Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Ross County Sat 6 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

People turning on the manager already should wait untill he actually has the players to play his formation well, when tait comes back cadden moves into the middle (hopefully) and a transfer window comes we'll play this formation far bette.r

Hiya Steve, Hiya pal!

Fucking clown of a manager with a fucking disgrace of a squad!

Ive wrecked my knee ligaments in a vain attempt to even play higher than Welfare football and Ive made a few sacrifices in coaching my Welfare league team just now. Id give my left bollock to to play professionally and its making me physically sick to see utter shite like Zak Jules wander onto a pitch and try pass himself as a pro footballer. And he's not the only one!

We have a handful of very good footballers, a couple passable, and an exorbitant amount of utter utter shite,and every player in that squad looks like they are resigned to the fact were down. Not even a bit of fight.

Irrespective of wether we go down this season. We need to bin Burrows,Murrant and the board. Robinson,Faddy and the "coaching" staff and about 18-20 players and start from scratch! Try like fuck to find some dumb cunt with a bit of cash who will take us on. And hire a coaching team capable of organizing a football team, and a playing squad able to complete the most basic of tasks.

This club is an utter shambles from top to bottom and my big fear is that we do a Man City and tumble down the divisions. Our crowd is embarrassing,our "management" is embarrassing, our "coaching" is embarrassing, and our playing squad is as poor as Ive ever seen it in my 30 odd years of attending games.

I have absolutely no faith in the club as a whole and the players as a team. The single most gutting thing is the Caley game will be my 4 year old son's first game, and may be the last game I ever watch my team! Cause Il be fucked if Im spending a fortune on below average players who couldnt trap a bag of cement playing Livingston and Raith fucking Rovers next season. And I seriously believe we could be relegated again in the next 2-3 years as our "business model" is as fucking garbage as our signing policy this last 18 months. And if that happens. We will be another Gretna or Third Lanark

• Like 1

Hiya Steve, Hiya pal!

Fucking clown of a manager...

And if that happens. We will be another Gretna or Third Lanark

Defos agree with you i just feel the manager shouldnt be judged on mcghee's squad, we wont get anywhere if we just sack managers every season it'll only delay the inevitable

I've watched Robinson in all of games since he took over after McGhee and to me its quite obvious that he is way out of his depth. Even allowing for having a poor squad of players he can't organise them, get his tactics right nor read the game. Dundee had lost 7 on the trot but just look at how well organised Neil McCann had them last week - playing as a unit. Robinson has us playing as if the players don't know what his game plan is!

Totally agree with that.

The players did try but are demotivated and demoralised and that comes across as disinterest to some. Pleasing that we swapped goalies but the rest of the team selection was poor. Management seems to have learnt little since the defeat to Dundee. Cadden playing at right back all on his own on the right? He was hung out to dry as is quite plainly not a right back. If as seems likely, MacMillan is out for the season then Ferguson should have come in at right back. As others have said, the midfield is our real problem. Last weekend Lasley and Campbell proved they shouldn't play together but of course there was no change today. Both are defensive types and lack pace, especially the latter. Campbell may well progress but as of today he does lack in experience. Unfortunately Pearson didn't make it and so Frear lacked left sided support and was frequently crowded out. Where on earth Ainsworth was meant to be playing I don't know but the lad himself was unsure. He's played in that central role before and was a disaster so why repeat that? MacDonald sat too deep as usual and is totally wasted there. Moult was all over the place and thats not his game. Play him up front in the middle with support. Whats wrong with an out and out 4-4-2? There didn't seem to be a coherent gameplan and too many players looked ill at ease with their roles. Why oh why can't we play players in their correct positions?

It took us until the 32nd minute to register an effort on goal. We had plenty of pressure but totally lacked creativity and as the game wore on it became obvious we were going to lose a silly goal, in this case a blunder by Jules. Despite Ross County not being overly adventurous we were never likely to shut them out. Again we resorted to too many hopeful high punts up the park and that was in the first half.

I don't know if this team is good enough to stay up or not but we sure as hell won't find out as long as the manager continually picks the wrong team, fails to learn lessons, and is outthought on the pitch. You have to play players to their strengths and Stephen Robinson is falling down badly in that respect.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights and it looked like a nil nil all day until we inevitably capitulate with yet another individual error; Zac Jules, what the actual fuck were you thinking?

They say that players are sent out on loan so that the can make and learn from their mistakes elsewhere. Well big Zac has certainly received an Ivy League education at Fir Park.

