• Stephen Pearson
    • Louis Moult
    • Ryan Bowman
    • Scott McDonald
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Jacob Blyth
    • Zak Jules
    • Null Vote

Agreed, I was merely highlighting the only mistakes (that I noticed) made by Samson during the game. As (implied in another thread) I don't think Samson is the root of all our problems

Aye, we have had problems all over the pitch this season. Lack of goals up front, lack of creativity and defensive acumen in midfield and leaky defence.

Not one of our best.

Oh, he made a mistake at the goal, but so did the midfielders to allow the pass and the defenders to let the striker in and the linesman to not flag for offside.

Samson has has dropped some real clangers - I just think it was a bit unfair to pick on him yesterday as, at least from the highlights, it looked like he had a decent game.

He did have a decent game but has become a target regardless how he performs. As you say the defenders were just as culpable if not more so. In saying that they tried to play offside and I think it worked. The linesman made the mistake, although it was close so understandable.

Samson has been alright in the last few games but is still a concern at crosses.

I am hoping we will be looking for another 1st choice goalie come next season. Rumours about Mannus at St Johnstone. Would be reasonably happy with that.

I'm sorry if my comments came across as an attack on Samson's ability, I was merely giving my reason's as to why Skippy pipped him and Campbell for my man of the match vote.

I'm not a big fan of using statistics to support an argument, but given that Samson was the keeper when we lost something like 17 goals in 4 games and has been the keeper for the last 4 games when we have conceded 4 goals, that would suggest that the players in front of him, and the way they have been organised, was quite a large contributing factor.

Campbell looked a great addition to our midfield and would like to see him get a run there, but McDonald was man of the match for me, with Frear in second place. If used correctly, Frear could really be a positive, creative influence for us. Also thought Hammell had a good game and after some ropy games earlier in the season, he hasn't let us down for a long time in my eyes.

Interesting, I thought our midfield was honking yesterday, the singular 1st half tactic of trying to lump the ball down the left channel got us nowhere, we were lucky that Samson made some terrific stops at 2-2.
It was a surprise that the young lad Campbell got MOTM on the day after a dreadful start.

Interesting, I thought our midfield was honking yesterday, the singular 1st half tactic of trying to lump the ball down the left channel got us nowhere

Yes, I wondered if Frear and Hammell have actually ever met each other before. Frear's run always hugged the shy line, Hammell's ball forward always curved in from the shy line towards the penalty box. Four times at least this happened in the first half which for a team who supposedly train together every day is a bit of a concern. We have no idea if the tactic was rank as our execution was south of hopeless.