The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

There is no chance it would be permanent. MOH has another three years at a reported £7k a week at Ibrox ie they owe him over a million pounds.

He has had a fall out at Rangers, and I don’t see any way back for him under the current manager. However, if the move wasn’t permanent then it would be foolish to agree to a loan situation.

there's no way rangers will offer anything close to what we want for moult or even heneghan,it will be the usual tactic of putting in a low ball offer and trying to upset the player enough that they become desperate to leave by handing in a transfer request.we have a big enough job on our hands this summer trying to rebuild our squad without being pissed about by rangers all summer,tell them to get to fuck and sell them to clubs down south if we need to.

It's likely two seasons in the Championship will cost them all the money they got for Armstrong, GMS and Ciftci.

And that's without knowing how much McNamara and Thompson personally pocketed from the deals.

They were already running at a big loss when they sold them. Something like 5 or 6 million in debt. Although the were able to secure favourable terms with some wealthy investors, they were bleeding money. The fees they were receiving for the big transfers were offset by the comparatively large wages and very long term contracts they gave to guys who never amounted to anything. And, as you mentioned, the slice that was going into others' pockets.

It's why I used to get annoyed by posters on here who just looked at the fees paid for guys like GMS and complained we weren't doing the same. When in reality, the amount of cash spent across the club to generate those fees was more than the fees themselves.

Even with their recent budget slashes, their last accounts showed a loss of 1.5 million.

Would like to think the board are just using the rangers as a pawn. Let them start the bidding for moult. Hopefully then the clubs down south will see how serious we are about his valuation and come in for him with realistic bids. Or any other player for that matter.

Record saying saying we're in for another Reading player Aw No has been on loan at Plymouth last 2 years is striker/winger Craig Tanner now out of contract could it be 3rd time lucky lol .

Aslong as he delivers the goods I'll be fine with that, only 22 so could have some decent potential

Record saying saying we're in for another Reading player Aw No has been on loan at Plymouth last 2 years is striker/winger Craig Tanner now out of contract could it be 3rd time lucky lol .

Record saying....anything after that is almost always a pile of made up shit to fill some newspaper space

So the Evening Times have watched the Alan Burrows interview on the club website and taken "Rangers have been told" rather than any of the other things covered in a very wide ranging interview. Lazy journalism of the highest order.

• Like 1

So the Evening Times have watched the Alan Burrows interview on the club website and taken "Rangers have been told" rather than any of the other things covered in a very wide ranging interview. Lazy journalism of the highest order.

Agree to an extent although I think the inference drawn from Burrows words is fair enough. Story is by MFC radio commentator Scott Mullen.

They were already running at a big loss when they sold them. Something like 5 or 6 million in debt. Although the were able to secure favourable terms with some wealthy investors, they were bleeding money. The fees they were receiving for the big transfers were offset by the comparatively large wages and very long term contracts they gave to guys who never amounted to anything. And, as you mentioned, the slice that was going into others' pockets.

It's why I used to get annoyed by posters on here who just looked at the fees paid for guys like GMS and complained we weren't doing the same. When in reality, the amount of cash spent across the club to generate those fees was more than the fees themselves.

Even with their recent budget slashes, their last accounts showed a loss of 1.5 million.

Pretty much the situation. I think they were about £6.5m in debt and things were getting a bit uncomfortable. The east coast media then reported that wealthy benefactors then turned up out of the blue and invested several millions in the club. Details however were very sketchy and vague. The word on the streets of Dundee however was that several wealthy philanthropists had gifted the club these millions with few or no strings attached. The less gullible few however questioned this account. It then transpired that these wealthy philanthropists had not simply gifted money to the Arabs but had lent the club large sums of money in the form of soft loans to be repaid from the proceeds of impending transfers. When the likes of Armstrong, GMS and Shifty left the vast bulk, if not entirety, of the proceeds was split between these investors and others such as Jacky McNamara. The club received very little as far as I know. Cue very very unhappy punters in the likes of of Fintry, Menzieshill and Ardler who felt they had been duped as you all know. The recently announced loss was indeed £1.5 million.

Agree to an extent although I think the inference drawn from Burrows words is fair enough. Story is by MFC radio commentator Scott Mullen.

Yes it was obvious which club he was referring to but I just felt it was such a comprehensive interview it could have been developed into a fairly sizeable feature on us rather than taking the one piece which alluded to Rangers in a roundabout way.

I appreciate the Evening Times are in the business of selling papers and usually take an Old Firm slant where possible but they do normally serve us fairly well also and this was an ideal opportunity to write a really good article on us.

We appreciate the information that the club now shares with the fans but Alan Burrows must be banging his head off the table in frustration that an interview like that only gets picked up as a Rangers titbit.

I know we need new signings but one bit of business I'd like to see the club doing this summer is extending McHugh's contract if possible. Out of contract next summer and could be a really crucial player for us next season.

I know it's not really how we normally do things but if nothing else, it may get us a fee next summer. If Heneghan has caught some clubs' eye, pretty sure McHugh might if he gets a full season...

• Like 8

I know we need new signings but one bit of business I'd like to see the club doing this summer is extending McHugh's contract if possible. Out of contract next summer and could be a really crucial player for us next season.

I know it's not really how we normally do things but if nothing else, it may get us a fee next summer. If Heneghan has caught some clubs' eye, pretty sure McHugh might if he gets a full season...

Absolutely this. If possible, we should offer him some extra dosh saved from binning the likes of Lucas and Chalmers and give him the captaincy (assuming Las will be a coach/play much fewer games next season).

Ainsworth gone, wonder if that frees up enough budget to A) Extend Mchugh as mentioned or B) Try and entice a scougall to join us instead of a rival!

There's always option C, do nothing with it and panic purchase (probably Humphries) at the last minute.

• Andy_P locked this topic