Bottom Six Fixtures

middleeastdave

Found this on P&B......payments for this season.......each place increases by £52,750 for bottom six places

News

Win

Sign in/Join

STV News

Scotland UK

HOME Football

This is how much your team will make in post-split money

Grant Russell

Grant Russell

19 hours ago

Almost £11m will be shared amongst the top six, with the bottom six splitting £6.5m.

Premiership clubs share the vast majority of SPFL prize money.

Premiership clubs share the vast majority of SPFL prize money. SNS Group

The top six sides in the Scottish Premiership will share a prize pot of almost £11m as the 2016/17 season draws to a close.

Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts, St Johnstone and Partick Thistle will receive between £2.8m and £1.3m each, depending on their final league placing.

The league's bottom six clubs - Kilmarnock, Ross County, Dundee, Hamilton Academical, Motherwell and Inverness CT - will divide £6.5m of a total top-flight revenue split of £17.4m.

The top six

The biggest prize is reserved for the champions. Celtic will pick up £2.8m for lifting the Premiership trophy, £800,000 more than any other side.

As well as pushing for the incentive of a European spot, there are bigger cash prizes on offer for teams finishing in higher places.

The team finishing in second will receive just over £2m, with the side coming third in the final guaranteed Europa League spot picking up £1.7m.

Fourth place will pick up £1.5m, fifth earn £1.4m and sixth spot guarantees a team £1.3m.

The bottom six

The maximum that can be made by a bottom six club is £1.21m, which is the amount on offer to the team which finishes in seventh spot.

The financial gap from place-to-place is then £52,750 by position. That means the team in eighth earn £1.16m, ninth get £1.1m, tenth receive £1.06m, 11th spot earns £1m and the bottom cub get £949,500 in prize money.

The bottom side also receive a parachute payment of £300,000 in the following season, and a further £150,000 if they remain out of the Premiership the year after.

If a team is relegated through the play-offs, they receive a parachute payment of £500,000 in year one and £250,000 in year two if required.

Payment structure

Scottish Premiership payment schedule 2016/17.

Scottish Premiership payment schedule 2016/17. STV

Clubs have already received a chunk of the money they are due. Prize money for the 2016/17 season starts being paid out as early as August, with every Premiership club receiving £660,000, or 3% of the total pot.

In December, a further £82,500 is paid to every top flight club, with the next payment coming in April after the league split.

For finishing in the top six, £395,000 is paid out before the end of the season. Bottom six clubs receive a payment of £157,500.

The remaining balance is paid out in the summer, with the champions receiving their balance of £1.7m, down to a £49,500 payout for the bottom club, excluding their parachute payment.

The rest of the SPFL

A total of 82.3% of the total SPFL prize pot is shared by Premiership clubs, leaving £3.75m to be shared amongst the other 30 teams.

The Championship winners pocket the highest amount, taking in £474,450. The teams taking part in the play-offs receive £400,900, £337,600 and £274,300 for finishing second, third and fourth respectively.

The winners of League One get £105,500, while the champions of League Two earn £56,970.

Share this article

HOME Football

WHERE TO NOW?

Player What's On TV News Sport Competitions Weather Appeal

Follow Us On Google+

Follow Us On Twitter

Join Us On Facebook

About usContact usPrivacyTerms of UseCookie PolicySTV Group plc

Copyright © 20072017 STV. All rights reserved.

Cookie Info: To find out how to manage cookies, see our cookie policy.

Could be total bollocks but there's a lad on the Well fans page on FB saying he's been told by 'a reliable source' our fixtures are;

Killie (H)

Ross County (H)

Accies (A) - 7:45 on BT

Dundee (A)

Inverness (A) 3pm Sky Sports

If true that would give us 19H/20A. Not sure how much I fancy finishing on 3 away games.

Could be total bollocks but there's a lad on the Well fans page on FB saying he's been told by 'a reliable source' our fixtures are;

Killie (H)

Ross County (H)

Accies (A) - 7:45 on BT

Dundee (A)

Inverness (A) 3pm Sky Sports

If true that would give us 19H/20A. Not sure how much I fancy finishing on 3 away games.

Although playing 39 games would be an advantage. :P

• Like 3

As at home Saturday no chance of it being 3 home then 3 away as unheard off and as they games are what they should be on a teams basis good chance of being right although would mean 18/20 again for us which should not be happening as we have suffered that fate previously while others have not . Would also be a big kick in goolies for us as already lost an old firm game as played both away twice so to lose out on a home game as well after split would be mega unfair .

Would it surprise anyone on here that after giving us 4 away games v the Old firm - the SPFL also give us a competitive and financial disadvantage of more away games than home games. Not me.

What makes me believe this is the old you were top 6 now you are bottom 6 - so this is the way it has to be!

Whatever anyone says having 4 home games out of remaining 6 fixtures ought to be an advantage for us as we battle to avoid the bottom 2 spots.

I will reserve judgement and my vitriol until 11am tomorrow. I would hope the SPFL see sense and play fair - yeah right..........

• Like 1

Considering Motherwell, Hamilton and Inverness can barely win a game between them, irrespective of where it is or who it's against, I'm not really understanding the concern over home or away fixtures.

It's not like any ground, including our own, is a fortress that offers a significant advantage.

This whole top 6 bottom 6 split concept should be binned it's a load of pish. Is it really that difficult in the 21st century to schedule an equal number of home and away games for each team. If they can do it in the English leagues and the other 3 in Scotland then why does the SPL need to be different.

• Like 4

This whole top 6 bottom 6 split concept should be binned it's a load of pish. Is it really that difficult in the 21st century to schedule an equal number of home and away games for each team. If they can do it in the English leagues and the other 3 in Scotland then why does the SPL need to be different.

The only other feasible way to do that is to play 44 games a season, which seems a tad overkill. Unless you are wanting to scrap the 12 team format, which is a whole other can of worms. Personally I like the split tbh.
  • Like 1

Looking at some of the comments from yesterday I reckon we should get the 3 home games no doubt about it. Hopefully get Accies in the last couple of games, the thought of relegating them or even sending them into the playoffs gives me goosebumps but the fear of them doing that to us scares me in equal measure

Looking at some of the comments from yesterday I reckon we should get the 3 home games no doubt about it. Hopefully get Accies in the last couple of games, the thought of relegating them or even sending them into the playoffs gives me goosebumps but the fear of them doing that to us scares me in equal measure

In a perfect world Accies stay up too, it's a handy away game for fans......I don't have any real dislike towards them.......even Dougie Imrie seems like a likeable scallywag.

• Saturday 29th April (3pm KO): vs Dundee (H)

• Saturday 6th May (3pm KO) vs Ross County (H)
  • Saturday 13th May (3pm KO) vs Hamilton (A)
  • Tuesday 16th May (7.45pm KO) vs Kilmarnock (H)
  • Saturday 20th May (3pm KO) vs Inverness CT (A)
  • Like 2