnell record. 

I think it will take a seriously stupid offer for Kipre not to be here next year. He is full of positives for his short time with us and pretty confident he will serve another year, continue to play week in week out (which he has repeated is his priority) and then move on summer 2019 for a fair whack to a top end Championship club at the absolute minimum. 

Would not be surprised in the slightest if we get a £300k odd bid from one of the bigot brothers this summer thou! Already had a few blue noes mates confident he would be solid back up for them! 

• Like 1

Headlines for the week before the cup final ...........     Celtic linked to a possible summer move for ( insert any on form motherwell players name ). Its a stick on to happen Brenda and his mind games.

If he would take a massive wage reduction to put him on parity with a squad player I would take Miller in a heartbeat. I suspect he has made his money and just wants another season playing some football. He is very fit and still has a lot to offer. Always good for a goal and the experience he could pass on would be great. In saying that I think he will have other offers.

On the Kipre topic we will be lucky to have him for much longer and should enjoy him while we can. The boy is still only 21 and is destined for bigger things, the fact we have tied him down for another year is excellent business. I can see him going directly to the EPL/Ligue 1 in the next season or so if we continues on his current trajectory. If he can element mistakes (which are to be expected at this age) his physicality and technique puts him beyond MLS/EFL level club IMO. As sad as it will be to see him leave it's going to be exciting to see what level he can reach.

I'd be surprised if Kipre and his agent weren't informed what the release amount would be so if a club exceeds or matches then it's down to him if he thinks its the right career move. We can advertise ourselves as a platform to better and bigger things if we don't let people move when our asking price is met.

As for Miller, you see so many players go back to where they have played before in all leagues. I can imagine Hibs would fit like a glove but with their budget he could be a impact sub. With us, you'd think he may envisage more time on the pitch. Regardless I think he has something to offer but I don't think its where we should be directing precious resources.

Given our current signing philosophy (young, pacey, with a point to prove and sell-on value), and given Robinson's removal of McFadden, McManus, Lasley and Hammell from the wage bill, I just don't see where Miller would fit in with that.

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic