Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Hamilton Academical Wed 5 Apr 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Anyone know how many perfectly valid goals we have been refused now this season due to officials? They say that these things even themselves out over the season. Well if that's the case we must be due a good 6/7 before the end. This is not a excuse for the predicament we're in. However it certainly hasn't helped.

I think we have been very, very unlucky with refereeing calls this season, not just goals but some of the red cards have been terrible decisions and probably impact us more due to suspensions.

Injuries have been awful as well to the point that I don't think we've been able to put out our strongest side once all season.

• Like 1

For those saying that Lasley should start ahead of Clay on Saturday, I would only ask what Lasley brings that Clay doesn't?

Clay does nothing. 55 minutes last night and I don't think he won a tackle or made any contribution in the final third. Lasley managed to win the ball and play two dangerous passes within five minutes of coming on which eclipsed Clay's entire output.

Disappointed with our long ball tactics,especially after they went down to ten men.....Accies defenders will have sore heads this morning

Clancys positioning for "the goal" was shocking imho outside the 18yard box.........can't tell where the linesman was from highlights

Another hard game on Saturday...Thistle are now safe unbeaten in their last seven 15 from 21........Can't see Killie catching them for the top six place

I think we have been very, very unlucky with refereeing calls this season, not just goals but some of the red cards have been terrible decisions and probably impact us more due to suspensions.

Injuries have been awful as well to the point that I don't think we've been able to put out our strongest side once all season.

Disappointed with our long ball tactics,especially after they went down to ten men.....Accies defenders will have sore heads this morning

Clancys positioning for "the goal" was shocking imho outside the 18yard box.........can't tell where the linesman was from highlights

Another hard game on Saturday...Thistle are now safe unbeaten in their last seven 15 from 21........Can't see Killie catching them for the top six place

The linesman was looking along the line - might have been blocked by whoever took the corner

What the hell happened with Imrie when the ref randomly stopped the game and he ran off then tried to come back on?

(And then didn't come back on at all)

I may be totally wrong, but it looked to me like he had blood on his sock and the referee wanted it changed. He was off the park and seemed to be saying what difference does it make, and Canning just decided it would be quicker to replace the player than mess about with changing socks.

• Like 1

The manager seemed to have a go at Ainsworth, seems he is fair game for criticism.

Just saw the interview.

That's a really weird one and without the full context, seems really harsh and a bit disappointing from Robinson to single out the guy who came on with 20 minutes to play. Multiple players didn't appear to do what was asked of them, unless he is implying that they couldn't carry out the game plan because Ainsworth wasn't getting in the right positions. Either way, it doesn't negate from the fact the other 12 players who contributed to the game had also failed to get us the goal we were looking for.

I can only think there is something in the dynamic between Ainsworth and Robinson and that this is some tactic to either get him out the door, or get more out of him.

Can't say singling him out has worked in the past.

• Like 1

Lionel gave him a second prize so it's not exactly a mystery.

If true, there needs to be an expectation of professionalism between the two. Robinson, as the manager, needs to get over that in the interest of the club.

Ainsworth, like all the players, are resources which need managed. If a public dig is a strategy to get more out of a player, then fair enough. If it's to do with their personal relationship then Ainsworth might as well not bother appearing in claret and amber again.

Just saw the interview.

That's a really weird one and without the full context, seems really harsh and a bit disappointing from Robinson to single out the guy who came on with 20 minutes to play. Multiple players didn't appear to do what was asked of them, unless he is implying that they couldn't carry out the game plan because Ainsworth wasn't getting in the right positions. Either way, it doesn't negate from the fact the other 12 players who contributed to the game had also failed to get us the goal we were looking for.

I can only think there is something in the dynamic between Ainsworth and Robinson and that this is some tactic to either get him out the door, or get more out of him.

Can't say singling him out has worked in the past.

I only watched the interview once, but on first viewing I thought it was the opposite i.e. he brought on Ainsworth to add some pace and width to the attack, but we started playing it long instead - which negated the plan.

I only watched the interview once, but on first viewing I thought it was the opposite i.e. he brought on Ainsworth to add some pace and width to the attack, but we started playing it long instead - which negated the plan.

Which was the reason Ainsworth couldn't get involved.

I think Ainsworth knew he was off in the summer a while ago now.

I doubt he's an easy player to manage, and we certainly haven't done a good job of it recently.

For me, Ainsworth should be an easy player to manage. Stick him wide right and keep passing him the ball and tell him shoot more often. Just let him do what he does best.

I agree his head has already decided he's off in the summer.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Watching it again you are probably right. 'He didn't do what we asked him to' because of poor service to him, as opposed to any fault of his own.