'well Casuals Target Buddies

Toxteth O'Grady

“None of them were wearing club colours, so it wasn’t obvious who were St Mirren fans and who were Motherwell’s.”

"The thugs targeted innocent St Mirren fans who were heading towards Gilmour Street Station after they had just watched their team earn a place in the Scottish Cup quarter-finals on Thursday night."

So if non had colours how do they know difference between motherwell thugs and innocent st mirren fans?

Inspector Robin Young at Paisley Police Station confirmed there had been an incident but said it was nothing his officers could not handle: “There were no arrests made as we stepped in before anything really happened – they were facing-off, but no-one had been hurt.

“It was a job well done by our officers. We always walk supporters back to the station and even get on buses and trains to make sure they don’t square up.

“It’s important that we do that as there are lots of wee areas in the town centre where they could dive into to kick-off.”

:lol: Sounds more like a quote from a 'wee ned' than a Police inspector, I'm sure there could have been a minor incident but I'm equally sure that the details of the article are wildly inaccurate and just comfirms my thoughts that the majority of Journos have no reporting skills or indeed integrity

you wont see anyone leaping to our defence a la Rangers in Manchester

"But before anyone was seriously hurt in the fracas, police swooped to separate the visiting thugs from genuine fans before sending them on their way."

“None of them were wearing club colours, so it wasn’t obvious who were St Mirren fans and who were Motherwell’s.”

Such contradiction in one gutterpress news story !