Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Sat 15 Apr 15:00

Yabba's Turd

don't think we have become less good up front but we are sadly missing Moult.

It's not just his goals but when he isn't playing MacDonald is only half the player he can be.

Hopefully he will be back for next Saturday and Tait as well as the "experiment" of three at the back at Firhill was an unmitigated disaster. After the reversion to 4-4-2 at half time and we at least put up a bit of a fight.

The Curse of the Former Player looms large with Vigurs, Laing and Anier although I think Vigurs is injured at the moment.

Also see Inverness' only away league of the season was at....you guessed it.....Fir Park with a 3-0 win.

PS. If you want a more positive stat we've only lost once against a Bottom 6 team since Nov 5th. 3 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat.

ICT have a great record at Fir Park. I am confident we will live down to the challenge and fuck up as we have done all throughout the season. We are utter shite and every bit as bad as ICT. We are going down.

ICT have a great record at Fir Park. I am confident we will live down to the challenge and fuck up as we have done all throughout the season. We are utter shite and every bit as bad as ICT. We are going down.

Someone will be along to slaughter that perfectly valid opinion in 3....2.....1.....

Someone will be along to slaughter that perfectly valid opinion in 3....2.....1.....

I'll have a go at it , what they done against us last year , last time or last week has no bearing on the weekend.

We arent very good but thankfully we are in a battle with 4 or 5 sides who are just as bad , if the players have the same attitude as him we're doomed right enough. I suspect if Robinson felt any the players shared his opinion though he would do the right thing and tell them to fuck off and go shopping with the wife instead.

• Like 1

I'll have a go at it , what they done against us last year , last time or last week has no bearing on the weekend.

We arent very good but thankfully we are in a battle with 4 or 5 sides who are just as bad , if the players have the same attitude as him we're doomed right enough. I suspect if Robinson felt any the players shared his opinion though he would do the right thing and tell them to fuck off and go shopping with the wife instead.

History has no bearing you are right but its amazing how certain grounds just work for some teams. Our record at Inverrness is excellent irrespective of how bad our teams have been. What is important is the calibre of player and IMHO we quite simply have players not good enough. English non league dross and guys who look as a football is a new object to them. I never thought Id live to see the day when McManus returning would be a positive. Henningan an utter Donkey, ditto Bowman Jules, Clay, Samson. Pearson utter pish should never have been allowed back. Cadden being utterly wasted having to sit far too deep to protect the cack behind him. Bowman slower than a week in the jail couldn't time a jump for a header if his life depended on it. McDonald having to carry all the threat and with no one to help him hes holding onto the ball far too long and pressure fizzling out. You cannot have 7 of your first team with the standard we have and hope for anything but disappointment.

History has no bearing you are right but its amazing how certain grounds just work for some teams. Our record at Inverrness is excellent irrespective of how bad our teams have been. What is important is the calibre of player and IMHO we quite simply have players not good enough. English non league dross and guys who look as a football is a new object to them. I never thought Id live to see the day when McManus returning would be a positive. Henningan an utter Donkey, ditto Bowman Jules, Clay, Samson. Pearson utter pish should never have been allowed back. Cadden being utterly wasted having to sit far too deep to protect the cack behind him. Bowman slower than a week in the jail couldn't time a jump for a header if his life depended on it. McDonald having to carry all the threat and with no one to help him hes holding onto the ball far too long and pressure fizzling out. You cannot have 7 of your first team with the standard we have and hope for anything but disappointment.

I get all of the above and dont disagree with any of it , I watch us

But to say we are down already is the biggest load of drivel ive heard since Robinson said the game was already lost at 1nil after 30 mins yesterday , even if we lose on Saturday we'll still be well in the mix although i dont expect many folk on here to be saying that if it comes to pass

I get all of the above and dont disagree with any of it , I watch us

But to say we are down already is the biggest load of drivel ive heard since Robinson said the game was already lost at 1nil after 30 mins yesterday , even if we lose on Saturday we'll still be well in the mix although i dont expect many folk on here to be saying that if it comes to pass

Where did I say we are already down? that's an impossibility ...I said we are going down and I have seen nothing to suggest that prediction is wide of the mark others are equally entitled to consider we will survive I just dont happen to agree with their prediction.

Wouldn't say we are down already.

If we can stay off bottom, then as we've seen before, we could get lucky and things just ckick in the play-offs.

Also, post split any points ICT gain are at the expense of our rivals.

A long way to go yet, but a win here would give us at least a bit of breathing space as far as bottom spot goes.

