Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Dundee Sat 29April 15:00

creaser09

Sportscene will brush it under the carpet,referring to our 3rd goal against ICT givin IT swings and roundaboutsfor

I'm actually starting to get quite irritated by that. Caught a bit of Sportsound on the way home and I can't remember who said it, might have been Derek Ferguson, but that was pretty much the inference - don't whinge too much because it went your way against Inverness. And it hasn't been the only occasion since that game either.

In fairness to whoever it was they went on to qualify the remark by mentioning the Accies game but no mention of the other wrongly disallowed goals against Accies (first game), Firhill or Dens Park. And that's before we get on to the inconsistent red cards and appeals.

Spare us the finger wagging please.

• Like 2

But we didn't get the breaks against Inverness. We got a dubious goal after they got a goal that definitely was invalid. Of course, you couldn't tell that from the footage that the BBC decided to show, but the lad was clearly offside. I can't wait to see how it evens up over the course of a season.

• Like 1

I'm actually starting to get quite irritated by that. Caught a bit of Sportsound on the way home and I can't remember who said it, might have been Derek Ferguson, but that was pretty much the inference - don't whinge too much because it went your way against Inverness. And it hasn't been the only occasion since that game either.

In fairness to whoever it was they went on to qualify the remark by mentioning the Accies game but no mention of the other wrongly disallowed goals against Accies (first game), Firhill or Dens Park. And that's before we get on to the inconsistent red cards and appeals.

Spare us the finger wagging please.

From BBC website

"They though they had pulled a goal back through Ben Heneghan's header, but referee Steven McLean deemed it had not crossed the line"

That's it other than Robbo whinging ........nothing else ...not ...it appeared over the line etc etc

But we didn't get the breaks against Inverness. We got a dubious goal after they got a goal that definitely was invalid. Of course, you couldn't tell that from the footage that the BBC decided to show, but the lad was clearly offside. I can't wait to see how it evens up over the course of a season.

On Sportscene they went on for a few minutes how it/could/have/might not have been over the line...............the offside goal was never mentioned

Well that game summed up following Motherwell for me.

If I had a £ for every time we were on top of a game or at least comfortable - only to self destruct and quite literally lose a goal with oppositions 1st chance. I would retire now and I am only 8!

What a fkin omnishambles we were today. Samson gets stuck and rightly so. Decidedly average and the defence must rue the fact he is behind them.

That said we are asking out and out wingers to defend and it is quite clear they struggle to do that. And when they fail the opposition have Samson and Heneghan to beat and right now that is hardly a fkin challenge.

Our recruitment has been poor and the goalie position a colossal fuck up this year. I would be happy with Samson as 3rd choice but 1st.

After last week I thought we would b safe. After this week I am thinking 11th. I am missing next week for a work conference. At first I was annoyed. Right now I am almost relieved. Of course we can beat Ross County and more so without Boyce, but play like we did today and i will be glad I am getting text updates only !!!!

• Like 1

Poor result at home again - a pattern developing?

Yes, we dominated possession in the first half but that was as much due to Dundee being content to sit-in as our football ability. Never created anything worthwhile and then concede a bad goal in last minute of first half - McCann must have thought it was his birthday!

Don't know what Barley Water said in half-time pep talk but it worked wonders as 3 minutes into second half its 0-2! McCann had clearly worked out that we were very weak on our right hand side because Dundee started to probe and push there and it paid off as their two second half goals came as a result of this and yet Barley Water failed to address the problem even after the loss of two goals.

We had 11 corners in the game - most squandered by Frear which failed to trouble Dundee back four or 'keeper.

After he'd f*cked up the 10th one in the second half, wee Lionel grabs ball from him, crosses a brilliant balll which caused utter mayhem in the Dundee defence and Heneghen put ball in the net. Simples! We were right behind the goal in the Cooper and believe me the ball was at least a yard over the line.

Also when we dropped the useless, aimless punts forward and actually played football on the grass during the last 10 minutes we looked half decent and showed that their defence was piss poor - pity we hadn't started this much earlier.

