Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Ross County Sat 6 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

It was an anti Tory banner but I think it was taken down very quickly. I saw and heard a few fans cringe when they saw it.

We live in a country that is driving right wing ideology down our throats via the mainstream media. I have no issue with a proportion of our support using football as a platform to push for a fairer society.

• Like 7

Very strange one today. I thought the line up was the correct choice, and probably still do, given that we were well in control until a complete self destruction.

Ainsworth took some absolute pelters today, but I actually thought he looked lively and well up for it, and looked like our most promising threat for some time. His free kick with McDonald was well worked, and brought a good save from the keeper. Faded away in the second half though. Moult looked to be moving uneasily all day, and McDonald just seemed to give up when he realised that nobody else could be bothered actually moving into space whenever we had the ball. Ironically, we actually got he ball wide and put a number of good balls into the box, something we've been crying out for the team to do for weeks, but today there was just nobody in there on the end of it.

To me, it seemed to have 0-0 written all over it, until the subs. Hammell looked injured, so had to come off, but from the second Jules hit the park the whole team seemed uneasy. Bowman made some good runs when he came on, but by then the rest of the team had all but given up. And bringing on Clay when we needed a goal was baffling. It would have been better to throw Faddy in and hope that he could create something with a moment of brilliance.

We were beaten the second County scored though. That's the first time this season that I've felt the whole stadium, fans and players alike, sense that we were done. I hope that we find some way to scrape out the results we need, or even just Hamilton do worse than us, and the goal difference swings in our favour. I don't care how, but I am crossing everything that we somehow stay up.

I hope the fans who were fed up of moderate success under McCall and actually wanted a relegation battle and some time in the Championship are thoroughly enjoying themselves, because I'm certainly not.

• Like 3

Another winnable home game - another defeat. Groundhog day! I do not doubt that the players have been trying their level best but that's the really sad thing because that's as good as they are. They simply can't play any better. They don't have it in them.

Again today plenty of industry and grafting but very few real chances created. Ross County were well organised but no world beaters but just had to keep it 0-0 and wait for us to blunder which we duly did. Don't know what Jules was thinking about but two points about him (1) If Hammell wasn't injured why was he brought on to replace him? (2) Yes the lad cocked up but he's hardly had any game time so I blame Robinson for putting him into a pressure situation in the first place.

I thought our best players were McHugh, Lasley (up to the hour mark) and Ainsworth. Couldn't fathom Robinson subbing Ainsworth with 15 minutes to go with Bowman. When Ainsworth was on he was the only foward player that showed appetite and his movement when in the middle kept the Ross County defenders on their toes and he had our only two shots on target!

I've watched Robinson in all of games since he took over after McGhee and to me its quite obvious that he is way out of his depth. Even allowing for having a poor squad of players he can't organise them, get his tactics right nor read the game. Dundee had lost 7 on the trot but just look at how well organised Neil McCann had them last week - playing as a unit. Robinson has us playing as if the players don't know what his game plan is!

And why if McFadden is stripped on the bench and fit was he not brought on for the last 25 minutes instead of Bowman and Clay? Surely worth the gamble in the circumstances.

Sorry but for me he needs to be binned whether we manage to stay up or not. Does anyone know if we have the option to get shot of him at the end of the season?

• Like 1

We live in a country that is driving right wing ideology down our throats via the mainstream media. I have no issue with a proportion of our support using football as a platform to push for a fairer society.

So you will accept celtics political shite when it comes to fir park? Oh I forgot it might be a joint display like one of the last games - what next? Sinn Fein?

• Like 1

So you will accept celtics political shite when it comes to fir park? Oh I forgot it might be a joint display like one of the last games - what next? Sinn Fein?

What political shite is it that Celtic do bothers you? Terrorism is out of order obviously but that's not political.

Here's a thought get back to talking about the game rather than political pish

We've talked about the game or a meta-morph of it all season, maybe we should chat politics instead. Nah, to be honest whilst I personally agree with the sentiment of the banner (if it is as reported) I completely agree with kmcalpin that politics and football shouldn't mix. We're a community club and the election results show that people in our community have voted that way for whatever reason and the football club is as much their's as those of us who have different politics.

As for the game, I felt in the first half we were very close to being good but crosses were a bit close to the keeper, a bit long, passes were a bit hard or short and promising situations came to a premature end. As for Ross County they pinged the ball around comfortably without ever really threatening. It became more and more frustrating.

What I was really pleased about was that we seemed defensively more assured than in some recent games and I felt that even if we didn't manage to nick the goal, we looked OK for a point. Then we brought on our real live bombscare who lived up to it with a bit of defending I won't see replicated if I take a dander through the Palace Grounds tomorrow afternoon.

Sadly that sucked the belief out of us and the last 20 minutes or so was a total non-event.

Hear some folk are getting a bit ratty about Robinson - for me is completely unproven still. Not had much influence on the squad, our most experienced defender hasn't kicked a ball since he been here and our best right back played for an hour. Whether we stay up or go down, I think Robinson takes minimal credit or blame and deserves the start of next season in whatever league to prove himself.

• Like 1

(2) Yes the lad cocked up but he's hardly had any game time so I blame Robinson for putting him into a pressure situation in the first place.

Sorry but that's just nonsense. You can't put his error today down to a lack of game time. It was absolutely basic and the kind of thing I see when I watch my 8-year old playing on a Sunday morning.

• Like 1

Ross County never looked like scoring until Jules did something no real defender would ever do. He is a perpetual bombscare, yet has represented Scotland at U level. 'Nuff said. But just tell me he came on because Hammell was injured. Otherwise.....

David Ferguson would have been a better option, but our thinness since Tait's injury has been exposed. Tait's not a great defender but his crossing isn't bad.

Cads has been forced into a role he is not comfortable with and this has reduced our attacking options.

Neither McDonald looked fully fit but they got little service.

I actually didn't think Frear played badly. He looks frail but got some crosses in but to no avail.

Unlike RC, Panathonaccies and a resurgent ICT, we seem incapable of scrapping to win ugly. Outright relegation now seems a possibility and I would probably take the play-offs now if I were a betting man.

I actually don't think our potential opponents are any better than Rangers last time.

Of course, a win in Hamilton would change everything.

Least I've ever cared about Motherwell and been supporting them since as far back as I remember, nearly 30 years.

There's just nothing there. If we don't go down this season it will be next or the next. We have a rotten group of players and we need to start from scratch.

If Accies beat us next week we deserve to go down

• Like 2

I think as much as I like McHugh at the back, we have really missed him in the middle of the park

If I'm not mistaken we've won 3 (killie, inverness, county), drawn 1 (Accies with 10 men) and lost 2 (Rangers x2) with McHugh in midfield. The difference isabsolutely clear.

He's the guy McGhee certainly wanted to build his team around and we lost him to that injury in the first game of the season. Robinson has had zero opportunity to utilise him in the middle of the park. I've got sympathy for both managers as he will be a huge player for us once he's in right place.

If we go down, we'll probably struggle to keep him.

Poor line up again today with the manager insisting with square pegs in round holes. I thought McHugh and Campbell were decent and tried hard and Lasley and Hammell at least tried hard but both are done. The least said about the rest the better , even Moults level dropped today to mediocre and he looked unfit . The lack of fight passion and togetherness was alarming but not unexpected .

Bringing on clay in front of Faddy In those circumstances just beggars belief.

Must beat Accies next week or it's the play offs at very best

We wont beat Accies because we dont have the fight or the ability. Accies will have fight in bucket loads against us. We have utter bomb scares all over the place.