Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Sat 15 Apr 15:00

Yabba's Turd

were now at the must win stage so something has to give here,it's time for action before we run out of games,i just hope robinson can come up with a plan that doesn't play into the hands of inverness,approach it like we did against accies with the long ball,then it going to be yet another struggle.

Everyone pre-match thoughts are becoming more brief.

We're fast approaching last chance saloon, if we haven't arrived already.

If we don't win this then the baw is burst for a variety of reasons but one of them being it will have meant we have taken only 2 or 3 points from 18. No wonder we've slowly but surely dropped positions in the league....

Hopefully Moult is back, hopefully Clay, Blyth and Pearo are nowhere near the starting 11and hopefully it's been realised the hoofball isn't working.

I hope to feck we make big shitey louy laing eat his (ict are a better side than us ) words !!!!!

either that or HE will score the winner to shove it right up us

There is the former player element but I really couldn't give a fuck about getting one over Laing or Vigurs or Forgan given the current predicament to be honest.

I'd be surprised if any in the ICT camp make any attempt to cast up anything about their time at Motherwell as it would show a lack of focus on their part given they are in an even more desperate place than ourselves. Equally our focus should all be getting the win that would go some way to at least ensuring we don't finish bottom.

Listened to Foran's post match interview. Said he's considering telling his players this week how shite they've been to try and gee them up. Not sure how serious he is. However, Inverness have 1 win in 21 league games against Sevco. I think we will beat them next week and the real race to avoid 11th will begin.

Hopefully Moult is back, hopefully Clay, Blyth and Pearo are nowhere near the starting 11and hopefully it's been realised the hoofball isn't working.

Yes, hoofball isn't working. However our midfield choice will be limited. I've no idea whats happened to Lucas and Lasley is suspended. IF Tait is fit, our central midfield might be a choice from Pearson, Cadden, Clay, Campbell and Gordon.

Long ball football leaves too much to chance and doesn't benefit the few talented players we have. Regardless of how inadequate the midfield acquisitions of McGhee and Burrows were, we can surely adopt a game plan that gets the ball to the feet of Ainsworth, Frear and McDonald in advanced positions.

I’d accept a scrappy 1-0 to us (we rarely score more than one). This is like a cup tie and the players must be made aware of just how important this game is to everyone at the club. To lose this game would be unthinkable, however, if we do we should start preparing for the worst, as teams who keep losing generally go down. Come on Motherwell surprise us all and score two goals.

The Curse of the Former Player looms large with Vigurs, Laing and Anier although I think Vigurs is injured at the moment.

Also see Inverness' only away league of the season was at....you guessed it.....Fir Park with a 3-0 win.

PS. If you want a more positive stat we've only lost once against a Bottom 6 team since Nov 5th. 3 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat.

Biggest game of the season. I'd go

Samson

Tait (one of the young boys if he's not fit - McMillan I think played there earlier?)

Heneghan

McHugh

Hammell

Ainsworth

Pearson

Lasley

Frear

Moult (Bowman if injured)

McDonald

I like Robinson, and I think he'll be a success, but 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 just isn't working.

Biggest game of the season. I'd go

Samson

Tait (one of the young boys if he's not fit - McMillan I think played there earlier?)

Heneghan

McHugh

Hammell

Ainsworth

Pearson

Lasley

Frear

Moult (Bowman if injured)

McDonald

I like Robinson, and I think he'll be a success, but 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 just isn't working.

I would agree with that. When we switched to 442 in the second half yesterday we enjoyed more success, Frear wnd Cadden don't look too comfy filling in the wing back role.

Getting the three points would be massive, hopefully have Moult and Tait back.

In my view we should not field Keith Lasley as he is suspended for one game starting on Saturday (see above). Its a risk not worth taking. :spiteful:

Other than that I agree we should go 4-4-2.

When did he pick up his booking that took him over the threshold?

Must win! Simple as that.

I think though a game like this is where the club should be looking to get as many fans through the gates as possible. It's our biggest game of the season so far and we need as many supporters through the gates as possible. Whether that be reduced ticket prices or giving tickets to schools/clubs etc

As for the starting 11 I really hope Tait and Moult are fit enough for this one. Both have been missed badly in there spells out

• Like 1

Must win! Simple as that.

I think though a game like this is where the club should be looking to get as many fans through the gates as possible. It's our biggest game of the season so far and we need as many supporters through the gates as possible. Whether that be reduced ticket prices or giving tickets to schools/clubs etc

As for the starting 11 I really hope Tait and Moult are fit enough for this one. Both have been missed badly in there spells out

I'd rather we pumped the gate prices to £40 (for kids and adults) and decided season tickets weren't valid.

Don't know if I'm peddling one of the many MFC myths here, but it certainly feels like we arse it every time we get a decent crowd.

Must have been at Ibrox because suspensions start a fortnight after the last yellow.

We got worse when Lasley replaced Clay on Wednesday, we got better when that sub happened on Saturday so I'm not losing sleep over it.

This game is huge. They have won 1 in 21, but they grind out draws incredibly frequently. Cole is going to be added to that suspension list this week since he got sent off yesterday. If we can turn our dominance into games into a goal or two, I think we are better than this team but for all Robinson deserves credit for us becoming tighter at the back, we have also become less good up top. So we need to work on a way that keeps this new found resilience in defence whilst allowing us to pose a threat at the other end. Teams who can put three past Celtic don't suddenly become completely impotent, we all know the tools are there but it is delivering them without being overly open that is proving the challenge.