Don't understand Barley Water's tactics (were there any?) with 3 at the back and asking young Cadden to double up at right back. People getting on his case is ridiculous as he is out there trying his best but playing a role for which he is not suited. Need to get back to an orthodox back four asap or we have had it.

Don't think we deserved to win the game but I dodn't think we deserved to lose it either. But have been here before and its losing games by the odd goal like this that gets teams relegated.

Well that game summed up following Motherwell for me.

If I had a £ for every time we were on top of a game or at least comfortable - only to self destruct and quite literally lose a goal with oppositions 1st chance. I would retire now and I am only 8!

What a fkin omnishambles we were today. Samson gets stuck and rightly so. Decidedly average and the defence must rue the fact he is behind them.

That said we are asking out and out wingers to defend and it is quite clear they struggle to do that. And when they fail the opposition have Samson and Heneghan to beat and right now that is hardly a fkin challenge.

Our recruitment has been poor and the goalie position a colossal fuck up this year. I would be happy with Samson as 3rd choice but 1st.

After last week I thought we would b safe. After this week I am thinking 11th. I am missing next week for a work conference. At first I was annoyed. Right now I am almost relieved. Of course we can beat Ross County and more so without Boyce, but play like we did today and i will be glad I am getting text updates only !!!!

Torture today, I'm on holiday up north and not back til Monday. Went to Nairn County v Brora Rangers cup game. Listened to us on MixLR. Just nothing to indicate we raised our game at all, no momentum.

Strangely enough, I watched the first half while chatting to none other than Richie Foran. Even he wanted us to win, very subdued mood but good craic. Had a lot of time for him as a 'Well player.

If anyone gives a f ck, Brora won 3-1. Decent side, good movement control and finishing, and managed by Ross Tokely!

Watching on Alba. Fuck, that mistake from Samson is even worse than it looked at the game. For my ten cents, I had a right moan on the way out that the only time the ball landed at Louis Moult's feet in the box, he stuck it in the top corner, yet we spent the whole match launching the fucking thing at his head. Horrible, diagonal, long ball shite. Desperate stuff.

Watching on Alba. Fuck, that mistake from Samson is even worse than it looked at the game. For my ten cents, I had a right moan on the way out that the only time the ball landed at Louis Moult's feet in the box, he stuck it in the top corner, yet we spent the whole match launching the fucking thing at his head. Horrible, diagonal, long ball shite. Desperate stuff.

So am I. And agree - a semi competent keeper would have claimed that ball and we go in at 0-0. In a way I feel for Samson. Trying his best and has had a few decent games, but he is the poorest keeper we have had in ages and incapable of decisiveness when it really counts.

• Like 1

No, the two cameras on the gantry were miles from the disallowed goal. And they made nothing of the issue except to show the goal by zooming in on the play from above the PO'D stand

Not that it matters now, however, I look forward to seeing it again on the MFC TV footage. Flow as going nuts after it wasn’t given.

Must be be due at least 2 a game for the last 4 games. Spoke to a couple of guys after the game(not wanting to sound like a Celtic/Rangers supporter) and sometimes it feels like conspiracy, has any team had the number of decisions against them that we've had this year? Personally I think it's just absolute ineptitude but the level of it is beyond anything I could muster a response for

samson is utter shite,he's been a liability on a number of occassion's this season costing us time and time again,but having said that its criminal that mcghee thought it was acceptable to go with him and a 20 year old loanee as our goalkeeping options for the second half of the season.there is serious deficiencies in our team that were there for all to see even last season that have never been rectified and now we might just pay the ultimate penalty by being relegated,there has been some real fuck ups in the decision making behind the scenes and its about time questions were asked of the folk running the club.that performance today was a disgrace,we could have gone 5 clear of dundee with a win so to have played like we did,with no passion,no clue about what is was were trying to achieve over the 90 minutes,it really does look like were throwing on 11 players and hoping for the best.its been 2 weeks since our last game,what have we worked on in that time,there was no shape and as for our set pieces,it was the same thing over and over,again were hoping rather than trying to do anything positive.this formation were playing needs to go before its too late,the players dont look in any way comfortable,the formation were going with the wing backs should be the most important 2 in the team imo,but yet were persisting with players 2 wingers there who cant defend,dundee's 2 goals in the second half highlighted that.before kick off things were in our own hands and with home games coming up against county and killie,we were in a decent position and we blew it.3 points next week is a must,we as fans know it but after watching that today,do the players really grasp how serious things are.

that really is shocking from samson,having seen it again,that's even worse than it looked at the time.hopefully there's only 4 more games of him between the sticks then he can be chased and never darken our door again.