Defos agree with you i just feel the manager shouldnt be judged on mcghee's squad, we wont get anywhere if we just sack managers every season it'll only delay the inevitable

i agree the squad is a mess and mcghee needs to carry the can for that,he never fixed any of the problems within the squad that were blatantly obvious even last season,robinson looks to be out his depth as a manager,much the same as malpas was,if there was even some small positive's in the way we were playing that would offer a glimer of hope going forward i would say maybe we should keep robinson for next season and let him build his own team but there's hee haw,he's sticking with a formation that clearly isn't working,to be persisting with it just because tait isn't fit is a joke,it's killing us,get ferguson in at right back and get cadden in his right position and go 4-4-2 for the remainder of the season.i really thought robinson would have changed the formation for this game after losing to dundee but he never,if he goes with it again next week then its safe to say,if it isn't already then he really is clueless.

Just watched the goal on YouTube.

OMG! What can you say!

Robinson was aware Hammell couldn't last the 90 minutes, but still trusted a player to come on that has been a bomb scare from Day 1.

Listened to Robinson post match - "individual error" "don't want to hang him out"

You picked the team-squad and set up formations and tactics!!

What are you doing in training?

Why are players unaware of their roles?

Why are players, filling in positions as makeshift that negates their talent or threat? Ex. Cadden!

The last 2 matches have been shambolic!

Honestly, if there wasn't a punch up in that dressing room directly after the match, we're finished.

No commitment- No heart- No Hope!

"Made in Motherwell" - Time to start showing it Now!

Hamilton (H) 0-0

Dundee (H) 2-3

Ross County (H) 0-1

All we had to do was win ONE of those matches and we are probably safe.

That's what happens when you appoint someone with an attrocious record in management. To be fair his win percentage is 1% above his 21% at Oldham so I guess that's improvement.

How many relegation haunted teams do you need to be with before you actually think to yourself.....maybe I'm not very good at this. I'm asking you Robbo.

Leaving the game yesterday, I was still trying to think of next Saturday as being the bigger game of the three left to play.... then I heard someone say that the ICT game could be to decide who goes down and who gets the playoff.

That in itself is a scary thought.

I had always thought all we may really need to do is to match accies results and make sure we beat them to be safe....

So when we were heading for a point yesterday, I was happy with that.

Then Jules comes on.. his first touch of the ball he has a short pass to McHugh to make but is heavy on it and it ends up heading back to Griffiths and he was lucky that RC didn't chse after it.

Then to do what he does as the ball is heading out is suicidal. The first thing any defender is taught... if in doubt, boot it out... no he tries to play football in out own area, another no no.

If as true, Robinson has said to the board to sign him in the Summer, then Robinson has to go as well, as I am worried about what he classes as a player.

Lets hope Hamilton have a bad day next week or we are totally screwed.

Sums it up when my sister, a Dunfermline fan, tells me she came off the M74 yesterday on her way back from Dumfries to remind herself where our stadium was,

We need another Stuart McCall, a manager who brought in decent players with no budget and got the best out of them, these lot are just absolute shitebags and a bunch of wage thiefs

When his budget was cut McCall went down the pan as well.

We have a totally flawed transfer policy that extends back beyond McGhee. The English non league gems idea just hasn't worked with one or two excepions.

The team is full of garbage that can't cut it at this level.

If only the players would show that passion, great post

Aye, great post ? More or less saying Everything is broken and I won't be back....definitely a great "supporter" , if it's broken , how do we fix it?

Yesterday was a hard watch, I don't think it's lack if effort , just not got enough, we don't have great players , we need to just try and get over the line this year, then we can look at things.

I'm not sure that the team is disinterested/garbage as its hard to judge. You don't assess a plumber on his electrical skills do you? You hire a plumber to do plumbing work and a sparky to do the electrics. That said, yes there are some poor players in the squad. To me some of the players are looking fed up playing in unfamiliar roles or roles to which they're not suited. I'd be exactly the same.

Cadden is needlessly being played out of position and therefore weakening 2 positions for us. Neither Campbell nor Lasley are quick creative players and are the wrong combination. Frear is being asked to do too much without support. MacDonald is being totally misused and it shows. Moult is being asked to fill a role to which he's unsuited. Ainsworth certainly has his faults as we know but I'd have been totally p****d off if I'd been asked to play where he was yesterday. Robinson is overthinking tactics and team selection when he can't get the basics right.

