Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Ross County Sat 6 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

We lost today because of a bad managerial decission to put a bad player on as sub. Jules is never a footballer in a million years. He lost us the point to put us above Accies.

On hearing the line up I was encouraged however Moult didnt look mobile/fit and very subdued. Hammell was injured so I have no issue with him coming off but the Ainsworth/Bowman and Campbell/ Clay substitutions had me scratching my head. Jules looked like a rabbit caught in headlights. That error strewn goal sucked the life out the whole stadium. I genuinely thought we would be OK but this maybe now our time after dodging relegation through various ways over the years. It's a perfect storm..poor squad nervy as hell today, bad breaks/refereeing decisions, huge injury list, inexperienced manager, no dosh, I actually think automatic relegation is now a distinct possibility as I don't see where we go from here. Hope I'm wrong

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Moult and McDonald were anonymous because we can't create anything.

I can't agree with that at all. I can remember at least 4 times today that the ball was played from a wide area, across the County goalmouth inside the 6-yard box, and just continued on beyond the goal at the other side. Absolutely criminal that no-one was taking up a position to be anywhere near knocking them home.

Hammell was injured and played through it for 2 years.

^^^more accurate. He's absolutely done. On of the most infuriating things that happens on a match day is the amount of times he brings the ball forward diagonally towards the left touchline, stops the ball with the sole of his left foot and then just does nothing. It's becoming a signature move...his own version of The Cruyff Turn - "The Hammell Stop".

We've talked about the game or a meta-morph of it all season, maybe we should chat politics instead. Nah, to be honest whilst I personally agree with the sentiment of the banner (if it is as reported) I completely agree with kmcalpin that politics and football shouldn't mix. We're a community club and the election results show that people in our community have voted that way for whatever reason and the football club is as much their's as those of us who have different politics.

As for the game, I felt in the first half we were very close to being good but crosses were a bit close to the keeper, a bit long, passes were a bit hard or short and promising situations came to a premature end. As for Ross County they pinged the ball around comfortably without ever really threatening. It became more and more frustrating.

What I was really pleased about was that we seemed defensively more assured than in some recent games and I felt that even if we didn't manage to nick the goal, we looked OK for a point. Then we brought on our real live bombscare who lived up to it with a bit of defending I won't see replicated if I take a dander through the Palace Grounds tomorrow afternoon.

Sadly that sucked the belief out of us and the last 20 minutes or so was a total non-event.

Hear some folk are getting a bit ratty about Robinson - for me is completely unproven still. Not had much influence on the squad, our most experienced defender hasn't kicked a ball since he been here and our best right back played for an hour. Whether we stay up or go down, I think Robinson takes minimal credit or blame and deserves the start of next season in whatever league to prove himself.

Zzzzzzzzz. Didn't even read it after the first line of let's talk politics. Away to Facebook n post yer shite

My obsevations.

Poorest Motherwell team in years, yes I know that is stating the obvious. Most of the players trying their best but apart from 3 or 4 players the rest are not only not Premier League players but should not even be professional players.

We started todays game with the following in central midfield, a 36 year old who played ok but his legs are gone and an 18 year old learning the game.

There in a nutshell is the problem, we have no effective midfield.

Every time a defender looks up every one is running away from them, and we resort to long punts up the park.

It is not difficult to see why we are second bottom of the league.

Players to keep McHugh, Moult (although having scored 17 goals in this team, I am sure he will be off at the end of the season) and Cadden. Cadden has lots to learn and needs better coaching than I think he is getting. He also needs to be more aware of what is going on around him, He has an engine and can get up and down the park. We have 3 players who are good enough to play in the Premier League.

Players like Scott Mcdonald, Keith Lasley, Stevie Hammell and Stephen McManus, have played successfully in the Premier League but I did not mention them for the future as they are all coming to the end of their careers.

Robinson the manager, whether he is the right choice or not I don't know. Personally, I thought we should have appointed somone with a more in depth knowledge of Scottish football. Dundee appopinted Neil McCann, who knows the game inside out and has won his first two games- both away from home. You can argue they have better players than us, and I would certainly not disagree, but he has them set up with 2 up front and 2 banks of four. We on the other hand are all over the place, and that is down to poor coaching.

3 games left. All three teams (Accies, Kille and ICT) will score against us and they know that. So we need at least 2 goals to win. Unfortunately we average 1.1 goals a game. So statistically the best we can hope for is 3 draws. In 27 games out of 35 we have either not scored or scored only once. So at best we have one goal in us. We have only kept a clean sheet in 3 league games this season.

Draw your own conclussions from those stats. The only positive note is that we have taken more points away from home than at home, so maybe with 2 out of the 3 games away, the team may surprise us. Here is hoping they do, because if they go down it will be along road back to the top flight - just ask St Mirren, Hibs, Falkirk, Dunfermline and Dundee Utd how ard it is down there.

Jules sold the jerseys, absolutely basic error.

Would Ferguson have done better, probably.

Was bringing Clay on for Campbell a positive, attack move, no.

Did Lionel give 100% no

Was Skippy playing too deep to do any damage, yes

Was Louis injured/ill / tired, he was barely filling a jersey today

Did County let Henegan have the ball all day, safe in the knowledge he couldn't pass productively to save himself- yes

We just calmly plodded toward the precipice.

Overwhelming feel at the end was one of passive acceptance, on and off the field .

Not

Good

Enough

Made in Motherwell?

What was? Apathy?

Least I've ever cared about Motherwell and been supporting them since as far back as I remember, nearly 30 years.

There's just nothing there. If we don't go down this season it will be next or the next. We have a rotten group of players and we need to start from scratch.

If Accies beat us next week we deserve to go down

Seconded. The worst part is i'm barely arsed anymore. Pure shite. Scunnered.

• Like 2

For me, this was the most worrying thing about today. Even after such an abject performance there wasn't much in the way of booing at the end. It seems we are resigned to our fate.

Agreed.

I, and possibly many others also, feel that the time for screaming and shouting has now been and gone. That was back in September/October when the alarms at the trajectory we were on were beginning to go off.

The only thing that's going to get us out of this is fight, bottle and belief and it blatantly obvious none of our team posses these qualities.

I do think the fans and players have accepted their/our fate and it's horrible to watch.

Personally I though hanengham did well in the 1st half. Only when hammell went off and that clown came on and we wet 343 did he toil as we should never have filled an already full midfield. Goal lost well what can I say

He's big, committed and fit, I'll give you that.

But his distribution makes Yodel look impressive.

• Like 1

...the fans and players have accepted their/our fate and it's horrible to watch.

We look spent. I’ve witnessed a few relegations in my 50+ years watching the Well and this season has a very familiar feel to it. I’m afraid our current side seem to lack the fight to stay in this league. We now have three cup finals to turn ‘Dismayed in Motherwell’ back into ‘Made in Motherwell’.

An absolutely farcial performance today. Even if you can call it a performance.

Get this moron of a manager to fuck, btw. An imposter.

I seen there's a debate over on P&B over this season vs 2014/15.

For me, the 2014/15 season was worse to watch. However, that team would shit all over this one.

I've given up hope with this mob. Utterly spineless.