We're now staring into the abyss and by hook or by crook must win this game. Stunned that people on here want Ainsworth in the team. He s been crap now now for many months. No way should Clay and Pearson and Jules be playing either.

No pearson, clay, Ainsworth? tell me more about all these alternative players we have in midfield who do a job?

Just about to post the same thing. All very well in principle but if we discount Lasley, Pearson, Clay, Ainsworth and probably Lucas who is left? Cadden would need to play on the right; Frear on the left; Campbell and Gordon in the middle. Only other option is to move McHugh out of defence. In that scenario, if we want to leave Jules out then its a case of playing Ferguson in the central defence. Not likely in my view.

The only thing that is keeping me positive at this time is ICT's form, won 4 matches all season, won 1 of their last 20-odd and having listened to Richie Forans interview directly after their match on Saturday he appears to be a broken man, very down in the dumps and almost sounding like it was inevitable that they were heading for the Championship. Now, that interview may have been an attempt at reverse psychology from Foran, to try and get some sort of reaction out of his players, but it really didn't seem like it.

I'd like to see us ditch the farcical 3-4-3 formation that has made my eyes bleed for 180 minutes over the past few days, and get back to basics. What I'd also like to ditch is the monotonous long-ball pish that we have had to suffer recently. Just because Bowman is a big lump of a guy, it doesnt necessarily compute that he is a target man, he can't seem to time his jumps properly and Liam Lindsay and the other lump at the back for Thistle dealt with our aerial tactics with relative ease and I'd imagine ICT would do the same...I've heard that Moult is still doubtful for this one, so Bowman will be on the park again.

For me, we need to get back to basics, no fancy-dan formations and loads of square pegs, in round holes. I'd go back to a 4-4-2 and tell the players to go out and get fucked in as well as they possibly can. If we can get a win, that will virtually bury Inverness and allow us to concentrate on bettering Accies throughout the bottom6 games.

Samson

Tait if fit (If not, then McMillan) Heneghan Jules and Hammell

Cadden McHugh and Pearson Frear

McDonald and Bowman

For me, McHugh is wasted at the back and our midfield is much poorer without him in there, Pearson only starts because of how limited our options are, same goes for Hammell and Jules.

I feel like I've said this about every game over the last 2-3 weeks but Saturday represents a huge opportunity to put some breathing space between ourselves and ICT and ramp up the pressure on Accies, Dundee and County.

Accies go to Dens so one or both will drop some points and Celtic play County on Sunday where you'd expect an away win.

If we can nab 3 points against ICT it's likely to see us go above County on goal difference and jump ahead of the loser of Dundee vs Accies, or both if it's a draw.

Hopefully our injury list clears up a bit and we can revert to a 4-4-2 with Tait at RB and Moult up top with Mcdonald. ICT have 1 win in 21 and only 1 away win this season (guess where that was?!) so if we have any plans to stay in this division 3 points here is a must!

The only thing that is keeping me positive at this time is ICT's form, won 4 matches all season, won 1 of their last 20-odd

That 1 win in the last 20 odd was their biggest win of the season, 3-0 v US at FIR PARK!

Two shit teams that find it near impossible to score goals but also can find it hard to stop leaking goals. This has 0-0 shitfest or scrappy 1-0 written all over it esp if Moult is missing.

• Like 1

That came indirectly from our manager...'he didn't seem too optimistic that Moult would be available for next Saturday'

Ah, I see.

That's certainly a different tone from the pre-match Accies press conference where he seemed to think he might make the Accies game and if not that should be fine for Partick.

Who knows?

don't think we have become less good up front but we are sadly missing Moult.

It's not just his goals but when he isn't playing MacDonald is only half the player he can be.

Hopefully he will be back for next Saturday and Tait as well as the "experiment" of three at the back at Firhill was an unmitigated disaster. After the reversion to 4-4-2 at half time and we at least put up a bit of a fight.

Wouldn't disagree with this - Skippy does appear to be la different player when Moult's missing.

And as much as Bowman has added a wee bit to his play, he doesn't look like he's going to score a lot of goals. I like Frear but in the Accies game, there were a number of occasions when he had the ball in good positions, but there was no-one to hit in the middle - sadly been a long term problem.

However, I'll be delighted if any of the guys have me eating my words come 4.45pm Saturday

MON RA DOSSERS

That 1 win in the last 20 odd was their biggest win of the season, 3-0 v US at FIR PARK!

I think you'll find that one win in twenty was against Rangers at home. Doesn't make me any less concerned about the game. But there are enough reasons to be worried. We don't need to make stuff up...