Substitutions were made far too late yesterday and changes ought to have been made at half time. Pre match when Hammell's name was mentioned as having recovered from injury I thought oh yeh? He didn't look fit and was all over the place defensively for the first 30 minutes or so.

Its very early days to say this but I don't think Robinson has the support of the dressing room.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights, and while Jules is every bit as bad as I'd thought at the game, he's far from the only culprit. The ball's definitely rolling out of play when he inexplicably stops it and plays it inside to McHugh. McHugh tries to put his foot through it but gets closed down before the ball reaches him. The ball then comes into the box where we see three Motherwell players and two County ones. Lasley is following his man into the box, but is about a yard behind him. Heneghan and Cadden both go to Lasley's man, leaving three players marking one man, and the other County player unmarked at the back post.

Yes, if Jules lets it run out, that should never happen, but yet again, other players switch off/don't communicate, and we pay the price.

From this point out, we have to do whatever we need to in order to be marginally less shit than Accies each week. Do that, and we should be okay. Surely that's achievable?

Hiya Steve, Hiya pal!

Fucking clown of a manager with a fucking disgrace of a squad!

Ive wrecked my knee ligaments in a vain attempt to even play higher than Welfare football and Ive made a few sacrifices in coaching my Welfare league team just now. Id give my left bollock to to play professionally and its making me physically sick to see utter shite like Zak Jules wander onto a pitch and try pass himself as a pro footballer. And he's not the only one!

We have a handful of very good footballers, a couple passable, and an exorbitant amount of utter utter shite,and every player in that squad looks like they are resigned to the fact were down. Not even a bit of fight.

Irrespective of wether we go down this season. We need to bin Burrows,Murrant and the board. Robinson,Faddy and the "coaching" staff and about 18-20 players and start from scratch! Try like fuck to find some dumb cunt with a bit of cash who will take us on. And hire a coaching team capable of organizing a football team, and a playing squad able to complete the most basic of tasks.

This club is an utter shambles from top to bottom and my big fear is that we do a Man City and tumble down the divisions. Our crowd is embarrassing,our "management" is embarrassing, our "coaching" is embarrassing, and our playing squad is as poor as Ive ever seen it in my 30 odd years of attending games.

I have absolutely no faith in the club as a whole and the players as a team. The single most gutting thing is the Caley game will be my 4 year old son's first game, and may be the last game I ever watch my team! Cause Il be fucked if Im spending a fortune on below average players who couldnt trap a bag of cement playing Livingston and Raith fucking Rovers next season. And I seriously believe we could be relegated again in the next 2-3 years as our "business model" is as fucking garbage as our signing policy this last 18 months. And if that happens. We will be another Gretna or Third Lanark

Totally agree with that.

The players did try but are demotivated and demoralised and that comes across as disinterest to some. Pleasing that we swapped goalies but the rest of the team selection was poor. Management seems to have learnt little since the defeat to Dundee. Cadden playing at right back all on his own on the right? He was hung out to dry as is quite plainly not a right back. If as seems likely, MacMillan is out for the season then Ferguson should have come in at right back. As others have said, the midfield is our real problem. Last weekend Lasley and Campbell proved they shouldn't play together but of course there was no change today. Both are defensive types and lack pace, especially the latter. Campbell may well progress but as of today he does lack in experience. Unfortunately Pearson didn't make it and so Frear lacked left sided support and was frequently crowded out. Where on earth Ainsworth was meant to be playing I don't know but the lad himself was unsure. He's played in that central role before and was a disaster so why repeat that? MacDonald sat too deep as usual and is totally wasted there. Moult was all over the place and thats not his game. Play him up front in the middle with support. Whats wrong with an out and out 4-4-2? There didn't seem to be a coherent gameplan and too many players looked ill at ease with their roles. Why oh why can't we play players in their correct positions?

It took us until the 32nd minute to register an effort on goal. We had plenty of pressure but totally lacked creativity and as the game wore on it became obvious we were going to lose a silly goal, in this case a blunder by Jules. Despite Ross County not being overly adventurous we were never likely to shut them out. Again we resorted to too many hopeful high punts up the park and that was in the first half.

I don't know if this team is good enough to stay up or not but we sure as hell won't find out as long as the manager continually picks the wrong team, fails to learn lessons, and is outthought on the pitch. You have to play players to their strengths and Stephen Robinson is falling down badly in that respect.

