The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Heineken previously.

A range of Tennent’s brands including Tennent’s Lager, Caledonia Best, Magners Cider, Magners Dark Fruit and Heverlee will be available at the stadium, taking over from previous supplier, Heineken.

The club should install self-service pumps. One member of staff could supervise several people pouring at the same time.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ipub-welcome-britains-first-self-service-7933573

:crazy:

Aye, fuck paying someone to do a job, if they aren't smart enough to drive their own career via email then fuck them, they don't deserve a wage.

Flow on Twitter saying there is 3/4 signings just about over the line so should hopefully have news soon .

It would be good to see some early movement. Ignoring Blyth, the early signings like Heneghan, Tait and McHugh faired better than those picked up on trial or in last minute desperate moves (Belic and Lucas being the obvious examples).

I know we can't always get our number one target and sometimes we need to wait to see who is available but too often recently our approach has been to grab whoever is available at the last minute...

Really hopeful we start to see a substantial number of names appear here in the next week or so. Granted we don't want to make deals for the sake of it but given the turnover of players it could take a while for the squad to gel together. It is an exciting change going into a season knowing the team will be entirely different from last. The only big fear I have is what kind of recruitment policy we are taking. IMO our recruitment/scouting in the last couple of years has been pretty poor. We have had some good acquisations but the majority have been pretty woeful. I hope we decide to widen the net past the lower leagues of England. Our budget is buttons but we should still be able to compete with the likes of St Johnstone/Dundee/Partick for established SPL/Div 1 players. To me our recruitment policy seems to have been quite limited for a while. For the most part last year it was either McGhee getting guys from one of his former clubs or the chief scout recruiting from the bottom 2 leagues in England. This might explain our low expenditure on agent fees in comparison with the rest of the SPFL (as someone posted earlier). I am all for keeping money away from agents but unfortunately it might be that it is a necessary evil to recruit quality players in the modern game. This might be particularly important getting foreigns guys into the club. Naturally we will never have a 80/90% sucess rate with signings but in the last year I feel our signings have been lazy and poorly thought out (Lucas, Jules, Samson, Blyth, Pearson etc etc)

So do we have an inkling of who the signings may be or is it all just wild speculation at this point ?

Hopefully we are done with all the Moult/Hennigan to Rangers talk......but............ are we making plans with the intention of them still being here or being sold ?

I'd like to think if we are keeping them ( or for Moult at least ) their contract is exended based on some argeement that they can be sold In January or at end of the season. Certainly don't want your valuable assets to move on for free. Assuming the plan is with Moult starting the season, do we sign anothe goalscorer who will replace him if he goes in January or do we line up one to be signed in the January window ?

As far as speculation goes, the only names that have been mentioned are:

Graham Carey - Plymouth

James tanner - Plymouth

Jordan Owens - crusaders

None of the mentions had any substance to them though, and Carey seems unlikely, just speculation on p&b or Twitter.

As far as speculation goes, the only names that have been mentioned are:

Graham Carey - Plymouth

James tanner - Plymouth

Jordan Owens - crusaders

None of the mentions had any substance to them though, and Carey seems unlikely, just speculation on p&b or Twitter.

It's Craig tanner

Is Kyle Lafferty a realistic outside shout?

Scott Mullen's 'interesting' tweet is a potential tease and suggests to me we are in for someone relatively high profile.

I suppose there's the NI connection with Robinson and his wife's from Glasgow I think, but he'd be looking for significantly more than we could offer.

• Andy_P locked this topic