Absolute shiter of a squad means that the eleven that consistently fails to perform continue to play.

Heneghan having a shiter? That's it, Jules is worse. Hammell having a mare? Chalmers is somehow worse. Samson, consistently poor? You best believe he's still somehow better than whatever his name is.

As an aside as well, can we knock this fucking 'dempster was great for us!' chat right on the head? Along with McCall, absolutely fucked us and had us losing money every season, won fuck all, spent a lot of money. Yes, the club is making mistakes just now, but let's not pretend the Dempster Motherwell was something remarkable.

Any word on the new mascot, btw? That should bring the crowds rolling in. #engaged

Oh dear...

That should be sent to the SFA to remind them what a bunch of incompetent arseholes the Scottish refs are. The sooner we follow the English premiership and bring in the goal line tech the better, can you imagine the uproar if that had happened in the old firm game yesterday.

I thought our marking in our own penalty box was bad yesterday but having seen the highlights it was diabolical. We can't even do the basics and opposition players must love playing against us because of the freedom they get.

Mentioned to my mate yesterday that Dundee were able to read dangerous situations and step in with a timely tackle. The first we seem to realise there is danger is when the ball is in our net.

I really fear for us now, been saying all season we simply don't have enough good players and I can't see us getting out of the mess we're in with this squad of so called professionals.

Back 3 is not working and Robinson has to see that. Far too exposed down the wings and using cadden and frear as wing backs pretty much nullifies their attacking threat.

Contrary to what many on here think, on the ball I didn't think we played bad at all yesterday. But just shocking defensively as per. And we might have gotten away with it but for the craig samson show on the stroke of half time.

And that goal.....I'm getting sick of it this season.

Don't understand Barley Water's tactics (were there any?) with 3 at the back and asking young Cadden to double up at right back. People getting on his case is ridiculous as he is out there trying his best but playing a role for which he is not suited. Need to get back to an orthodox back four asap or we have had it.

The game was lost by 2.00pm yesterday and we were totally outmanoeuvred off the pitch by a rookie manager. Team selection and tactics were all wrong. Cadden and Frear were wasted as they had to do the jobs of 2 men. They had to constantly make runs from very deep. Central midfield was totally unbalanced as Lasley and Campbell are similar types of player (Campbell is looking good as a back up replacement for the auld yin). There was no creativity and the left side was exposed in Pearo's absence (he was missed although he's not been playing well). Much as I don't rate him, Clay should have been in for Lasley. MacMillan or Ferguson should have started at right back. MacDonald played too deep and was wasted. Didn't link up with Bowman or Moult. Bowman and Moult don't play well together and were deployed too far apart. Moult was totally wasted - he played too deep, too wide and too often away from the danger area.

The line up was a 3-4-1-2 or a 3-4-2-1 and just didn't work and its long overdue for binning. The long hopeful balls to the striker(s) were a complete waste of time (Gomis sends his thanks by the way). At the 30 minute mark, and well before Dundee scored, those around me were shouting for Robinson to make changes before anything went badly wrong but he persisted with his formation much to the delight of Neil McCann. Dundee spent the first 40 minutes sitting in and it took us until the 30th minute to register an effort on target. With 5 to go until half time we could see McCann frantically waving his troops forward to snatch the all important goal and it was just a matter of time until they did.

Oh and Samson didn't play well.

I'm rapidly thinking that Robinson has been a poor appointment. For all his organisational reputation, we were a total shambles yesterday in all areas of the team. We had 2 weeks to prepare for the game and totally f****d it up. No excuses.

• Like 5