Hamilton (H) 0-0

Dundee (H) 2-3

Ross County (H) 0-1

All we had to do was win ONE of those matches and we are probably safe.

That's what happens when you appoint someone with an attrocious record in management. To be fair his win percentage is 1% above his 21% at Oldham so I guess that's improvement.

How many relegation haunted teams do you need to be with before you actually think to yourself.....maybe I'm not very good at this. I'm asking you Robbo.

Totally agree with all of the above.

The club is being run by armatures and looks like it in every respect.

The only part of the club that is working is the ground staff because the pitch looks great, or is that just because we have a sprinkling of shite on it every couple of weeks!

When his budget was cut McCall went down the pan as well.

I don't think McCall's budget went down that much. He just wasted it massively in the summer when we signed Neilsen, Vigurs, Lawson and resigned Ramsden, McHugh, Cummins, ZFA, McFadden and Fraser Kerr.

The two decent signings McManus and Sutton were right under his nose. He just couldn't be bothered looking further afield.

I'm not sure about the team is disinterested/garbage as its hard to judge. You don't assess a plumber on his electrical skills do you? You hire a plumber to do plumbing work and a sparky to do the electrics. That said, yes there are some poor players in the squad. To me some of the players are looking fed up playing in unfamiliar roles or roles to which they're not suited. I'd be exactly the same.

Cadden is needlessly being played out of position and therefore weakening 2 positions for us. Neither Campbell nor Lasley are quick creative players and are the wrong combination. Frear is being asked to do too much without support. MacDonald is being totally misused and it shows. Moult is being asked to fill a role to which he's unsuited. Ainsworth certainly has his faults as we know but I'd have been totally p****d off if I'd been asked to play where he was yesterday. Robinson is overthinking tactics and team selection when he can't get the basics right.

Substitutions were made far too late yesterday and changes ought to have been made at half time. Pre match when Hammell's name was mentioned as having recovered from injury I thought oh yeh? He didn't look fit and was all over the place defensively for the first 30 minutes or so.

Its very early days to say this but I don't think Robinson has the support of the dressing room.

This is it Dave.

The act of Weakening a weak team by positional adjustments and tactics.

You can't legislate for Zac Jules stopping the ball on the line and passing infield to a marked player.

What was the senior player reactions to yesterday?

I got the feeling from the last few clips that our better players are royally pissed off?

Is it frustrations of individual mistakes or is it down to Managerial tactics and set ups?

Fed up listening to streams week in and out. It's like Ground Hog Day!

I'm not sure about the team is disinterested/garbage as its hard to judge. You don't assess a plumber on his electrical skills do you? You hire a plumber to do plumbing work and a sparky to do the electrics. That said, yes there are some poor players in the squad. To me some of the players are looking fed up playing in unfamiliar roles or roles to which they're not suited. I'd be exactly the same.

Sums it up perfectly with more than half the team playing out of position, nullifying any quality we do have. The deep McDonald role reminds me of the bizarre Craig Moore experiment back in the early days of Baraclough and Robinson.

Robinson was an uninspired appointment by McMahon and Burrows at the time and it's inevitably came back to haunt us. I'd say the players are trying but it's clear as day they don't have faith in the manager. Understandably so.

Oldhams form post Robinson should have ensured he wasn't in the running for a managerial role anytime soon.

RE the well bhoys banner - embarrassing stuff even by their usual standards.

Now more than ever the fan base should be pulling together. A quick google shows approx 18 - 20% in the Motherwell and Wishaw area voted Tory during the week. Still who cares about alienating a fair chunk of our support as long as the nationalist agenda is pushed.

Sums it up perfectly with more than half the team playing out of position, nullifying any quality we do have. The deep McDonald role reminds me of the bizarre Craig Moore experiment back in the early days of Baraclough and Robinson.

Robinson was an uninspired appointment by McMahon and Burrows at the time and it's inevitably came back to haunt us. I'd say the players are trying but it's clear as day they don't have faith in the manager. Understandably so.

Oldhams form post Robinson should have ensured he wasn't in the running for a managerial role anytime soon.

Robinson wasn't the boards first choice, from what I gather we had a manager lined up to come in that didn't fancy it in the end so then we turned to Robinson. No manager with any real background will touch us just now, it's simply not an attractive job and we can slate Burrows and the likes on the board but they will have a job for as long as they want until someone comes along and decides they want to takeover the club.